Did you know that all kinds of forum posts and threads are being shared routinely on facebook???

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Yes you are. Duh.

No I'm not. I just dish out, at times, some of the most vile, blasphemous and contemptuous, pestiferously written, just a smidgen within community standards, yet well meaning verbiage, against deserving individuals. I'm just misunderstood by some, that is all.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I may ...

No I'm not. I just dish out, at times, some of the most vile, blasphemous and contemptuous, pestiferously written, just a smidgen within community standards, yet well meaning verbiage, against deserving individuals. I'm just misunderstood by some, that is all.

So, you dish out your crap that is well meaning to deserving individuals. So, you determine who is deserving? As far as community standards, vrai and David decide that. You are not misunderstood. We all get you. Did you forget the sarcasm smile, or something? That's all.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I may ...

Well it all. Ugg. I stand corrected, ... again.

No real man says 'ugg'. Just sayin'. So, I am guessing you are a woman.

Also, I, absolutely, have a dog in this fight because you have gone after me with no provocation. And, please stop using...If I may. It is annoying. Many members have said ...no you may not. Is it a mother may I thing, like the childhood game, or what? When you really pissed me off is when you went after seekeroftruth in her Bible study thread. I know her personally; do you?

What I am trying to say in my wordy way is that you can express your point/opinion without being demeaning. That's all.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
You might see a random one here or there, but to see them all you have to Like our page.

I have seen the FB 'like' button at the top of each thread. As long as I remain anonymous, I am ok with that. :lol:

I don't have an FB page, but hub and dot do. I will know from now on to not mention any irl names. :lol:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So, you dish out your crap that is well meaning to deserving individuals. Yes, that is correct. Well meaning vile, blasphemous and contemptuous, pestiferously written crap.
So, you determine who is deserving? Yes, that is correct.
As far as community standards, vrai and David decide that. Yes, that is correct. The two most veracious defenders of the first amendment I've ever known. All other media should take note of their example.
You are not misunderstood. You obviously misunderstand me.
We all get you. So what's the problem then?
Did you forget the sarcasm smile, or something? Ahh, nope.
That's all. Whew, thank goodness.

ginwoman

You might see a random one here or there, but to see them all you have to Like our page.

What kind of stuff off our site is shared on facebook? I just don't think anyone on facebook that likes your page should be able to view or share in the forum.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

No real man says 'ugg'. Just sayin'. Yes, yes they do. Said at the same time as we slap our forehead when we see your posts.
So, I am guessing you are a woman. Is that a question, a statement, or opinion?
Also, I, absolutely, have a dog in this fight because you have gone after me with no provocation. Not really. First off, if you remember, you came after me. You opened that door.
And, please stop using...If I may. It is annoying. If I may ... no, not gonna happen.
Many members have said ...no you may not. As is their right.
Is it a mother may I thing, like the childhood game, or what? It's been explained on others posts. Look it up.
When you really pissed me off is when you went after seekeroftruth in her Bible study thread. I know her personally; do you? Better pissed of than pissed on. Yes, I do know her.
What I am trying to say in my wordy way is that you can express your point/opinion without being demeaning. That's all. I express my point and opinions all the time without being demeaning. But there are those that need a real good written bitch slapping from time to time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What kind of stuff off our site is shared on facebook? I just don't think anyone on facebook that likes your page should be able to view or share in the forum.

It's a feed. Popular forum topics get cross posted on FB - not the whole thread, just the subject line and first post. The idea is that someone will see it, be interested, and come over to participate.

This forum is on the internet. It's not members only, it's open to the whole world to read. It always has been. You have to register to post, but reading has never required registration. I'm not sure what the problem is or why this would surprise anyone.

terbear1225

It's a feed. Popular forum topics get cross posted on FB - not the whole thread, just the subject line and first post. The idea is that someone will see it, be interested, and come over to participate.

This forum is on the internet. It's not members only, it's open to the whole world to read. It always has been. You have to register to post, but reading has never required registration. I'm not sure what the problem is or why this would surprise anyone.

I found it surprising simply because I never really thought about it. Frankly, I didn't even know there are a facebook page, guess I should pay more attention, huh? Now that I'm aware, it makes sense, just hadn't considered it so was surprised. I woulnd't consider it a problem though.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Is there some sort of disclaimer stating information on this forum could be shared to other social media? I did a little search and can't find it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think people do forget that this forum is on the internet - not sure why. It's not so bad lately, but in the past I spent a lot of time deleting posts and reminding people who posted personal information, such as their home address or phone number. One gal posted her credit card information.

:doh:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think people do forget that this forum is on the internet - not sure why. It's not so bad lately, but in the past I spent a lot of time deleting posts and reminding people who posted personal information, such as their home address or phone number. One gal posted her credit card information.

:doh:

It didn't occur to me, until recently, that the site is unsecure. But I still keep coming back :crazy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is there some sort of disclaimer stating information on this forum could be shared to other social media? I did a little search and can't find it.

Why would we need a disclaimer? It's on the internet. What would the disclaimer say? "Posts that you make on the internet will be available on the internet"?

Threads get picked up by Google and other search engines as well. Always have. A lot of current participants, that's how they found us in the first place: they did a search for something, a thread on here came up in their results, they registered, and have been posting ever since.

It's not like your post is linked to your personal social media account or identifies you in any way other than how you've already identified yourself on here. I don't understand the concern.