Deer on Route 210 This Morning

Justme2

what makes you think it is just the P.G. Police. or any other governmetal place that our taxes paid for in the first place they are already paid. They got their money and if by chance you get some single person that does care about the needs that need to be done. They can not get the rest of what ever department to work with them to get the job done.

CraneTaker77

we had three deer run across route 5 right in front of my dads shop at the amish market about two years ago. Two made it across the south bound side,while one did not. Then on the north bound side the other two got hit. One was still alive, and this girl comes up out of a car and runs to the deer holding it, and that thing got right back up, ran back out into traffic, and got hit again. But it was still alive, back on the shoulder it was. So the girl calls the police, and he comes, and he's debating on shooting the deer. He's hoping that it just dies in the next few minutes, just so he doesn't have to fill out paper work on why he discharged his weapon. Well the deer didn't pass on his own, so the cop had to shoot it. He was very reluctant to shoot the thing. The girl was covered in fur and blood and got right in her car like that, she called her dad, and he came and picked up all three deer ,and took them home to clean them. It was all kinda strange to watch. She didn't want the deer to die, but she called her dad to come pick up the carcasses so he could eat them. I guess he didn't want them to go to waste!

NatureCenter

Poor thing. have you tried to call animal control anymore?

I know this thread is old, but PG Animal Control WILL NOT do anything for injured deer. It's wildlife and they don't like dealing with wildlife - only cats/dogs. It is very very rare for them to deal with large wild animals like deer (even small wildlife like squirrels and possums are hardly ever dealt with too). You are better off trying to contact MD Department of Natural Resources (Cedarville State Park is the local office for So. MD if I am not mistaken).. they usually have (or should have) a list of authorized individuals on hand that can be contacted who can deal with wildlife problems.