CNN Uses Man Who Made Kardashian Sex Tape To Attack Kanye West

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have to agree with Kanye on stop and frisk as well.
As much as I like the outcome when they find some scrub with an illegal gun and/or drugs, we have a constitution protecting us from this type of behavior by law enforcement.

Chris0nllyn

From NPR:

'Stop And Frisk' Works, But It's Problematic

But you certainly know way more about law enforcement than NYPD.

Here's a study from John Jay College of Criminal Justice:

https://www.jjay.cuny.edu/sites/default/files/contentgroups/sasp/poster_gallery/pg31.pdf

Chris, you occasionally show glimmers of intelligence, which is why I interact with you instead of just ignoring you and letting you prattle. I would like to see you #walkaway from the hivemind and be more curious instead of just allowing yourself to be fed bull#### and barfing it back up on the internet. Just try it for a week or so.

I understand you are willing to ignore the constitution when it makes you feel warm and fuzzy (plus you have something in common with Michael Bloomberg, congrats!), but I am not. You rant and rave about "stalinists" while you enjoy #### like this. :lol:

Property and violent crime rates were falling before stop and frisk (S&F) and the NYPD didn't stop and frisk people with whom they had reasonable suspicion were about to commit a crime, they did so indiscriminately.

Between January 2004 and June 2012, the NYPD conducted over 4.4 million stops.

In 52% of the 4.4 million stops, the person stopped was black, in 31% the person was Hispanic, and in 10% the person was white.

In 2010, New York City’s resident population was roughly 23% black, 29% Hispanic, and 33% white.

Weapons were seized in 1.0% of the stops of blacks, 1.1% of the stops of Hispanics, and 1.4% of the stops of whites.

Between 2004 and 2009, the percentage of stops where the officer failed to state a specific suspected crime rose from 1% to 36%.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In 52% of the 4.4 million stops, the person stopped was black, in 31% the person was Hispanic, and in 10% the person was white.

Remarkably similar distribution when compared to the annual stats for NYC criminal activity, where the race of suspect and/or arrested person was determined (which is in roughly half of the incidents).

Go figure.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I understand you are willing to ignore the constitution

I don't even know why you say the stupid #### you say. I don't believe I have defended Stop and Frisk - I was merely refuting your assertion that:
It's a program that has not worked by any metric.

And indeed I provided you with two credible sources.

But you feel free to look foolish by going off on these strawman rants. :yay:

Chris0nllyn

I don't even know why you say the stupid #### you say. I don't believe I have defended Stop and Frisk - I was merely refuting your assertion that:

And indeed I provided you with two credible sources.

But you feel free to look foolish by going off on these strawman rants. :yay:

Threads like this, where you show no love for the constitution like a good stalinist.
http://forums.somd.com/threads/333945-This-is-where-we-re-at-in-this-day-and-age

Good sources?
The first was a radio show where the guest was a WaPo columnist. :lol: You saying WaPo is a good source now?
The second was a picture made by some undergrads citing sources from 1960s.

If the program worked it wouldn't be ruled unconstitutional.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If the program worked it wouldn't be ruled unconstitutional.

That statement made no sense. Lots of things can - and have - met the goals set forth for them; i.e "worked", that were later determined to be unconstitutional. Conversely, lots of things that have completely failed to work were/are constitutional. Hell, the latter describes probably the majority of the Federal government.

Chris0nllyn

:roflmao:

Go get your talking points from the handlers, then try again.

Cute, but not based on reality. The reality is, I've voiced my opinion on this matter for years now. I have no desire to argue with you about it as you don't appear to have the same zeal with anyone else's same opinion on the matter. You just want to argue with me and don't want to read anything I post (as evidenced earlier in the thread) anyway, so why waste my time?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You just want to argue with me and don't want to read anything I post

Well that makes us more than even because you don't even read my posts before you "respond" to them.

Maybe it's because I don't speak in codes and dog whistles.

you don't appear to have the same zeal with anyone else's same opinion on the matter

You're right, I don't, and I've told you why at least a dozen times. But you don't read my posts.

Chris0nllyn

Looks like a desperate attempt to not lose her argument by splitting hairs as to the difference between reading her "posts" and her "sources" (which were in the posts)

:popcorn:

Right, and most sane people (I keep using this for a reason) would understand that the subject of the post was, in fact, her "posts". My proof was that I posted the details of her sources (which, believe it or not, were in her posts. Crazy, I know.) only found by reading them, thus reading her posts.

So, when I said "them", in a discussion about Vrai's posts she misunderstood and that's my problem. It's always my problem they can't carry a conversation on the internet in the same exact way they'd carry one in the real world (not sure how often that happens).

Stop and Frisk is bad. It's against the very tenets of our constitution, but miss North Korea can't be bothered with that, nor can she be bothered arguing her points with anyone else who agrees. Only me. All the while she argues how biased everyone else is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stop and Frisk is bad. It's against the very tenets of our constitution, but miss North Korea can't be bothered with that, nor can she be bothered arguing her points with anyone else who agrees. Only me. All the while she argues how biased everyone else is.

Show me where in this thread I personally said Stop and Frisk is a good thing. All I did was provide sources that refute your false statement.