EVO X......the beast is coming!

smoothmarine187

CrashTest said:
300HP??? Weren't the 8's like yours rated at 283HP?? Doesn't seem like much of a leap.

I'm pretty dissapointed in those numbers also......but it does say 300+....so I'm hoping that it will be alot more. You would think that they would want to be able to go against the GTR with 450 horsepower, and all of the other performance cars that are all high horsepower.

pingrr

chess said:
you can upgrade the evo, and i have seen plenty of cars that run way faster than bikes at the track....

there is a video on top gear of the evo out dueling a ferrari.... let alone thats impressive....

bikes are over rated IMO

You must be crazy. Bikes are much fatter than cars.

For example a stock CBR 600 runs the following
1/4 10.77
0-60 2.9 seconds.

You can buy a new R1 for around 12K that does

9.77 @ 147 with a 2.6 0-60

these are all stock bikes granted you need a very good rider to run times like that. Tell me what cars can put down similar times and remain streetable.

Here is a link to all the 1/4 times you could ask for curtacy of Sport Rider http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street_bike_performance_times/

Last edited:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
pingrr said:
You must be crazy. Bikes are much fatter than cars.

For example a stock CBR 600 runs the following
1/4 10.77
0-60 2.9 seconds.

You can buy a new R1 that does

9.77 @ 147 with a 2.6 0-60

these are all stock bikes granted you need a very good rider to run times like that. Tell me what cars can put down similar times and remain streetable.

Here is a link to all the 1/4 times you could ask for curtacy of Sport Rider http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street_bike_performance_times/
I knew I wasn't crazy.

pingrr

smoothmarine187 said:
I'm pretty dissapointed in those numbers also......but it does say 300+....so I'm hoping that it will be alot more. You would think that they would want to be able to go against the GTR with 450 horsepower, and all of the other performance cars that are all high horsepower.

I wouldn't think they would want to go against a GTR. It doesn't really seam possible for a 35K car to be compentative with a 75K car.

I would goess that the if they say 300+ that would be around 300-320hp. If it was much more they would say 325+ or somthing like that.

smoothmarine187

pingrr said:
I wouldn't think they would want to go against a GTR. It doesn't really seam possible for a 35K car to be compentative with a 75K car.

I would goess that the if they say 300+ that would be around 300-320hp. If it was much more they would say 325+ or somthing like that.

Yeah, I would imagine it will be right around 320. I think the price range will be around 40+ because of all the added features that it will have. The last price I saw on the GTR was 55+

Floyd2004

-Void-
smoothmarine187 said:
Does he call you over to help him out with women as much as he does his car?

HAHA :lmao:

Im the resident SOMDracing Mechanic I guess... Ive worked on quite a few cars I guess

smoothmarine187

Floyd2004 said:
HAHA :lmao:

Im the resident SOMDracing Mechanic I guess... Ive worked on quite a few cars I guess

thats a lot of guessing....I hope you don't do that much guess work on cars..........lol

C

chess

smoothmarine187 said:
Does he call you over to help him out with women as much as he does his car?

haha he would need it...

floyd knows alot about neons but not my turbo expertise :)

yes he does know his #### tho i will give him that....

Floyd2004

-Void-
chess said:
haha he would need it...

Floyd knows alot about neons but not my turbo expertise :)

yes he does know his #### tho i will give him that....

I dont need any help when it comes to Gal's ;)

Dam# straight i know my stuff!

CrashTest

Floyd2004 said:
I dont need any help when it comes to Gal's ;)

Dam# straight i know my stuff!

Don't make the same mistake others have.

In other words, just because you help a girl work on her car, doesn't mean you're gonna get in her pants.

(No charge for the wisdom of an old fart.)

Floyd2004

-Void-
CrashTest said:

In other words, just because you help a girl work on her car, doesn't mean you're gonna get in her pants.

HAHA, No worries here.

Now Chess on the other hand.... :lmao:

C

chess

CrashTest said:

your wrong about that crash... ;)

C

chess

CrashTest said:
Swatsniper doesn't count.

him and big poppa are boys... he has his rims, and who knows what else...

dont be mad cuz u got a lap dance from burkes momma... hater

R

RadioPatrol

Speaking of fast - I read in Hot VW's and Dune Buggies in the 90's about a guy who built a 400 + hp Karman Giha with a Holly 650 and a Fat Turbo - supposedly would chase down GSX? bikes - who knows, I just wondered what a 400 hp vw would really be like Aww S*** were gonna die - like how do you stop it with drum brakes - disc kits were not all the rage yet ..... it did look nice though - I'd Rather build my own fast ride than by someone else's , warranty or no ...