Democrats and their "one drop" rule

Midnightrider

You destroy a conversation when you assume what I watch to get informed.

If your claim is one's skin color to determine their race, and how they were raised, that throws the whole DNA testing thing out of the water. Do you know how many people thought Colin Powell was African American, simply because of his skin color? Warren still claims she is native American, even though her skin is as white as it gets and her eyes are blue, and she was raised by a white family. She blows all of your so-called 'norms' out of the water. Obama has dark skin. He's half African and half white. Was raised by a white family. What is he... according to your norms?

you better beleive if we had DNA testing 400 years ago the convention would be based on DNA. Since we didn't our cultural norm developed around skin color.

Colin powell is jamacan, correct? how does that not jive with our social norms. people see a black man when they look at colin powel just like they see a black man when they look at obama. :shrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
you better beleive if we had DNA testing 400 years ago the convention would be based on DNA. Since we didn't our cultural norm developed around skin color.

Colin powell is jamacan, correct? how does that not jive with our social norms. people see a black man when they look at colin powel just like they see a black man when they look at obama. :shrug:

Might explain why everyone who looks at Lizzy sees a white woman.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
y

They both came from Kenya originally, so...

PsyOps

Pixelated

It doesn't jive because everyone was calling him an African American.

I thought Dr. MLK Jr got us all away from those norms of judging people by their skin color. You're proof (along with a plethora of other people in this country) that you refuse to see things outside of color.

I don't give one damn what nationality Colin Powell or Liz Warren, or anyone else for that matter. I have, for the majority of my life look at the person. I treat everyone the same. You people that cling on to these so-called "norms" that color defines us destroy everything King died for. It's a damn shame.

Midnightrider

It doesn't jive because everyone was calling him an African American.

I thought Dr. MLK Jr got us all away from those norms of judging people by their skin color. You're proof (along with a plethora of other people in this country) that you refuse to see things outside of color.

:killingme

Nice try, but You couldn’t be more wrong. Where do you get that I refuse to see only a persons color?

don't give one damn what nationality Colin Powell or Liz Warren, or anyone else for that matter. I have, for the majority of my life look at the person. I treat everyone the same. You people that cling on to these so-called "norms" that color defines us destroy everything King died for. It's a damn shame.

Speaking of Powell, wouldn’t AA, as currently used in our country, be accurate if his ancestors are from Africa and he lives in America? Not that it matters.

As for warren, the outrage over her proves what the norm is. If she were even a Little tan her story would be accepted. Since she is very white you, me, v, the Cherokee nation, gilligan and the rest of the USA SEE a white woman.

Now that we have nailed down the cultural convention..... what do you think the minimum fraction of any ‘race’ should be for a person to be able to claim a tie to that heritage?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Speaking of Powell, wouldn’t AA, as currently used in our country, be accurate if his ancestors are from Africa and he lives in America?

Well since the vast majority of Jamaicans are of African descent...it was just a "stop on the way". ;-) There is no such thing as a Jamaican "race"..

Being a person of color, I would have thought you'd know that.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You destroy a conversation when you assume what I watch to get informed.

If your claim is one's skin color to determine their race, and how they were raised, that throws the whole DNA testing thing out of the water. Do you know how many people thought Colin Powell was African American, simply because of his skin color? Warren still claims she is native American, even though her skin is as white as it gets and her eyes are blue, and she was raised by a white family. She blows all of your so-called 'norms' out of the water. Obama has dark skin. He's half African and half white. Was raised by a white family. What is he... according to your norms?

:yay: