Diminishing Biden

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But Special Counsel Robert Hur seemed to give him a pass, weighing his age and issues heavily, saying he was an "elderly man with a poor memory." [emphasis added]

"Mr. Biden's memory was significantly limited, both during his recorded interviews with the ghostwriter in 2017, and in his interview with our office in 2023

Given that, Hur wasn't sure he could prove the mental state of willfulness to get a conviction.

Our sister site Townhall's Matt Vespa observed the reaction of Donald Trump Jr. He said it for all of us: how could Biden get a pass because of his incapacity, yet he's running and asking us to vote for him, for four more years, to be the leader of the free world with his hands on the nuclear codes. This is the guy who is going to be getting the 3 a.m. call?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden ‘willfully’ kept classified materials, had ‘poor memory’: Special counsel

• The special counsel investigating President Joe Biden over his handling of classified documents released his final report.
  • Biden “willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency,” Department of Justice special counsel Robert Hur wrote.
  • The report comes nearly 13 months after Attorney General Merrick Garland picked Robert Hur as special counsel to handle the probe.
  • Former President Donald Trump is criminally charged with retaining classified documents after leaving the White House and concealing them from the government.

President Joe Biden “willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency,” Department of Justice special counsel said in a report released Thursday.

But special counsel Robert Hur also said that he would not criminally prosecute Biden for his handling of that material.

The FBI found classified documents, which by law should have been given back to the U.S. government when Biden ended his second term as vice president in January 2017, in the garage, office, and basement den of his Wilmington, Delaware, home, Hur’s report said.

The documents included classified material about military and foreign policy in Afghanistan, and notebooks containing Biden’s entries about national security.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

GOP Rep. Tenney calls to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Biden from office after 'alarming' Hur report

EXCLUSIVE: Republican Rep. Claudia Tenney is calling for the Cabinet to "explore" the use of the Constitution’s 25th Amendment to remove President Biden from office, following Special Counsel Robert Hur’s "alarming" report.

Hur did not recommend criminal charges against the president for mishandling classified documents. Those records included classified documents about military and foreign policy in Afghanistan, among other records related to national security and foreign policy which Hur said implicated "sensitive intelligence sources and methods."

Hur, though, described Biden as a "sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory." Hur, throughout the more than 300-page report, said "it would be difficult to convince a jury that they should convict him" of a serious felony "that requires a mental state of willfulness," and said he would be "well into his eighties."

Fox News Digital obtained a letter Tenney, R-N.Y., sent to Attorney General Garland Thursday night, sharing her "grave concerns" following the report.

"After concluding that President Biden knowingly and willfully removed, mishandled, and disclosed classified documents repeatedly over a period of decades, Mr. Hur nevertheless recommended that charges not be brought against him," Tenney wrote. "Special Counsel's reasoning was alarming."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Twilight of Joe Biden

The report of the special prosecutor issued this afternoon effectively said Biden was guilty of willfully mishandling classified documents—but that he could not be successfully prosecuted (and would not be until he was out of office anyway) because he is a nice senile old man and no jury would convict him.

Democrats and others expressed outrage at the way special prosecutor Robert Hur chose to explain this decision—but what else exactly was Hur supposed to say? He had to produce a report. He had to lay out why he wasn’t going to try to bring a case against Biden. He did. What he said was that Biden had sat for an interview with his team and that the president’s memory was so poor and his capacity for recollection so feeble he came across as non compos mentis.

Joe Biden erupted in outrage that the special prosecutor actually mentioned he was unable to recall the year of his son Beau’s death. “How dare he?” Biden said at his nightmarish appearance before the press in the White House. But Hur dared say it because he was trying to explain, in a report he was obliged to file under law, why he was letting Biden off the hook.

Fifteen seconds after he expressed his anger, Biden couldn’t remember the name of the parish where his late son Beau had gotten the rosary Biden now carries with him. Ten minutes after that, Biden said that the president of Mexico had closed the crossing to Gaza. “My memory is fine,” he had barked at a reporter earlier. Oh, sure.

Now, Donald Trump will not be able to argue successfully in federal court that the case against him should be dropped because he is being prosecuted for exactly the same offense Biden will not face legal sanction for. These are separate cases, and it’s also true that Biden didn’t seek to hide documents while Trump did.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden's White House Address Was an Unmitigated Disaster

As is obvious to everyone who watched it, President Joe Biden's impromptu address to the nation Thursday night was an unmitigated disaster. He was late (as usual), immediately lied about what Special Counsel Robert Hur's report found, exhibited memory issues, indignantly responded to press questions, looked like a deer in headlights when the cacophony of press questions got a little loud, and confused Egypt and Mexico when answering a question about Gaza.

