could be another fatal accident

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have made better trust me
I want her to drop it. One post she makes how long she has know him and his family and then she wont STFU about it.
Mikey's cousin was killed the same way as Mikey killed this guy. If anyone should have learned it would have been Mikey. So her slamming his name over and over again will not help anyone. She needs to apply for a job at St Marys today, they are great at dragging up the past and beating someone in the face about it

I don't know you, I don't know her, in fact (thankfully) I don't know any of you. But that comment paints you as a low life, bottom feeding, scum sucker. That has to be one of the most disrepectful things I have read on this forum.

Obviously "Mikey" didn't learn and with enablers like you and his other pals, it's likely he will never learn.
Anyone want to give odds on him getting a DIU while on work release?

As I stated, I don't know the scum, err the felon, but it would appear from what I've read here that this was not the first time he's made "a little mistake". I think it's only proper that judges have some degree of latitude in handing down a sentence - some people don't need to serve time in the DOC, the guilt they feel will be their prison for the rest of their life.

SoccerMom2

I want Sockie to stop bring up Mikey cause screwed up while drinking.

You said
Her picking on someone about their DUI and they don't do it

Well, how can someone who makes money serving beer to people and then have them drive home?

Um killing someone is more then just a screw up. Drinking and driving is against the law a$$face! He knew what he was doing before he took his first sip. I hope they rape his a$$ in jail!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Obviously "Mikey" didn't learn and with enablers like you and his other pals, it's likely he will never learn.
Anyone want to give odds on him getting a DIU while on work release?

Don't you know? He lost his privileges to drive, he won't be driving himself to work.

We (the county taxpayers) will be providing him with a driver and vehicle to chauffer him back and forth between work and jail. I mean it's only fair, we REALLY don't want to punish him.

What a hoot. He gets free room and board, gets to go to work where we'll drive him to and fro (and pay the gas to do so).. It's like he just got a HUGE raise. We showed HIM.. I bet he NEVER drinks and drives again!!

Last edited:
L

letmetellyou

This is not a police bashing thread. It was never meant to be. Mr. Bowes's stepfather is not even a cop anymore. He ruined that. It was also not meant to bash Mr. Bowes. In the end, karma's a mf'er. If he gets no jail time, he'll have thoughts of this for the rest of his life. Despite the fact that he had a drinking and driving problem, he has a good heart. I am pretty certain that he is torn up about this. Well, atleast I'd like to hope so. However, in the eyes of the law and what is fair, he should be put in jail. :yay:
I am reading through this, and I have to disagree with you. You are bashing the police when you insinuate there will be a cover up because the guy's step father was a cop. I know the step father, and am not sure what he ruined? He retired at Captains pay of a police department. What was ruined?

By the way, your theory on this being covered up was wrong too if memory serves me correct. The case was given to a Calvert County Prosecutor in order for there to be no accusation of impropriety. I would submit that things were done correctly in this case and all the speculation here was just what was implied. Nonsense.

SoMDGirl42

Don't you know? He lost his privildges to drive, he won't be driving himself to work.

We (the county taxpayers) will be providing him with a driver and vehicle to chauffer him back and forth between work and jail. I mean it's only fair, we REALLY don't want to punish him.

What a hoot. He gets free room and board, gets to go to work where we'll drive him to and fro (and pay the gas to do so).. It's like he just got a HUGE raise. We showed HIM.. I bet he NEVER drinks and drives again!!
They provide a driver and a car? Really? I thought they had to find their own transportation to and from.

Free room and board? I thought they had to pay so much per day while on work release.

This deal is sounding better and better all the time.

L

letmetellyou

:yeahthat: I knew this was going to happen. I'm sure anyone in the county could have predicted this. Gotta love the St. Mary's County judicial system. I don't GAFF if he was tried in Calvert. It's the ties with the local system that got him he light sentence. And my next question is if he was tried in Calvert, why is he not atleast serving his sentence there?

The local judicial systems=:boo::rolleyes::boo:
Are you saying his sentence was lighter than any other dwi fatal accident sentence? Do you have any other examples of that in St. Mary's County or is that more b.s. from you? Weren't you the one that said the cops held evidence so he wouldn't be found guilty? Sounds like you have an axe to grind wiht the locals.

