CiVista Med. ctr. DO NOT GO!!!!!

rdkarob

Atir211 said:
The ER is that - an emergency room. It's not for a sprained ankle that you really can wait to see your Dr for and it shouldn't be for routine things that you put off until your Dr's office is closed. All of those are the reason the ER's are packed and you have to wait hours to be seen. If you go to Civista for a life-threatening problem, you WILL be seen and you WILL have excellent care.

NO you will not!!!! Let me stress that my Mother In Law is 65 years old and was buckled over in pain. To me that is life threatening, at least to her it was, they didn't know what was wrong with her at all and did not see her until later that night, did every test still couldn't find out what is wrong and sent her on her way....she is still in pain, severe and is now at St. Marys....Civista Sucks!

Atir211

rdkarob said:
NO you will not!!!! Let me stress that my Mother In Law is 65 years old and was buckled over in pain. To me that is life threatening, at least to her it was, they didn't know what was wrong with her at all and did not see her until later that night, did every test still couldn't find out what is wrong and sent her on her way....she is still in pain, severe and is now at St. Marys....Civista Sucks!

I'm not trying to "lessen" your mother-n-laws situation, but if this occurred last night and they did all the tests and couldn't find anything wrong, then it probably isn't life threatening. I hope you find out what the problem is and get it corrected, but at the same time I stand by Civista. I still think Civista is an excellent hospital for a rural facility and in my situation I had 3 Dr's at Washington Hospital Center tell me that they did everything right for my b/f and if they hadn't - he wouldn't be alive.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
03-01-2007 03:29 PM guessing you are a total idiot, cuz you sure aint a DR

I am neither an idiot nor a doctor. I do have enough common sense to know that profuse bleeding, compound fractures and difficulty breathing will trump bruises, sprains and mysterious pains every time!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I was in the ER last October and December. Both visits were in the middle of the day and the ER was moderately busy. Also both times I was treated reasonably quickly and by the same Dr.

About 4 weeks ago my mother went in for a major [planned] surgery. She seemed to be treated very well and the nurses were nice and attentive.

I don't know how to explain the bad experience(s) so I won't attempt to do so. But there may have been things going on behind the scenes that were creating problems, and all you saw was the outward effect.

princess73

just one of those days...
I have transported patients by ambulance that were really in need of medical care to Civista and was told to take them to the waiting area where they would be called by triage. One of them didn't make it to the waiting room before they stopped breathing. I hate to take someone that really needs to go to the ER to Civista. And I always just go the extra distance to go to Southern Maryland whenever I have had to go myself.

Seraphin

Livin on love
I went to Civista once :ohwell: Once is all it took. I heard you can go in with a broken toe and leave on a stretcher :dead: