Coat Color Studies Aid Health Research, Breeding C

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Show Rockies overall have a higher lift, less bone strength and substance, smaller size and hotter temperaments. Who wants those qualities in a trail mount?

People who want steady eddie trail mounts of any breed do NOT go to a show or show stock to purchase them. Form follows function. Bottom line.

Actions speak louder than words when people who represent the most knowledgable in the breed (Ie: those who wrote THE book on it) choose MY stallion over the hundreds of others available in the country for their (confirmed) 2010 foal. The proof is in the pudding.

When the owner of any other stallion represented or in the click on this forum can say that...Come talk to me. Until then....talk into the hand, 'cause the ear ain't listening.

Robin

Thought thought he farted.......but he didn't.

There are plenty of retired show horses, that have great breeding and are quiet to be someones family horse trail horse.

So what you are saying are rockies are like all the other gaited horses. except the ones you breed?

Duckz

There are plenty of retired show horses, that have great breeding and are quiet to be someones family horse trail horse.

So what you are saying are rockies are like all the other gaited horses. except the ones you breed?

I think she's saying something like this:

9. Point out that you don’t need championships or working titles for your horses because you are breeding for temperament and your horses are really sweet.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!

:confused:

Good lord Robin.....I have no idea where what you say comes from. None what so ever.
Have you visited my horses?
Have you (or any one of you) ridden with me or ridden one of mine?
Why not, for once, gather and express an opinion based on something factual rather than making shiat up....Or should I say...its your story tell it any way you want to.

Sorry but this crap just gets old after a while. I guess while you're picking at me you're leaving someone else alone. :yay: Glad i can be of assistance.

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I think she's saying something like this:

9. Point out that you don’t need championships or working titles for your horses because you are breeding for temperament and your horses are really sweet.
I think the actions of other well respected, top level breeders and very happy owners speaks loud and clear for my choice in a foundation stallion and young stock chosen to raise train and resell. But thanks for pointing it out again anyways. :yay:

Robin

Good lord Robin.....I have no idea where what you say comes from. None what so ever.
Why not, for once, gather and express an opinion based on something factual rather than making shiat up....Or should I say...its your story tell it any way you want to.

Sorry but this crap just gets old after a while. I guess while you're picking at me you're leaving someone else alone. :yay: Glad i can be of assistance.

No I have not had the opportunity to ride with you. Or to experience your horses in action.

I am not making {stuff} up. Most Show horse owners retire a mount to trail riding and becoming a family horse after their show career. Where is this a lie??????

YouTube - 10 yo AQHA Gelding - Retired Show Horse - Quiet & Cute
Retired Show Mare In Need of Good Home - Horses For Sale at Cowboy.com

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
No I have not had the opportunity to ride with you. Or to experience your horses in action.
I am not making {stuff} up. Most Show horse owners retire a mount to trail riding and becoming a family horse after their show career. Where is this a lie??????

OK…I apologize for the misinterpretation, perhaps not “lies” (which is your word not mine). Maybe….assumptions drawn from zero first hand knowledge would be the term I’m looking for.

I think "most" show horses would be a bit of a stretch but here goes.

Your first example a QH... Quote:
"He is priced low because he has arthritis. He is not lame but will be occasionally stiff, the more often he is ridden the better he moves. He has a awesome jog but his lope is not what it use to be."

He's only TEN!! Wonder when he was "retired"?

Your second example an Arab... Quote:
“is an older Arabian that has grown better with age. She would prefer to be in an arena though I have taken her on trails as long as there are other horses she doesn't mind going and loves to be the leader.”

Translation – She’s spooky, jiggy, herd bound and barn sour as all get out. Price 400.00.

Were they the best retirees to good trail homes you could find?? :faint: I think my idea of a good trail horse is different from yours. maybe that's where I got this whole breeding thing completely wrong. :doh:

Robin

OK…I apologize for the misinterpretation, perhaps not “lies” (which is your word not mine). Maybe….assumptions drawn from zero first hand knowledge would be the term I’m looking for.

I think "most" show horses would be a bit of a stretch but here goes.

Your first example a QH... Quote:
"He is priced low because he has arthritis. He is not lame but will be occasionally stiff, the more often he is ridden the better he moves. He has a awesome jog but his lope is not what it use to be."

He's only TEN!! Wonder when he was "retired"?

Your second example an Arab... Quote:
“is an older Arabian that has grown better with age. She would prefer to be in an arena though I have taken her on trails as long as there are other horses she doesn't mind going and loves to be the leader.”

Translation – She’s spooky, jiggy, herd bound and barn sour as all get out. Price 400.00.

Were they the best retirees to good trail homes you could find?? :faint: I think my idea of a good trail horse is different from yours. maybe that's where I got this whole breeding thing completely wrong. :doh:

Happy I am just saying most folks retire their horses from show careers to family -trail homes. Like you I could probably GOOGLE quite a few. But this is the way it generally has been. I did not read the ads just pointed out what some do and have done. Some free lease them for life of the animal. I am glad you found your nitch in the breeding community. You have done your research and your putting your proof in the Chocolate pudding. Time will tell if you have brought back this breed from extinction. Great Mission. I know someone that is doing so with the Tiger Horse Breed. Kudos to both of you.

mingiz

Horse Poor

I have and you were on the ground..... I have nothing against you or your breeding practices. But hearing through the grapevine..Your just a back yard type breeder....I have seen your horses out on public rides and if I were looking at the breed to buy. I would run. You do not present your horses in the manner you speak of them...jmo...

