Colonoscopy First timer

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
You all are soldiers, just reminded me that I need to begin the process of health tests now that I have passed 30y/o.

I too had a team of med students in when I had my first son and I unbelievably did not even care it was Sunday at 5am and I hadn't slept since Friday night.

Also, I remember when they thought I had appendicitis and I had a Barium Enema or whatever and they pumped all of that milky stuff in me to enlarge something so they could look at it through a scope. I am glad I didnt have it but man having that milky stuff come out was not cool.

Must these procedures be so complex. Why can't a camera just see through your skin and bones and tell the doctors what's up. I guess that will come generations later.

CMC122

Go Braves!
LexiGirl75 said:
You all are soldiers, just reminded me that I need to begin the process of health tests now that I have passed 30y/o.

I too had a team of med students in when I had my first son and I unbelievably did not even care it was Sunday at 5am and I hadn't slept since Friday night.

Also, I remember when they thought I had appendicitis and I had a Barium Enema or whatever and they pumped all of that milky stuff in me to enlarge something so they could look at it through a scope. I am glad I didnt have it but man having that milky stuff come out was not cool.

Must these procedures be so complex. Why can't a camera just see through your skin and bones and tell the doctors what's up. I guess that will come generations later.
There are Virtual Colonoscopy's but they are not nearly as accurate as having the Doctors own eyes make the inspection!

Plus if you have one of those and they find polyps you still have to have a regular colonoscopy to have them removed:jet:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
CMC122 said:
There are Virtual Colonoscopy's but they are not nearly as accurate as having the Doctors own eyes make the inspection!

Plus if you have one of those and they find polyps you still have to have a regular colonoscopy to have them removed:jet:
Plus, you get the good drugs with the invasive colonoscopy....

My mom just had one done. She's good to go! It was her first. My Dad has them almost every year. His Dad died of colon cancer. My mother and my father are like babies doing this procedure. It's not really the procedure ... it's the fasting and the crap you have to drink. :lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Robin Williams:"Live from Broadway" has the funniest story about colonoscopy aftermath. The walking farts and sounding like an outboard motor. :killingme

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
CMC122 said:

Two very good points.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I refused to submit to a colonoscopy - and I had an endoscopy at the same time - without complete anesthesia. Off to la-la land I went, and woke up sometime later. Good thing, too. They had to repeat the colonoscopy a week later, and for that I was again, completely under. Nobody should have to go through that while awake.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
O.k. I have to do this tomorrow. Prep is today..Anyone else do this and have tips? Can I take tylenol? Is orange jello o.k.? If I am 10 min. late for breakfast I get grumpy, will I be dangerous by tomorrow? :scared:
I got 1 tomorrow. Did the first 1 14 years ago.

The prep still sucks. But the new prep has 56% less suckage. I'm 3 glasses into a 12 glass evening. Then 4 more tomorrow morning. Needless to say, I won't be sneaking any farts out the next few days.

And I'm really, really hungry. Can't wait for this to be over.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've had 2 in my lifetime and never foresee ever doing it again. They've got to come up with a better procedure. The last one, the doctor accused me of not taking all my "cleanser". After what I had been through with prep, I really felt like telling her she shouldn't have chosen such a shitty specialty if she couldn't handle it, bitch. I guess she was the one in the family to draw the short straw.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've had 5 or 6, always under sedation, last time was in July 2022, along with an endoscopy.
Will have another in 2 years, as pre-cancerous polyps were removed during the last 3.
Prep IS the worst part, though that has improved a lot.

NOTSMC

I've had 2 in my lifetime and never foresee ever doing it again. They've got to come up with a better procedure. The last one, the doctor accused me of not taking all my "cleanser". After what I had been through with prep, I really felt like telling her she shouldn't have chosen such a shitty specialty if she couldn't handle it, bitch. I guess she was the one in the family to draw the short straw.
Sweetie that was just his way of telling you that you're full of sh*t :)