Failing Kindergarten in less than 2 months

black dog

Free America
Education at Home is always a big plus. I had the benefit of a mother who was an actual teacher. She taught me to read and write before I went to school. I’m guessing most of it came straight from her planner.

With a December birthday, I got put into school straight into first grade.
I got the extra Mississippi chromosome, I'm still behind.
Thanks Mom, I guess

black dog

Free America
She is totally fine in public. Sweet and polite. Parents got divorced years ago. She probably doesn't even remember them living together. This is his 2nd wife but he now has a 3rd divorce under his belt. All 3 women were nutjobs. #1 left him and their two toddlers because she wanted her freedom. #2 is 20 years younger than him
I would take that its a huge lack of parenting and nothing more.
I find it funny when I'm out in public and someones kid starts acting up near me, and I snap my fingers to get their attention and stare at them. They straiten right up.

black dog

Free America
She is totally fine in public. Sweet and polite. Parents got divorced years ago. She probably doesn't even remember them living together. This is his 2nd wife but he now has a 3rd divorce under his belt. All 3 women were nutjobs. #1 left him and their two toddlers because she wanted her freedom. #2 is 20 years younger than him
Is his name Ralph Gilligan I mean Kyle?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This gets crazier and crazier to keep straight, sorry. I was gone all day and trying to catch back up.

Lack of parenting, parents not on the same page, acting out due to the parents not being together,divorced, etc. is all part of this equation, I'd guess.

I was divorced and my EX did not choose to be that involved - he even agreed to my moving from FL to Maryland. (of course, he wanted to be "non-involved" and that was the perfect way for him to do so). It was actually much EASIER raising the boys without him. I made the rules and they followed them. Period. They went thru their trials and tribulations and my oldest HAS developmental issues (had them already) so I know how hard it can be. I did it alone, and it was shitty sometimes, but probably better in the long run than not having someone on the same page. :yay:

black dog

Free America
This gets crazier and crazier to keep straight, sorry. I was gone all day and trying to catch back up.

Lack of parenting, parents not on the same page, acting out due to the parents not being together,divorced, etc. is all part of this equation, I'd guess.

I was divorced and my EX did not choose to be that involved - he even agreed to my moving from FL to Maryland. (of course, he wanted to be "non-involved" and that was the perfect way for him to do so). It was actually much EASIER raising the boys without him. I made the rules and they followed them. Period. They went thru their trials and tribulations and my oldest HAS developmental issues (had them already) so I know how hard it can be. I did it alone, and it was shitty sometimes, but probably better in the long run than not having someone on the same page. :yay:
Its better to come from a ****ed up home, then live in one.

SamSpade

Two months does seem kind of early - at that age, lots of maturity happens in a very short time.

My son - who is cognitively disabled - failed kindergarten, or rather, repeated it because he was not fully potty trained.
My youngest - who is from China - failed pre-school or rather, repeated it - because her English wasn't advanced enough to understand most instruction.

I can see lots of reasons why a child might not be ready to advance. A kid who shows obvious social/mental/emotional/behavioral issues might be a concern. A kid who is excessively violent and they can be that way, at that age. Daily tantrums. Lots of pouting and crying.

Two months does seem a bit early, though.