Erasing history...

Midnightrider

That is hilarious that you call other members retarded. There are, actually, retarded (as in disability) people in the world, so it is really not that hilarious. First, you need to look in the mirror, and, second, you need to develop better argument skills. You are welcome. :smile:

its called writing to your audience. You and certain others are retards and don't deserve and wouldn't understand anymore than that.
Others who can actually hold a conversation, at least on occasion, get reasoned and thought filled debate

Restitution

Others who can actually hold a conversation, at least on occasion, get reasoned and thought filled debate

When you say "hold" a conversation..... do you mean actually stay on topic too? I ask because, if so, then you would be one of the "retards" that cannot hold a conversation.

Midnightrider

When you say "hold" a conversation..... do you mean actually stay on topic too? I ask because, if so, then you would be one of the "retards" that cannot hold a conversation.

you mean like you have done in this thread? staying on the topic of monuments to white supremacy.....

The point is.... where is the outrage? Where are the movements? Where are the community leaders standing up and saying "We will take action to end this!"

Nowhere to be found! Sure, the news reports this BUT... where is the support from the community to end the violence?

I will tell you where..... NOWHERE! That is because it is an issue that no one will rally around because there is no one to inflame. It is black-on-black crime and there is no evil whitey to point a finger at and demonize.

My point is that social justice can be achieved if you take care of what is in your own house first. Worrying about a statue that should be removed (I agree with it) and ignoring to put focus on what is happening in the likes of Chicago, LA, etc. is just ridiculous.

:killingme

Restitution

you mean like you have done in this thread? staying on the topic of monuments to white supremacy.....

You wouldn't by chance be referring to the last line in my post that you quoted... would ya'? I know it can be hard for people like you to see when someone makes a point but still ties it in to the subject matter. IT's OK though... some have to look a bit harder than others to understand. :poorbaby:

Midnightrider

You wouldn't by chance be referring to the last line in my post that you quoted... would ya'? I know it can be hard for people like you to see when someone makes a point but still ties it in to the subject matter. IT's OK though... some have to look a bit harder than others to understand. :poorbaby:

I am talking about the entire ignorant, distracting from the point, post :yay:

Midnightrider

Oh. You mean the "don't look at the issues which involve admitting that there is a larger systemic problem so lets focus on something else that we can blame others for" post. Gotchya :yay:

how is a monument dedicated to white supremacy on public property related in any way to your larger systemic problem?

be specific and describe how fixing the your larger problem will have any impact whatsoever on the monument to white racism on public land.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
how is a monument dedicated to white supremacy on public property related in any way to your larger systemic problem?

be specific and describe how fixing the your larger problem will have any impact whatsoever on the monument to white racism on public land.

Still obsessively focused on just that one monument and not all the rest of the monuments being removed, buildings and streets being renamed, history books being cleansed.... MyopicRider <----fits you better.

My original post is all about the larger picture...something your tiny mind can't seem to grasp.

Restitution

Maybe this will be specific enough....

If they continue to half-azz their attempts to quell the black-on-black violence that is happening all over (especially in Chicago) then pretty soon there won't be anyone left to pizz and moan about a statue that is harming NO ONE!

So move the damn statue! Grind it up and be done with it! Then what will be the next PETTY cause for "the people?" Lord knows they don't want to deal with REAL problems that force them to blame themselves! :doh:

Midnightrider

Maybe this will be specific enough....

If they continue to half-azz their attempts to quell the black-on-black violence that is happening all over (especially in Chicago) then pretty soon there won't be anyone left to pizz and moan about a statue that is harming NO ONE!

So move the damn statue! Grind it up and be done with it! Then what will be the next PETTY cause for "the people?" Lord knows they don't want to deal with REAL problems that force them to blame themselves! :doh:

yeah, I knew you couldn't connect the dots. Like I said, yours is just a distractions from the actual topic.

Midnightrider

Still obsessively focused on just that one monument and not all the rest of the monuments being removed, buildings and streets being renamed, history books being cleansed.... MyopicRider <----fits you better.

My original post is all about the larger picture...something your tiny mind can't seem to grasp.
bwhahahaha

you are dumb MO. your original post was all of about 5 words, none of them had anything to do with the bigger picture. BTW, the ONE PIECE that was taken down was a monument to white supremacy :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I will as soon as you can explain why the people of NO should keep ANY monument they want to remove.

plus its already been covered in this thread.....

Because these are monuments to American Generals.. and part of the Reconstruction was identifying the fact though enemies through the war they were and are still fellow Americans, that fought bravely and died in service to their county..

These Generals are Americans trained in our Military Academies.. serving in OUR Army.. and are known for their great intelligence and tactical ability.. their knowledge, experience and tactics STILL being taught in our Military Academies, and probably other countries military academies..

These General's fought for their state's rights.. against Federal Power.. as Americans.. Did any one of them get charged with treason or hanged for crimes against their country?? Why not??

They lost, makes them no less a warrior, or no less an American.. tearing down the statues, and denigrating their memory is accomplishing exactly what the erection of these statues was meant to prevent.. further dividing our country, and fracturing our democracy.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

BTW, the ONE PIECE that was taken down was a monument to white supremacy :yay:

Funny thing about White Supremacists... They don't need no stinking monuments to remember their status. They just but look to places like Baltimore, Chicago, Congress, (think Maxine), Washington DC, seeing a picture of Obama, etc to be reminded. You loose ass wipe.

Midnightrider

Because these are monuments to American Generals.. and part of the Reconstruction was identifying the fact though enemies through the war they were and are still fellow Americans, that fought bravely and died in service to their county..

These Generals are Americans trained in our Military Academies.. serving in OUR Army.. and are known for their great intelligence and tactical ability.. their knowledge, experience and tactics STILL being taught in our Military Academies, and probably other countries military academies..

These General's fought for their state's rights.. against Federal Power.. as Americans.. Did any one of them get charged with treason or hanged for crimes against their country?? Why not??

They lost, makes them no less a warrior, or no less an American.. tearing down the statues, and denigrating their memory is accomplishing exactly what the erection of these statues was meant to prevent.. further dividing our country, and fracturing our democracy.
you obviously don't know why those particular monuments were erected. Read up on it. Start with the liberty monument. If you can tell me the general it is for I will give you a quarter :yay: