Country Music

mitzi

Thanks, BOP! That is way cool! I would have never imagined Willy looking like that. We were all young once. I was 7 in 1962, and thought he was close to my age, and just a forever hippie! :lol: How old is he? I need to Bing that! I love Willy, and love that he is an outlaw. Great post! :smile:

Willie is 80.

BOP

If you watched the clip above all the way through, you no doubt saw the Collins Kids, brother and sister act Larry and Lorrie. They started out country, but quickly slid into rockabilly and even all out rock.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Surprised that no one has brought up Patsy Cline. Hmm, maybe her choice of head gear. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Surprised that no one has brought up Patsy Cline.

Patsy has been played out by too many bad karaoke singers murdering Crazy. I don't ever want to hear that song again.

And a rant:

What possesses truly terrible singers to jump up in front of a barful of people and belt out a vocalist song? Don't say alcohol because I've seen stone sober people do it any number of times.

Patsy Cline
Linda Ronstadt
Mariah Carey
Sinatra
Tony Bennett
Luther Vandross

Stop it, people. If you can't freaking sing but still want to take the stage, pick a crowd pleaser. A sing-a-long. Something you won't absolutely butcher. Pour Some Sugar On Me is a great pick. Crocodile Rock. Something by AC/DC. A Spice Girls song. Wham!

Just please, I beg you, no more caterwauling to Patsy.

mitzi

Patsy has been played out by too many bad karaoke singers murdering Crazy. I don't ever want to hear that song again.

And a rant:

What possesses truly terrible singers to jump up in front of a barful of people and belt out a vocalist song? Don't say alcohol because I've seen stone sober people do it any number of times.

Patsy Cline
Linda Ronstadt
Mariah Carey
Sinatra
Tony Bennett
Luther Vandross

Stop it, people. If you can't freaking sing but still want to take the stage, pick a crowd pleaser. A sing-a-long. Something you won't absolutely butcher. Pour Some Sugar On Me is a great pick. Crocodile Rock. Something by AC/DC. A Spice Girls song. Wham!

:killingme I've wondered the same exact thing. Just because you "love" a song does not mean you should get up there and sing it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

And a rant:

Patsy Cline
Linda Ronstadt
Mariah Carey
Sinatra
Tony Bennett
Luther Vandross

:killingme Sorry to have rubbed you wrong. :roflmao: But Patsy was great and I still enjoy her songs, luckily I have avoided the karaoke kamikaze.

mitzi

:killingme Sorry to have rubbed you wrong. :roflmao: But Patsy was great and I still enjoy her songs, luckily I have avoided the karaoke kamikaze.

Some country show was on the other night. Normally wouldn't have watched it, but LeeAnn Rimes did a tribute to Patsy with a medley of her songs. I had forgotten how good LeeAnn is, she did the songs justice. Beautifully performed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some country show was on the other night. Normally wouldn't have watched it, but LeeAnn Rimes did a tribute to Patsy with a medley of her songs. I had forgotten how good LeeAnn is, she did the songs justice. Beautifully performed.

LeeAnn can sing Patsy. No one else.

Hank

my war
I disagree. Willie has a light touch and brings a lot of emotion out of his guitar. He's subtle, not show-offy.

I would put him in the same category as Clapton. I like them both and I agree he is a subtle player, just not hard to figure out and emulate.