CJ's Backroom

Hank

my war
:crazy:

The owner of a Lusby bar is facing a long list of charges stemming from an incident that allegedly occurred at his business Sunday, Oct. 21.

According to documents on file in District Court of Maryland for Calvert County, Michael Edward Ricker, 47 of Lusby, the owner of C.J.s, is alleged to have pointed a loaded shotgun at four patrons during an incident at the bar.

The investigating officer, Deputy J. Brown, responded to the report of “a subject with a gun” shortly before midnight. “Upon my arrival I observed people standing outside and inside the bar,” Brown stated in court documents. “I asked where the man with the gun was and the crowd responded he was hiding inside and the shotgun was still with him.” Brown said he established a perimeter around the business and evacuated all the patrons. Brown, Cpl. Cox, Sgt. Richard Selkirk and Deputy Quinn conducted a building search but were unable to locate the gunman.

“After making sure the location was safe and no one was in danger I made contact with the complainant,” Brown stated.

The complainant told Brown that “the owner of the bar had come up to him with a shotgun and chambered a round saying ‘get the [expletive] out,’ multiple times,” Brown stated in court documents. The man who claimed he was accosted told the officer he then ran out the bar and called 911.

Lusby Bar Owner Facing Assault Charges - Southern Maryland News

CrashTest

Notice how that one person says they should revoke his liquor license right now for safety reasons. I don't drink and have no use for SMIB watering holes, but do you revoke his license prior to due process?

Roman

I say, leave him alone. It will all come out in the Wash anyway. No, I don't go to the Bar they have, but I sure do love their Fountain Sodas! The Pizza, and other food is cooked to perfection.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
So the patron was becoming a menace and the owner made him leave at gunpoint....I think he was probably asked to leave before that and didn't thereby forcing the owner to let the patron know that he was seriously not wanted. Sounds like the way its always been done. :coffee:

Hank

my war
So the patron was becoming a menace and the owner made him leave at gunpoint....I think he was probably asked to leave before that and didn't thereby forcing the owner to let the patron know that he was seriously not wanted. Sounds like the way its always been done. :coffee:

This isn't the wild wild west! You call the damn cops!

TNRabbit

Exactly.

kara teoke

Not in SOMD any more
Another Anacostia over there. Thank the good lord I live in the Park and don't venture away from The Lexington.

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
I'm not sure if this is related but my husband just text me to say CJ's is closing after today. Anyone know the story?