Coyote

garyt27

INAFJ
If you leave your cat out to roam at night, do not be sad when it doesn't come home. Heere Wily Coyote! dinner.

Mama_Mia08

We have them here, I saw one running through my neighborhood with a broken leg. I know two people who have had issues, one woman had her small dog ripped out of her arms by one and another woman lost her cat when a coyote chewed through her screened porch. They are a pain, and they multiply like rabbits.

A coyote ripped a dog out of someones arms and tore through a screen of someone else? This had to have happened out west where coyotes are all over. I thought they are shy animals. I've been here 4 yrs and am yet to have seen any of these elusive dog eating cat snatching coyotes.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A coyote ripped a dog out of someones arms and tore through a screen of someone else? This had to have happened out west where coyotes are all over. I thought they are shy animals. I've been here 4 yrs and am yet to have seen any of these elusive dog eating cat snatching coyotes.

Pssst...she lives in Florida.

I lived off of Coster Road, which is very near Mill Bridge Road, for many years and it was not uncommon to hear folks talk about spotting coyotes. Friends who live on Mill Bridge would sometimes see the coyotes prowling around their farm or when they were out hunting.

Mama_Mia08

Pssst...she lives in Florida.

I lived off of Coster Road, which is very near Mill Bridge Road, for many years and it was not uncommon to hear folks talk about spotting coyotes. Friends who live on Mill Bridge would sometimes see the coyotes prowling around their farm or when they were out hunting.

Oh, haha. Figured all the people on somd forums lived here anyway especially w/name bay Kat. I will think twice about calling over dogs I see running loose:) I have poor eye sight. You know the commercial with woman calling her cat and she lets in raccoon...thats me lol. Do we really need all the destructive squirrels? Rabbits breed constant. I don't see harm in a few coyotes:)

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Oh, haha. Figured all the people on somd forums lived here anyway especially w/name bay Kat. I will think twice about calling over dogs I see running loose:) I have poor eye sight. You know the commercial with woman calling her cat and she lets in raccoon...thats me lol. Do we really need all the destructive squirrels? Rabbits breed constant. I don't see harm in a few coyotes:)

I had a raccoon attempt to break into my back porch a few weeks ago so I can empathize with that woman. :lmao:

BlueOx77

They don't just kill deer. They kill livestock and pets as well. They also kill off native species such as foxes. Remember coyotes are an invasive species. They have a very low fear of humans unlike other predators. You have to consider what would happen when their hunting grounds expand into people's neighborhoods. Got a small child?

They don't kill deer, unless a multitude of them have come across a sick, old or crippled one. They're not wolves. They're happy if they can find a feral cat colony. That is their buffet.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Suddenly facing a pack of coyotes while out hunting with your Obama approved flintlock (All a hunter really needs or so we are told) is a REAL good reason to be carrying a sidearm with hi cap mags.

Suddenly facing a pack of coyotes while out hunting with your Obama approved flintlock (All a hunter really needs or so we are told) is a REAL good reason to be carrying a sidearm with hi cap mags.

Dan'l Boone would just wade into the pack and start swinging the rifle and bustin' skulls.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dan'l Boone would just wade into the pack and start swinging the rifle and bustin' skulls.

Yeah, but, Daniel Boone was a man. Yes, a big man. With an eye like and eagle and as tall as a mountain was he.

Us lowly baby boomers like our modern conveniences. Like hi cap mags.