Bigpops92

Wow...this is better than Jerry Springer.

I think what Robin is getting at is that it is irresponsible to breed for a sub-par breed standard, under the cloak of breeding for a "family horse". There are plenty of people breeding for breed standards, quiet dispositions, and desirable traits, and the horses that fall short of making the show arena are turned into family horses/trail horses...or they do show then retire to make family and show horses. If you are breeding for the family/trail horse, and your horse falls short of expectations....well then you can make some people in France very happy! :yum: If you aren't striving to attain breed standards (not fads, or freakish extremes), and aren't selective in the mares you allow to breed to your stallion (ie.giving discounts to anything that isn't your stallions breed), then you are part of the back-yard breeding problem.

And since we are throwing out quotes, read my old one - "most horse people have no business raising rabbits let alone horses"

Back to my cave. Muahahahaha

FrmGrl

Get some!

I think what Robin is getting at is that it is irresponsible to breed for a sub-par breed standard, under the cloak of breeding for a "family horse". There are plenty of people breeding for breed standards, quiet dispositions, and desirable traits, and the horses that fall short of making the show arena are turned into family horses/trail horses...or they do show then retire to make family and show horses. If you are breeding for the family/trail horse, and your horse falls short of expectations....well then you can make some people in France very happy! :yum: If you aren't striving to attain breed standards (not fads, or freakish extremes), and aren't selective in the mares you allow to breed to your stallion (ie.giving discounts to anything that isn't your stallions breed), then you are part of the back-yard breeding problem.

And since we are throwing out quotes, read my old one - "most horse people have no business raising rabbits let alone horses"

Very well said! You may come out of the cave more often if you wish. Seems you are quite sensible.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom

Oh my god! I don't know who you are but I love you!! Brilliant post.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I have and you were on the ground..... I have nothing against you or your breeding practices. But hearing through the grapevine..Your just a back yard type breeder....I have seen your horses out on public rides and if I were looking at the breed to buy. I would run. You do not present your horses in the manner you speak of them...jmo...

is that particular mare, which you saw me ride once (which was NOT a public ride) when i was evaluating her for a possible purchase, even in my breeding program or was she purchased by me after that evaluation ride and I don't about know it? WOW...its amazing how much you know about my horses.

And HOW many times have we actually ridden together both public and private? go ahead, enlighten me since I seem to have forgotten. And which horse did i ride?

And what happend to make you feel this way about my horse(s)? Funny I've been on every single ride the local club has had for the last 3+ years, and hundreds of other rides with friends, and don't remember riding with you at any one of them, nor have you ever even been to either of my places yet you speak with such authority. I'm truely in awe.

Oh and there goes that lack of first hand knowledge through the grapevine thing again...its amazing how much people know about how things which they have no experience actually work.

Why don't you tell everyone what your real problem is Ming?
A decision that was made which I had nothing to do with might be the answer?
Sour grapes perhaps?

Last edited:

devinej

I've seen a couple of your products, not at your farm. although very quiet, he is very small boned, very small heart-girth for his height, ewe necked, rump-high, unfortunate little thing. with huge white around his eyes, he just isn't too pretty, appy colored, not gaited. the other one is nicer in color, a dark bay, but same conformation problems. she's a bit fiesty. of course i shouldn't judge your whole breeding program on those two.

covekat

I'm interested in one of those shuffling horses, or maybe even one that can tap dance...now that would be entertaining (and worth reproducing even). :starcat:

mingiz

Horse Poor
is that particular mare, which you saw me ride once (which was NOT a public ride) when i was evaluating her for a possible purchase, even in my breeding program or was she purchased by me after that evaluation ride and I don't about know it? WOW...its amazing how much you know about my horses.

Gee when I evaluate a new horse I usually ride using 2 hands and not picking up deer horns and then fling them around a horse. Hence why your azz hit the ground. Next time lay there and die for all I care..A smart rider your not.
And HOW many times have we actually ridden together both public and private? go ahead, enlighten me since I seem to have forgotten. And which horse did i ride?

I have been on many public rides No I pesonally wasn't attached to your hip.. I watch people and horses...But I guess you have forgotten the times you asked me to go to Tuckahoe with your group and ride. Never happen I respect my animals .Your group doesn't.
And what happend to make you feel this way about my horse(s)? Funny I've been on every single ride the local club has had for the last 3+ years, and hundreds of other rides with friends, and don't remember riding with you at any one of them, nor have you ever even been to either of my places yet you speak with such authority. I'm truely in awe.

Refer to above post answer...You have not been on every ride at the local club if your refering to SMTR, So you lie also.. oh no not you your such an honest person....

Oh and there goes that lack of first hand knowledge through the grapevine thing again...its amazing how much people know about how things which they have no experience actually work.

Let me tell you this I have been in this horse world along time. I have had plenty of first hand experience. I just don't go out there an act like I know it all like you do.Mine has been all on hands knowledge, not books.

Why don't you tell everyone what your real problem is Ming?
A decision that was made which I had nothing to do with might be the answer?
Sour grapes perhaps?
I don't have any problems So what ever your referring to I haven't an idea. Oh is it the ride thing Hey I don't care...So you gonna drag SMTR into this? I really don't care. I'm not a member anymore...Seems you always try to make everyone look dumb in this forum. Personally I think atleast 2 of you should go...
So I have answered your ?'s OK that's it, don't drag it on. Because most on here don't want to hear it.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
MEEEOOOWW.... See I am gone and the drama still continues. Therefore I must assume that it wasn't me. :1bdz: