Favorite inspirational movie

mamatutu

mama to two
Regarding Henry. Just watched it after many years. I think it fits in the inspirational movie category.

littlelady

God bless the USA
We just watched Fly Away Home. Have seen it before. Based on a true story. Inspiration, to say the least! Heartwarming in our times of trouble, and I like the familiarity of it because we live in the area where geese migrate. Love it! Yes, I cried.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We were soldiers once... and young

For many reasons, but mostly my Dad was 1st Cav.. Field Artillery.. if you read the book one survivor wanders the jungle until he finds his way back to a firebase.. his home base was probably 50 miles away, but he found and walked to a forward firebase.

In the case of the 1st Cavalry strategy and deployment of support units changed drastically. For example: Helicopters can pick you up and deploy you 100 150 miles forward.. about 130 miles beyond your supporting fires.

So, to not leave your infantry vulnerable artillery had to deploy more forward, in the fight if you were.

Prior to an infantry advance they'd go out and cut a new firebase in the jungle, and they could be remote, even in places they weren't supposed to be.

I'd love to have my dad watch the movie and give his feedback, but he never will, and I'll never ask.

After watching Apocalypse Now (1st Cavalry again) I did talk to him about a few scenes... which were close to reality but not as bad as reality.