Critics and Gripers

somd whisper

locallady said:
I sit here and read what is suppose to be reviews on local restaurants, and all I see is negative comments. Do you understand that you are hurting your local businesses? They fight with the chain, who have more $ and time for advertising and overhead. Why not take your comments to the owners of these business and give feedback on what made your experience so horrible. Sitting online in a forum complaining is not #1 going to give you anywhere else to eat, #2 give your local vedors and owners the feedback they need to improve on service and expectation levels and #3 I am looking for outlook with depth of critism and praise. So please if need be call, write, or email these owners. Let them know what needs to be changed in a calm manor, instead of boycotting these places on a site that is read by newcomers and locals alike. Thankslocal lady

Hi,

You have some good points but how do you know that they did not try and rectify the problem with the owners?

People have a right to their opinions, ok granted most are not food experts but they know what they like and what in general the public likes and have the right to voice that.

May not be on the same lines as a professional food critique but it need not be.

What do you mean what you are looking for? Explain this please. Also, I took the time to read some of your posts and not all of the are in depth or positive either????? Some I could hardly make any sense of but maybe that is just me.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You shouldn't have to tell a restaurant manager what's wrong with their place. They should be on top of things enough to KNOW.

I went to a certain Italian restaurant in St. Mary's :whistle: and, while the food was decent enough, the manager was walking around like she didn't know what to do with herself. Just kind of wandering, ignoring the customers, ignoring the debris at the buffet, ignoring the waitresses chatting in the corner.

This is where the staff gets it from.

When you serve the public, the minute you walk out onto the floor, YOU'RE ON! You're the star, baby - the hostess with the mostest. If you're the boss, you're the fearless leader and you set the tone for what your customers will see.

If the staff is :yawn: and :coffee: people will have a poor experience no matter HOW good the food is. And if you think you're experienced enough to open a restaurant, you should know this without a customer pointing it out to you.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
elaine said:
I wouldn't know. I never ate there. Was that really a restaurant?
They had a few tables you could eat at although the food was always packaged to go.:ohwell: The sub I got was ok. The shocker was that it cost $3.79 for a small side order of pasta salad.:faint:

locallady

work smarter not harder!
Here we go!!!!!

elaine said:
I'm thinking this is probably a local restaurant owner (or relative, freind, etc) that didn't get a very glowing review here on the forums. :lmao:

It would be easy for you to think that I was Linda,donna marie or whoever, but I am just a concerned citizen that lives in Leoardtown. I live above nook and monks and eat there often on only recieved medicore service and food. All I am saying is that with every negative comment you make, remember that there is someone who is working hard to make it right and before you make these comments like, TERRIBLE and YOU SUCK, take in consider the situatuion that you are in a do something about it. You would be surprised what feedback you get. If you look at the resturants on here that are opening and trying to make it. Mama Leones, Linda's, and Rick's Cheesesteaks. These are all local people opening there business without all of the glamour. Trying to provide cost effective meals for the community. The diffrence between nook and monks, clarke's landing, cafe' de artistes, dry dock is that with there higher price tag and lower food cost they are able to make money quicker! These restaurants have also been in business for 5+ years and have had time to work out there difficultys. I have had plenty of bad food at all of these places. But who can afford to eat there everyday? So were in a toss up, when you start opening fast casual restaurants, training is an issue with front and back of the house. Food prep with can be a $5000.00 to $8000.00 inventory on hand, waiting for the next Tom,Dick, or scary Mary to walk out the back door with it.

I guess the point I am trying to make is not to bash the forum for there opinions, but to maybe take a step back and look at how you are viewing the establishment you are in. Hey maybe even set up a thrad for the owners and give constructive critism for the problems you had. I do appreciate the read and I hope all of you understand that it's not about hurting others feeling but helping your community and yourself with much better places to dine.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
locallady said:
take in consider the situatuion that you are in a do something about it. You would be surprised what feedback you get.

What can I do about? Are you suggesting that it's my job, as a customer, to tell them how to do their job? If that's the case, then they shouldn't be in the business.

I have never had a problem pointing out problems to management, but I'm not going to continually spend my money in an establisment that doesn't "fix" their problems.

Feedback? Explain.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
locallady said:
It would be easy for you to think that I was Linda,donna marie or whoever, but I am just a concerned citizen that lives in Leoardtown. I live above nook and monks and eat there often on only recieved medicore service and food. All I am saying is that with every negative comment you make, remember that there is someone who is working hard to make it right and before you make these comments like, TERRIBLE and YOU SUCK, take in consider the situatuion that you are in a do something about it. You would be surprised what feedback you get. If you look at the resturants on here that are opening and trying to make it. Mama Leones, Linda's, and Rick's Cheesesteaks. These are all local people opening there business without all of the glamour. Trying to provide cost effective meals for the community. The diffrence between nook and monks, clarke's landing, cafe' de artistes, dry dock is that with there higher price tag and lower food cost they are able to make money quicker! These restaurants have also been in business for 5+ years and have had time to work out there difficultys. I have had plenty of bad food at all of these places. But who can afford to eat there everyday? So were in a toss up, when you start opening fast casual restaurants, training is an issue with front and back of the house. Food prep with can be a $5000.00 to $8000.00 inventory on hand, waiting for the next Tom,Dick, or scary Mary to walk out the back door with it.