The only people disagreeing with this so far is CNN's Van Jones, who told Anderson Cooper that "This was not Joe Biden at his best" before pivoting to rant about Donald Trump, and any potential Democrat challengers.

SamSpade

This is spot on - or - it's the WEAKEST defense of Biden imaginable.

Think of this - the border situation - according to the Biden administration - for the last three years was handled - closed - not a crisis - NOT a problem - in fact, it was cyclical - comparable to Trump - being overblown by the right wing media - etc. Despite the clear evidence in front of us - not a problem.

THEN - when it was inescapably obvious across the country - it not only became a DIRE problem, but one that somehow, the REPUBLICANS created and plan to keep going because of politics and election concerns. Yep. That's the argument. WAS NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL. THEN, all of a sudden, it was a national emergency that could only be ameliorated by a rushed through bill compromised in secret and needed a vote right away.

What a load of crap.

So we have the SAME THING - years of braying about how the President is actually of sound mind, is not running from reporters, they are not shielding him, he's very busy etc - and a special counsel wants him to go scot-free for documents he NEVER POSSESSED THE RIGHT TO HAVE and had them strewn everywhere in a garage accessible by many people --

Because he's a frail, feeble old man who can't remember anything.

THEN WHY IS HE **PRESIDENT**?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden was in a fighting mood for surprise speech – but he didn’t win

Biden answered: “My memory is fine. Take a look at what I’ve done since I’ve become president. None of you thought I could pass any of the things I got passed. How did that happen? I guess I just forgot what was going on.”

But soon things started to go off the rails a bit. From a raucous cacophony of reporters’ voices, one emerged to ask: “Mr President, for months when you were asked about your age, you would respond with the words ‘watch me’. Well, many American people have been watching and they have expressed concerns about your age.”

Biden looked cross again. “That is your judgment!” he said, his voice rising as he pointed an accusing finger. “That is your judgment. That is not the judgment of the press” – presumably he meant to say public.

Biden went on to insist: “I’m the most qualified person in this country to be president of the United States and finish the job I started.”

More questions. More frenetic noise. More grumpy expressions and finger pointing from Biden. “I did not share classified information!” he almost shouted. “Let me answer your question!”

Yeah the accusation against Trump .... bragging about classified documents as if that FORGIVES Biden Stealing Documents from a SCIF

Still, he rounded off with a flourish: “I did not break the law. Period,”

🤣 Bitch Please ....

and started making his way to the exit. The Biden comms team must have been breathing a huge sigh of relief. A fiery riposte to the critics! No major gaffes! Then imagine their dismay (“Keep walking, don’t turn around, oh my god, he’s going back”) as Biden halted, turned and returned to the lectern, unable to resist a question about hostage negotiations in Gaza.

It was then that, having protested his memory is all good and his age is not an issue, that Biden put his foot in it again, mistakenly referring to Egypt’s leader Abdel Fatah al-Sisi as “the president of Mexico”. This followed his assertions that in recent days he met François Mitterrand of France and Helmut Kohl of Germany when both were already dead.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
WAS NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL. THEN, all of a sudden, it was a national emergency that could only be ameliorated by a rushed through bill compromised in secret and needed a vote right away.

A bill laden with cash for Ukraine ..... Joe has the tools he needs, but Joe deleted Trump's success ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) called on members of the Biden administration to “explore” removing President Biden under the 25th Amendment after a special counsel cleared him of any wrongdoing but painted him as an elderly man with a failing memory.

In a letter obtained by The Hill, Tenney wrote to Attorney General Merrick Garland Thursday night to share her “grave concerns.”

“After concluding that President Biden knowingly and willfully removed, mishandled, and disclosed classified documents repeatedly over a period of decades, Mr. Hur nevertheless recommended that charges not be brought against him,” her letter said. “Special Counsel’s reasoning was alarming.”

Special Counsel Robert Hur released his findings Thursday in the case into Biden’s handling of classified materials. Hur’s 388-page report investigated how documents from Biden’s time as vice president ended up at his Wilmington, Del., home and an old office space. Hur determined that he “willfully” retained the documents but didn’t bring forth any charges, describing Biden as an “elderly man with a poor memory.”