L

letmetellyou

What I am saying is his sentence was no different than most, of the people who are convicted of the same thing. As a matter of fact, there was a teacher convicted a couple of years ago who had NO ties to the county who received a six month active sentence. I think the dui laws are screwed up, not the local judicial system.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
What I am saying is his sentence was no different than most, of the people who are convicted of the same thing. As a matter of fact, there was a teacher convicted a couple of years ago who had NO ties to the county who received a six month active sentence. I think the dui laws are screwed up, not the local judicial system.
But the teacher that you reference who got a DUI didn't end up killing someone. (At least I am almost entirely positive that it is the same teacher that I am thinking of. )

This guy did.

It's not really appropriate to discuss DUI cases and the unfairness of their sentences in this scenario unless they, too, were the cause of someone else losing their life.

L

letmetellyou

But the teacher that you reference who got a DUI didn't end up killing someone. (At least I am almost entirely positive that it is the same teacher that I am thinking of. )

This guy did.

It's not really appropriate to discuss DUI cases and the unfairness of their sentences in this scenario unless they, too, were the cause of someone else losing their life.
No, the teacher I am talking about killed a guy on Chancellors Run Road.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They provide a driver and a car? Really? I thought they had to find their own transportation to and from.

Free room and board? I thought they had to pay so much per day while on work release.

This deal is sounding better and better all the time.

I think what you are saying is true, but it's also true that by State Law 18 months is the longest a person can be on work release.

They are charged $98 a week to live in a "half-way house" specifically for those near the end of their sentences, but he won't be staying there, he'll actually be in the jail. I don't think MD charges for incarceration in the jails.

And NORMALLY they would have to provide their own transportation, but he doesn't, or shouldn't, have a license, so I'm sure they'll provide a correctional vehicle that will transport him.

It seems to me that a lot of special privleges, and special treatment are being had here.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
His sentence is extremely different than most, county lockup is no more than 18 months, any sentence longer than that means you go away to jail. He is being a slap on the wrist judgement due to his step fathers connections.

L

letmetellyou

His sentence is extremely different than most, county lockup is no more than 18 months, any sentence longer than that means you go away to jail. He is being a slap on the wrist judgement due to his step fathers connections.
There are a lot of people who get sentences more than 18 months who stay in the local detention center for longer than 18 months as a result of a plea agreement. First, fyi, this guy is not his step father and is no longer with the suspect's mother. I am not defending the guy, I think he should serve a lot longer sentence. The talk that it is somehow political is nonsense though. Look at other dui's, which have resulted in a fatality and then you will know.

sockgirl77

Well let ME tell YOU that this has everything to do with his family's connections. You're a damn idiot if you refuse to believe that it is not. And NO, it is NOT in the norm for SMCDC to allow an inmate to stay in their facility for 4 years.

L

letmetellyou

Well let ME tell YOU that this has everything to do with his family's connections. You're a damn idiot if you refuse to believe that it is not. And NO, it is NOT in the norm for SMCDC to allow an inmate to stay in their facility for 4 years.
I thought you had said in one of your post that the police held his bac so that it would taint the case? Why is it that his sentence is greater than that of others who have committed the same crime in St Mary's County? How come his great political connections didn't help him there? You seem to have some sort of axe to grind. Who exactly are you saying helped him? His mothers ex-husband has not been a law enforcement officer in St. Mary's County for almost 8 years. Where is the connection that Bowes has?

L

letmetellyou

One other thing, you said that Bowes mother's ex-husband screwed up his career. Do you know that he retired at Captains pay for his service? How is that screwing up his career?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
There are a lot of people who get sentences more than 18 months who stay in the local detention center for longer than 18 months as a result of a plea agreement. First, fyi, this guy is not his step father and is no longer with the suspect's mother. I am not defending the guy, I think he should serve a lot longer sentence. The talk that it is somehow political is nonsense though. Look at other dui's, which have resulted in a fatality and then you will know.
I'm sorry, I took a shortcut in explaining the relationship between the two, it's more technically correct to say the captain is the convicts mothers husband (was). Which DUI fatality would you prefer I look at, the ones I found were all confined for 6 years and up. I still say it's due to connections and you haven't proved any different.

L

letmetellyou

I'm sorry, I took a shortcut in explaining the relationship between the two, it's more technically correct to say the captain is the convicts mothers husband (was). Which DUI fatality would you prefer I look at, the ones I found were all confined for 6 years and up. I still say it's due to connections and you haven't proved any different.
How many of them were in St. Mary's County?