I guess the point I am trying to make is not to bash the forum for there opinions, but to maybe take a step back and look at how you are viewing the establishment you are in. Hey maybe even set up a thrad for the owners and give constructive critism for the problems you had. I do appreciate the read and I hope all of you understand that it's not about hurting others feeling but helping your community and yourself with much better places to dine.

I thought they were closed? :confused:

You mentioned Rick's Cheesesteaks... Rick's wife is a regular poster here and she took the critism from various posts and her and her husband used it to better their establishment. She could have easily taken the :tantrum: and :bawl: route, but she took it for what it was... the opinions of customers.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
locallady said:
Rick's Cheesesteaks.

She's here and she took the criticism with grace. I've never had a problem there although it seemed that many here did.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
locallady said:
If you look at the resturants on here that are opening and trying to make it. Mama Leones, Linda's, and Rick's Cheesesteaks. These are all local people opening there business without all of the glamour. Trying to provide cost effective meals for the community. The diffrence between nook and monks, clarke's landing, cafe' de artistes, dry dock is that with there higher price tag and lower food cost they are able to make money quicker!
You are either one of those "cost-effective meals" people or you don't know a whole lot about the restaurant business.

The higher price tag at better restaurants is because the food costs are higher and the hourly employees make more money. You pull some high school kid in to slap a cheesesteak on the grill for minimum wage. You don't do that at Spinnakers.

The building maintenance itself is higher, and typically the rent is as well. There's no "quick buck" in the restaurant industry, regardless of the type of establishment you run.

Neither here nor there, it's not up to the public to straighten out someone else's business for them. You can complain about a waitress, the food or whatever, but typically the owner already knows this and has decided for one reason or another not to change it.

If there's a waitress with an attitude, the manager has dealt with that attitude FAR more often than any single customer, so they already know she's a rag.

They sit in that place FAR more often than you do, so if there's a bug problem, they already know.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
locallady said:
These are all local people opening there business without all of the glamour. Trying to provide cost effective meals for the community.

I seriously doubt these people are in business to "help" the community. They are in business to make money.

Like others have stated, I'll eat just about anywhere once. What will bring me back is good service, good food and cleanliness.

locallady

work smarter not harder!
kwillia said:
You mentioned Rick's Cheesesteaks... Rick's wife is a regular poster here and she took the critism from various posts and her and her husband used it to better their establishment. She could have easily taken the :tantrum: and :bawl: route, but she took it for what it was... the opinions of customers.

That is my point! But at the same time I remember those post,they were not the kindest of post either.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
locallady said:
That is my point! But at the same time I remember those post,they were not the kindest of post either.

You still haven't responded to my reply. Is it beyond your capabilities?

locallady

work smarter not harder!
vraiblonde said:
You are either one of those "cost-effective meals" people or you don't know a whole lot about the restaurant business.

The higher price tag at better restaurants is because the food costs are higher and the hourly employees make more money. You pull some high school kid in to slap a cheesesteak on the grill for minimum wage. You don't do that at Spinnakers.

The building maintenance itself is higher, and typically the rent is as well. There's no "quick buck" in the restaurant industry, regardless of the type of establishment you run.

Neither here nor there, it's not up to the public to straighten out someone else's business for them. You can complain about a waitress, the food or whatever, but typically the owner already knows this and has decided for one reason or another not to change it.

If there's a waitress with an attitude, the manager has dealt with that attitude FAR more often than any single customer, so they already know she's a rag.

They sit in that place FAR more often than you do, so if there's a bug problem, they already know.

So does your picture describe you! Oh I know more about the business than I care to tell. I have a hand in almost every business in this county and I am making an observation. I enjoy great food,but I do disagree that good food only comes with an expensive price tag. That to me is a sign of an uneducated local that does not get out much except to place that make them FEEL like they have class.

You people are crazy! It is your job to help others. Don't do it for them, JUST LET THEM KNOW! Thats it, don't be snobs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
locallady said:
Cathy's not a baby. She didn't go into business to have her ego stroked, so I doubt the comments made her curl up in a fetal position.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
locallady said:
So does your picture describe you! Oh I know more about the business than I care to tell. I have a hand in almost every business in this county and I am making an observation. I enjoy great food,but I do disagree that good food only comes with an expensive price tag. That to me is a sign of an uneducated local that does not get out much except to place that make them FEEL like they have class.

You people are crazy! It is your job to help others. Don't do it for them, JUST LET THEM KNOW! Thats it, don't be snobs.

TooHot4u? Is that you?