Erasing history...

Hijinx

Then Peace Cross in Bladensburg....
https://thehumanist.com/news/national/why-we-sued-the-city-of-bladensburg-over-a-40-foot-cross

Or the Confederate Cemetery in Pt. Lookout where thousands died from being treated worse than the slaves of the South

Hard to remove that cemetery at Point Lookout, but they already do not allow any Confederate flags at it. That is what is so great about the Private Confederate Park down the road from it. I suppose that is what should be done with the statues. Find a private place to put them. Perhaps the folks who run the park at Point Lookout should look into getting them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
god damn you are stupid, and it looks like I broke your dumb ass again

Your self delusion is still quite intact, I see, Mo. So, for the third time, which of those three statues has the inscriptions that so offend your snowflake little a$$?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I see your debating skills have not improved in 13 years.....maybe you should have taken a class......just sayin'

Shh. I like the old moron just the way he is.. a fool and an easy mark. I get bored...push a couple buttons and "Voom!"..he's launched. He couldn't debate his sorry butt out of a wet paper bag, but he is game. ;-)

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm at a point where I just don't care what they do with these memorials and such, anymore. If the people in those districts can't vote people in to stop it, then why should I care way up here in little ol MD?

Now, when folks start telling me that the American Flag is offensive and racist, then I know we're dealing with some cupcakes that border on insanity.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm at a point where I just don't care what they do with these memorials and such, anymore.

I'm too quickly reminded of the incredibly extensive and pervasive erasures and modifications of history that the Soviets did. To just ignore it....I can't.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I say let's get rid of all that black history stuff. Places like Sotterley should be torn down and developed into a fine waterfront district. Repurpose that new African museum downtown into something else. Any and all statues referencing black people, no matter their contribution, has to be removed. Martin Luther, you're outta here. Black history month must be abolished, just as slavery was, to the dust bin of history. Harriet Tubman? A rabble-rouser. Remove those underground railroad signs. Only when we turn around and apply the same tactics to the so called oppressed, will we get back to some semblance of equality.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm too quickly reminded of the incredibly extensive and pervasive erasures and modifications of history that the Soviets did. To just ignore it....I can't.

Come on, what can you really do about it? The people of these districts have to want this to stop. Apparently they don't.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's fun watching the idiot bigots of somd.com rallying to defend a monument to white supremacy. You guys rock

What do you really expect to be the end result of all of this - the removal of this Confederate stuff? Do you expect those who are racist will suddenly stop being racist? Or is it strictly rooted in removing things that offend certain people? As I posted, there are those that are offended by the American flag. It stands as a symbol of racism to some. Should that be next?

And why now? These monuments and other figures have stood for decades. Why are these things all of the sudden a problem?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Ya jus' cannot reason with someone when he's been well hydrated.

Midnight lunch.jpg

Hijinx

What do you really expect to be the end result of all of this - the removal of this Confederate stuff? Do you expect those who are racist will suddenly stop being racist? Or is it strictly rooted in removing things that offend certain people? As I posted, there are those that are offended by the American flag. It stands as a symbol of racism to some. Should that be next?

And why now? These monuments and other figures have stood for decades. Why are these things all of the sudden a problem?

Why now? They just lost the most racist divisive President to ever sit in the Oval Office.
Payback.

tommyjo

Your typically inane comments have nothing to do with NO, the statues, the Soviet or any modifications of history (that last part is hilarious given your personal daily assault on actual recent history)...

This is all about your granpappy...just like your idiotic defense of the confederate flag flying over public grounds in SC.

If the people in NO want to remove the statues that's their prerogative, there is no electoral college that allows the minority to rule in such issues. Your comment that "many" people support the statues is irrelevant (as much of your commentary is).

Removing statues does not erase history you moron...only simple minded folks like yourself will think that.

Oh and since you haven't yet figured this out...history and the view of historical events is in a constant state of change.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Removing statues does not erase history you moron...

You poor simple-minded sap.

So yr good with all those massive monuments that the Taliban and ISIS destroyed too, I take it? Gotcha. You are a special kind of freak, so I'm not surprised.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You poor simple-minded sap.

So yr good with all those massive monuments that the Taliban and ISIS destroyed too, I take it? Gotcha. You are a special kind of freak, so I'm not surprised.

I was wondering if anyone was gonna #### up and try that one.

There is all the difference in the world between a democracy choosing to remove historical public statues, peacefully, and a tyrannical fundamentalism destroying it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There is all the difference in the world between a democracy choosing to remove historical public statues,

What a crock. That's not even remotely accurate. I'll go with the tyrannical fundamentalism (or extreme progressive PC..same thing) for $100, Alex.

Midnightrider

I was wondering if anyone was gonna #### up and try that one.

There is all the difference in the world between a democracy choosing to remove historical public statues, peacefully, and a tyrannical fundamentalism destroying it.

bigots defending bigotry aren't logical larry

What a crock. That's not even remotely accurate. I'll go with the tyrannical fundamentalism (or extreme progressive PC..same thing) for $100, Alex.
you need a dictionary and a history lesson