Colonoscopy First timer

MMDad

Lem Putt
Geek said:
Hey, everybody..test all done..still a little drowsy. Everything went fine. They took something out but did not think it was cancer :yay: prep was the worst part by far. Thanks for all the help :flowers:

I didn't think the prep was that bad, but I ate Navy food for 6 years so all the poopin' and cramps was familiar to me.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Geek said:
Hey, everybody..test all done..still a little drowsy. Everything went fine. They took something out but did not think it was cancer :yay: prep was the worst part by far. Thanks for all the help :flowers:
They'll send it for results and if they don't think it is cancer, it most likely isn't. The drugs during the procedure are good though, huh?????

Geek

BS Gal said:
They'll send it for results and if they don't think it is cancer, it most likely isn't. The drugs during the procedure are good though, huh?????

Yes they are going to test it. If it is precancerous, I will need another to take it out, but he said it is less than 1% chance that it is abnormal..so I really like those odds and I am not worried. The drugs were really, really good..I liked how fast they worked :yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Geek said:
Yes they are going to test it. If it is precancerous, I will need another to take it out, but he said it is less than 1% chance that it is abnormal..so I really like those odds and I am not worried. The drugs were really, really good..I liked how fast they worked :yay:

The prep for the colonoscopy is definitely the pain in the ass part! I've had one or two of the EGD/colonoscopy combos and was actually having a procedure myself yesterday while you were having yours - though the prep was much easier. I just has a wonderful SBFT (Small Bowel Follow Through) and was treated to a 10 hour fast with the Barium solution and a closet to hang out in for a few hours....

But, :kickingrocks: no fart theatrics! :lmao:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Did you know that the scope for the upper and the lower are essentially the same? Do you know how you can tell them apart?

By the smell!

Geek

virgovictoria said:
The prep for the colonoscopy is definitely the pain in the ass part! I've had one or two of the EGD/colonoscopy combos and was actually having a procedure myself yesterday while you were having yours - though the prep was much easier. I just has a wonderful SBFT (Small Bowel Follow Through) and was treated to a 10 hour fast with the Barium solution and a closet to hang out in for a few hours....

But, :kickingrocks: no fart theatrics! :lmao:

I know we should be grateful for these tests, but it took a lot to suck down the second phoso soda, knowing what it would do. The fast was not as bad as I thought..I was so nervous though. I actually came out of the drugs for a little bit crying from the pain. It is worth knowing the results of the test.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Geek said:
I know we should be grateful for these tests, but it took a lot to suck down the second phoso soda, knowing what it would do. The fast was not as bad as I thought..I was so nervous though. I actually came out of the drugs for a little bit crying from the pain. It is worth knowing the results of the test.

I remember waking up when they turned a corner. I think I just grunted, but it was quick.

One of my co-workers told me the nurses asked him to stop yelling so much, he was scaring the other patients. So he yelled "then knock my a$$ out!"

The whole phospho thing didn't hurt at all for me. Did it hurt for you? I don't understand why people hate it so much?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The worse part of a procedure like this is to have a comedian for a doctor or so I have heard. I have never had one done but I have a buddy I know that did and he didn't get knocked out for it. He said that when he was laying there in a semi-unconscious state, everything was going okay, only minor discomfort until that SOB of a doctor hollered out "Look no hands". He said he about killed myself trying to get off the table and I about died laughing at him.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Ken King said:
The worse part of a procedure like this is to have a comedian for a doctor or so I have heard. I have never had one done but I have a buddy I know that did and he didn't get knocked out for it. He said that when he was laying there in a semi-unconscious state, everything was going okay, only minor discomfort until that SOB of a doctor hollered out "Look no hands". He said he about killed myself trying to get off the table and I about died laughing at him.
ha...... ha.... that.....was .... funny...... :yawn:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
My hubby said I was pretty funny on the ride home from the ordeal. Quite the comedian I guess. I also heard that from the nurses after I had ankle surgery. They said I was really, really funny. I have no idea what I said to them. How scary is that? They were just doubled over in laughter when I came out of it. I told "secrets" they said.

Mikeinsmd

BS Gal said:
My hubby said I was pretty funny on the ride home from the ordeal. Quite the comedian I guess. I also heard that from the nurses after I had ankle surgery. They said I was really, really funny. I have no idea what I said to them. How scary is that? They were just doubled over in laughter when I came out of it. I told "secrets" they said.
Tell us a joke... :popcorn:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Mikeinsmd said:
Tell us a joke... :popcorn:
apparently, when I came out of the "procedure" I asked the nurse how my axxhole was. She said fine. I asked if he was still in the waiting room.

Mikeinsmd

BS Gal said:
I have no anethesia right now; therefore, nothing funny to say. Get over it and quit with that stupid "I'm waiting thing." I hate that.
It was a joke silly..... btw, the green was mine. :flowers: :love:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Mikeinsmd said:
It was a joke silly..... btw, the green was mine. :flowers: :love:
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mikeinsmd again

Geek

MMDad said:
I remember waking up when they turned a corner. I think I just grunted, but it was quick.

One of my co-workers told me the nurses asked him to stop yelling so much, he was scaring the other patients. So he yelled "then knock my a$$ out!"

The whole phospho thing didn't hurt at all for me. Did it hurt for you? I don't understand why people hate it so much?

Oh yeah...It just took forever, I was sick of being in there, eventually everything back there hurt for me...Next time I want full knock out.. I did not like that all I could do was cry, I couldn't talk. My insides still are sore today..I am real sensitive to pain, but I don't cry easy.

CMC122

Go Braves!
BS Gal said:
apparently, when I came out of the "procedure" I asked the nurse how my axxhole was. She said fine. I asked if he was still in the waiting room.
:lmao:

We had a patient once that asked us to tell his wife that we didn't find his head up his ass:roflmao: