CNN May Sue White House Over Jim Acosta's Suspended Press Pass

MiddleGround

They can. and most likely do have at least on or two other reporters in there.

The point is Trump trying to stifle the free press because he doesn't like the questions Acosta asks and lying about why his pass was revoked and tweeting our a doctored video.

How exactly is Trump "stifling the free press" when CNN can easily put another reporter in there to report? Perhaps you are attempting to argue freedom of the press on an issue that is actually not related to it.

Bottom line is that the WH (or Trump for that matter) does not have to justify WHY he threw out Acosta. Now, if he totally banned CNN then you would have a leg to stand on but, he simply didn't do that. Like it or not, Acosta is gone, will be gone, and the courts cannot change that. :shrug:

Sapidus

How exactly is Trump "stifling the free press" when CNN can easily put another reporter in there to report? Perhaps you are attempting to argue freedom of the press on an issue that is actually not related to it.

Bottom line is that the WH (or Trump for that matter) does not have to justify WHY he threw out Acosta. Now, if he totally banned CNN then you would have a leg to stand on but, he simply didn't do that. Like it or not, Acosta is gone, will be gone, and the courts cannot change that. :shrug:

Do you really not understand or are you just being obtuse?

By banning reprover who makes it uncomfortable for Trump and asks hard questions what lesson does that teach the remaining reporters? That they have to remain docile and within a certain boundary of asking questions or they risk being thrown out too? That is stifling of the press's ability to ask whatever questions they want , Trump doesn't have to answer but punishing a reporter for asking a tough question is not appropriate.

MiddleGround

By banning reprover who makes it uncomfortable for Trump and asks hard questions what lesson does that teach the remaining reporters? That they have to remain docile and within a certain boundary of asking questions or they risk being thrown out too? That is stifling of the press's ability to ask whatever questions they want , Trump doesn't have to answer but punishing a reporter for asking a tough question is not appropriate.

The only problem with this thought is that it is not the reason he was tossed. He was tossed because he did not follow procedure and yield to other reporters. Its right there in black and white and several posters have put up links. Are you being obtuse?

Or, are you not happy with the reasoning because it does not fit your agenda and you are using this excuse instead? Despite the video and audio evidence?? Now... who was obtuse again??

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Prove it liar

You said DOCTORED ......

Conway said Speed Up ......

I know reading comprehension is not your strong suit .... for the benefit of the class

which did you intend Doctored or Sped Up because there is a huge world of difference between the two

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
By banning

:confused:

who makes it uncomfortable for Trump and asks hard questions what lesson does that teach the remaining reporters? That they have to remain docile and within a certain boundary of asking questions or they risk being thrown out too? That is stifling of the press's ability to ask whatever questions they want , Trump doesn't have to answer but punishing a reporter for asking a tough question is not appropriate.

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

Cool Story Salmon, that has NO Basis in Reality

Hijinx

Press conferences would be a free for all if they all acted like Acosta.
Hopefully this will teach others to act in a manner that conforms to the dignity of the WH and to the dignity of the high place they hold by having a WH press pass.

black dog

Free America
Do you really not understand or are you just being obtuse?

Acosta was a microphone whore, he was the one stiffling all the other reporters by not passing the microphone after his question...

Hijinx

CNN will in the short term as the case winds through 'liberal' courts ... this case will go all the way

I can only say that if it were me , it would harden me to see that Acosta never came inside the WH fence again.

This guy is a pure bred a-hole who needs to be taught some manners.

This_person

CNN will in the short term as the case winds through 'liberal' courts ... this case will go all the way

Should CNN prevail, I would give in - then never, ever, not even once, call on him again. CNN has the ability to ask questions now. Letting Acosta back in would result (in MY White House) CNN never being allowed to ask another question. Many, many, many reporters are in the room and never once have asked a question - this would be no different.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Since he loves Leftist bull#### so much, just deport Acosta to Cuba.

Hijinx

Should CNN prevail, I would give in - then never, ever, not even once, call on him again. CNN has the ability to ask questions now. Letting Acosta back in would result (in MY White House) CNN never being allowed to ask another question. Many, many, many reporters are in the room and never once have asked a question - this would be no different.

I agree with your thought, but with an a-hole like Acosta I am pretty sure he would not wait to be called on, He would stand and interrupt out of turn or without being asked.
I cannot see CNN prevailing, but I also know the District Court.

MiddleGround

The only problem with this thought is that it is not the reason he was tossed. He was tossed because he did not follow procedure and yield to other reporters. Its right there in black and white and several posters have put up links. Are you being obtuse?

Or, are you not happy with the reasoning because it does not fit your agenda and you are using this excuse instead? Despite the video and audio evidence?? Now... who was obtuse again??

Sapidus?? Any reply to this? :shrug:

Don't prove all of your nay-sayers correct and dodge this. I am willing to debate this with you.

Sapidus

You said DOCTORED ......

Conway said Speed Up ......

I know reading comprehension is not your strong suit .... for the benefit of the class

which did you intend Doctored or Sped Up because there is a huge world of difference between the two

Why did they not let the clip speak for itself without changing or "doctoring" anything? To fit their agenda

Sapidus

Sapidus?? Any reply to this? :shrug:

Don't prove all of your nay-sayers correct and dodge this. I am willing to debate this with you.

That was not the reasoning Sarah Huckabee sanders original used when she tweeted a doctored link to say he assaulted the intern.

I happen to run my own business and have a life to live. I'm sorry if you spend every waking moment waiting to hear my proclamations but you will just have to be patient

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why did they not let the clip speak for itself without changing or "doctoring" anything? To fit their agenda

So are you saying that Acosta did not refuse to let go of the microphone when the intern reached for it, as she'd been directed to do?