Tenney argued that the Department of Justice “cannot ethically” bring charges against former President Trump and decline to bring them against Biden.

She argued that Biden, who is 81, is lacking the ability to execute his responsibilities as president and argued that Hur’s report shows Biden is not competent to stand trial.

CPUSA

Where is SkankyMarxistCunt79 to give her most professional opinion on this subject?
Still sleeping off her NottyHead hangover?

• Haha

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Special Counsel Account of Biden’s Mental Decline Is Frightening

In a stunning section, Hur reveals:

In his interview with our office, Mr. Biden’s memory was worse. He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended (“if it was 2013 – when did I stop being Vice President?”), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began (“in 2009, am I still Vice President?”). He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died. And his memory appeared hazy when describing the Afghanistan debate that was once so important to him. Among other things, he mistakenly said he “had a real difference” of opinion with General Karl Eikenberry, when, in fact, Eikenberry was an ally whom Mr. Biden cited approvingly in his Thanksgiving memo to President Obama.
In a case where the government must prove that Mr. Biden knew he had possession of the classified Afghanistan documents after the vice presidency and chose to keep those documents, knowing he was violating the law, we expect that at trial, his attorneys would emphasize these limitations in his recall.

Too old and senile to prosecute, apparently, and yet Democrats will spend the next year arguing that Biden has the physical stamina and mental acuity to serve another four years as president.

The reality of Biden’s mental decline should be frightening to all Americans, no matter what anybody feels about President Trump. It is recklessly irresponsible for Biden and those surrounding him to allow him to seek reelection, and as they are unlikely to budge, these revelations, backed up by what everybody is witnessing in his public appearances, should trigger serious conversations among Democrats about how to begin the messy process of replacing him as nominee.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Does Biden Even Understand Why He Wasn’t Charged?

Because of his obvious inability to think coherently, Hur wrote that a jury would merely see a “sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” rather than be able to see him as an intentionally bad-acting criminal.

Putting on my public relations hat and warping myself into the White House, I will state clearly and succinctly: the administration would have preferred Biden be charged with a crime it could fight rather than be publicly outed as non compos mentis.

“How do we pull a crooked Biden across the finish line?” is a question his team has prepared for; ‘How do we drag a Biden who has been called a mental basket case by his own Department of Justice across the finish line?” is not.

The same goes for the Praetorian Media, which has steadfastly assured the nation that Joe is hale and hearty and at the top of his game. That becomes more difficult now, though outlets like the AP, which glancingly mentions the issue in paragraph 30 of a 40-graf story, is already trying and NBC is toplining Biden’s own comments about why he was forgetful: he was dealing with Hamas.

Clem72

Now we know why he hadn't met any of Hunter's associates. He doesn't remember meeting them.
Think About It GIF by Identity

BOP

Because of his obvious inability to think coherently, Hur wrote that a jury would merely see a “sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory,” rather than be able to see him as an intentionally bad-acting criminal.
Dan Bongino said 3 years ago, now, that that's exactly the way the left would try to portray him, as some kindly, doddering old grandfather, rather than the evil SOB he really is.

And he was exactly right.

BOP

Does Biden Even Understand Why He Wasn’t Charged?

Putting on my public relations hat and warping myself into the White House, I will state clearly and succinctly: the administration would have preferred Biden be charged with a crime it could fight rather than be publicly outed as non compos mentis.

“How do we pull a crooked Biden across the finish line?” is a question his team has prepared for; ‘How do we drag a Biden who has been called a mental basket case by his own Department of Justice across the finish line?” is not.

The same goes for the Praetorian Media, which has steadfastly assured the nation that Joe is hale and hearty and at the top of his game. That becomes more difficult now, though outlets like the AP, which glancingly mentions the issue in paragraph 30 of a 40-graf story, is already trying and NBC is toplining Biden’s own comments about why he was forgetful: he was dealing with Hamas.
Which name the press had to helpfully remind him of during the presser.

SamSpade

The WH is trying to explain the difference between Trump's and Biden's situation as, Biden was cooperative, Trump wasn't.

Yeah BUT - TRUMP was entitled to these documents - possibly - that's the crux of his argument - - - - but BIDEN WAS NOT IN ANY WAY entitled to them. For ANY position he held - not as Senator, not as VP. It would be the same as if they had been found at MY HOUSE, and I gave them back.

If stolen classified documents had been found IN MY GARAGE, I'd still be prosecuted for having taken them.