Deer on Route 210 This Morning

onelove6366

Even if the average person is carrying a gun they couldn't shoot it if it was close to a road. And in Maryland, you can't get concealed carry to save your azz so that's out. It's not hunting season so no hunters on the road carrying weapons. Who did you expect to shoot this deer? If you found a criminal type, they'd probably have a gun to shoot it with because they're the only ones in Maryland besides the police that are allowed to have guns. :lol:

Which is a crying shame.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Even if the average person is carrying a gun they couldn't shoot it if it was close to a road. And in Maryland, you can't get concealed carry to save your azz so that's out. It's not hunting season so no hunters on the road carrying weapons. Who did you expect to shoot this deer? If you found a criminal type, they'd probably have a gun to shoot it with because they're the only ones in Maryland besides the police that are allowed to have guns. :lol:

I know..that's kinda my point...because the average person cannot take care of it..they would need help..so it leaves you helpless to watch a poor animal suffer.

TurboK9

HA HA I know that movie but can't remember the name right now!

Evil Dead 2 he has to cut of his own hand because it gets posessed and is trying to kill him... So he modifies a chainsaw to attach it to his stump to kill the zombies with :) Heck he even attached a hook to his shirt to use to grab the starter rope so he could get it rippin'... very well thought out, ROFL!

I'll swallow your soul!!

onelove6366

I liked what he did to the Buick.

They were both great movies and we were watching a black and white movie once about men coming from outer space (it was located in DC as a matter of fact) and the phrase that Bruce couldn't remember in his movies was a "secret" phrase in this movie as well (again - I can't remember the name - goes to show how much TV I really watch).

TurboK9

They were both great movies and we were watching a black and white movie once about men coming from outer space (it was located in DC as a matter of fact) and the phrase that Bruce couldn't remember in his movies was a "secret" phrase in this movie as well (again - I can't remember the name - goes to show how much TV I really watch).

Klaatu barrada nicto.

It's the phrase used to turn off the robot in "The Day The Earth Stood Still". (the original).

L

Libertarian

Have you set up a roadside memorial yet?
:lol: I recall a time on 210 about 20 years ago when a deer was hit, went about 20 feet up into the air, came slamming down on the roadway and then skidded across to the shoulder. Some idiot that was sitting in her car at the intersection came running across the street in an effort to grab the deer as if to comfort it. The deer kicked and nearly kicked her in the face. A police officer showed up and proceeded to get permission from HQ to shoot the deer to put it out of his misery, and she began arguing hysterically with the police officer. I guess she wanted the officer to take the deer to the animal hospital. Anyway, I left...I don't know what happen next.

onelove6366

:lol: I recall a time on 210 about 20 years ago when a deer was hit, went about 20 feet up into the air, came slamming down on the roadway and then skidded across to the shoulder. Some idiot that was sitting in her car at the intersection came running across the street in an effort to grab the deer as if to comfort it. The deer kicked and nearly kicked her in the face. A police officer showed up and proceeded to get permission from HQ to shoot the deer to put it out of his misery, and she began arguing hysterically with the police officer. I guess she wanted the officer to take the deer to the animal hospital. Anyway, I left...I don't know what happen next.

And that is just stupidity -the woman arguing - she could have been killed by the animal!

At least a cop showed UP - and they have to get PERMISSION to put an injured animal out of its' misery? What a ridiculous world we live in. I guess if I were a cop and had to deal with all the illogical rules and regulations that prevent me from doing my job - I'd be even more apathetic then I am now.

Vince

And that is just stupidity -the woman arguing - she could have been killed by the animal!

At least a cop showed UP - and they have to get PERMISSION to put an injured animal out of its' misery? What a ridiculous world we live in. I guess if I were a cop and had to deal with all the illogical rules and regulations that prevent me from doing my job - I'd be even more apathetic then I am now.
I don't think it's so much as permission to kill the deer as it is to fire their weapon to kill a deer. I think they have to account for everytime their weapon is discharged.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I don't think it's so much as permission to kill the deer as it is to fire their weapon to kill a deer. I think they have to account for everytime their weapon is discharged.

I have heard a few calls on the Calvert scanner asking permission to fire their weapon (for deer)

frequentflier

happy to be living
It's still ridiculous no matter how you look at it. They are police officers - they are supposedly trained to be able to make sound judgements of this nature.

Ridiculous? If an officer did not ask/ or tell dispatch that he was going to fire his gun off, can you imagine the time and energy wasted when neighbors start calling in gunshots in the neighborhood emergency calls.
No doubt they are trained, but communication is the key.
Or in some cases, covering his/her a$$!