Dream Curls

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
If you want some seriously great stuff for peeps who's hair tends to frizz, go to Sally Beauty Supply and pick up Ion Anti-frizz Solutions Heat Protection Straightening Ion Spray. This stuff is by far the BEST straighening product I've ever used to get that silky soft texture when blowing it out. If you have hair that even has the slightest tendency to frizz up, try this stuff. I don't get to Sally's often, so when I do, I stock up and buy a couple bottles of it to keep on hand, in case they ever stop making it. :yay: :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
crabcake said:
If you want some seriously great stuff for peeps who's hair tends to frizz, go to Sally Beauty Supply and pick up Ion Anti-frizz Solutions Heat Protection Straightening Ion Spray. This stuff is by far the BEST straighening product I've ever used to get that silky soft texture when blowing it out. If you have hair that even has the slightest tendency to frizz up, try this stuff. I don't get to Sally's often, so when I do, I stock up and buy a couple bottles of it to keep on hand, in case they ever stop making it. :yay: :yay:
The best straightening product I've ever used is Bumble and Bumble Straight, followed closely by Redken Straight. Meanwhile I've been using Dream Curls for months and like it. Combined with a dab of Dove Mousse it rocks. :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I bought the dream curls stuff a few days ago, and have been using it at night after my evening shower - just to see how I like it. Maybe I'm using too much/not enough, but It definitely makes my hair sticky-like. Oh, and its still frizzy. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
I bought the dream curls stuff a few days ago, and have been using it at night after my evening shower - just to see how I like it. Maybe I'm using too much/not enough, but It definitely makes my hair sticky-like. Oh, and its still frizzy. :ohwell:
Stupid question, but did you shake it up first? I've found that it makes my hair very soft when I let it air dry, and not frizzy at all. :shrug:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Chasey_Lane said:

I can relate! Still trying to find the perfect hair product combination...

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
Stupid question, but did you shake it up first? I've found that it makes my hair very soft when I let it air dry, and not frizzy at all. :shrug:
Yep, I shook it up. My hair is just one big frizzy poof and NOTHING will settle it. Not even Redken. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
Yep, I shook it up. My hair is just one big frizzy poof and NOTHING will settle it. Not even Redken. :ohwell:
:huggy: Have you ever tried Farouk Biosilk? It's like the John Frieda anti-frizz system, but not as heavy. It works really well.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
Yep. I don't like it because it makes my hair look and feel greasy. I'll just continue to use my straight iron. :sigh:
So you need to find a middle ground. :lol: Maybe Redken Ringlet. If you wanted to, next time you get your hair cut you could ask the stylist to style your hair curly using something she recommends. That way you don't have to pay for something that may not work, and you can get a professional opinion. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
So you need to find a middle ground. :lol: Maybe Redken Ringlet. If you wanted to, next time you get your hair cut you could ask the stylist to style your hair curly using something she recommends. That way you don't have to pay for something that may not work, and you can get a professional opinion. :shrug:
I've asked every stylist for rec's and none of them have ever given me anything worth while. I need to hit a celebrity hair stylist if I want something good. :drama: :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pixie, do you use anything before or after the Dream Curls? I only have the use of one arm right now, so my hair is freakin' everywhere. It's out of control! I need to calm it down until I get the use of my arm back. I can't blow dry or use the curling iron. I usually use the JF serum to tame the frizz, just wondering if I should use it with the Dream Curl. HELP!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
elaine said:
Pixie, do you use anything before or after the Dream Curls? I only have the use of one arm right now, so my hair is freakin' everywhere. It's out of control! I need to calm it down until I get the use of my arm back. I can't blow dry or use the curling iron. I usually use the JF serum to tame the frizz, just wondering if I should use it with the Dream Curl. HELP!

I run just a touch of Redken Glass through beforehand. Last time I got my haircut I got Bangs which I'm hating most of the time and putting them to the side. This morning I put a little of my Aussie Dual Personality (I think that's the name) moose/leave in conditioner combo in before the Dream Curls and I'm a little crunchy.

Is the JF serum the really oily type anti-frizz stuff? If so it's probably very similar to the Glass. So I'd say just put a little through your hair just before the Dream Curls.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
pixiegirl said:
Is the JF serum the really oily type anti-frizz stuff? If so it's probably very similar to the Glass. So I'd say just put a little through your hair just before the Dream Curls.

It's just like Glass. Thanks. :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
elaine said:
It's just like Glass. Thanks. :yay:
Neutrogena has a smoothing serum that works pretty good. It's in a clear, small vial, and has a flip-top opening. Redken Satinwear makes hair soft and smooth, but doesn't do much for frizz.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
Neutrogena has a smoothing serum that works pretty good. It's in a clear, small vial, and has a flip-top opening. Redken Satinwear makes hair soft and smooth, but doesn't do much for frizz.

I love the Satinwear for blow drying! But you're right I have to run a little Glass through afterwards to tame the fly aways.

I don't have any frizz, even when I do nothing w/ my hair (weekend at home). But it sure looks gross au-natural! :lmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Dream Curl...pretty good stuff. Better than any of the other scrunchy curl stuff I've used.