FDR Boulevard Extension Set To Open

Goldenhawk

...because you KNOW that for the first month a bazillion people will ignore the "Local traffic only" sign and flood the neighborhood, then the police will be forced to start attacking the problem with patrol cars and writing hundreds of warnings until people finally figure that they mean it, thus taking patrols away from 235's daily chaos, letting the OTHER side-road-running activities ramp up again (Town Creek and Chipotle and Olive Garden etc.), ensuring several more months of chaos.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Not sure why it takes so long to put a road in.

11.jpg

FED_UP

:jameo:
see :razz:

I did call the dept of public works and transportation. They assured me there would be adequate signage posted.

I'm happy to report that they have: There's a large electronic road sign off the exit of the round-a-bout for FDR stating "LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY" and something else, I can't remember. It's not what I would have requested, nor as to the point and in language that I'd prefer :lol: but it'll do. Our road in is so ugly and disheveled right now, what's a ginormous blinking road sign gonna do :shrug: I still encountered a couple nosy nellies perusing the neighborhood, but hopefully people will get the drift "Local Traffic Only" translates to FDR is STILL not finished, this is not a thruway YET, perhaps check back in 3 years.

I have to wait 3 years to go down that road again, :shocking:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
...because you KNOW that for the first month a bazillion people will ignore the "Local traffic only" sign and flood the neighborhood, then the police will be forced to start attacking the problem with patrol cars and writing hundreds of warnings until people finally figure that they mean it, thus taking patrols away from 235's daily chaos, letting the OTHER side-road-running activities ramp up again (Town Creek and Chipotle and Olive Garden etc.), ensuring several more months of chaos.

That's my qualm. Our hood was virutally unknown of before FDR. It was nicely tucked away and kids had the run of the place with no worries. Since they cleared the trees last year for section 1C we've steadily seen an increase to break ins, more so recently since it's really clear now as they prep to pave. That alone is unfortunate, so I'm not looking forward to more people driving through. To me that just equates to more speeders, and kids running around playing + speeding cars where there never used to be is never a great equation.

Granted, our HOA knew all along FDR was coming and they placed the playground almost directly next to where the next round-a-bout intersection will go vs. in the back of the neighborhood :doh:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's my qualm. Our hood was virutally unknown of before FDR. It was nicely tucked away and kids had the run of the place with no worries. Since they cleared the trees last year for section 1C we've steadily seen an increase to break ins, more so recently since it's really clear now as they prep to pave. That alone is unfortunate, so I'm not looking forward to more people driving through. To me that just equates to more speeders, and kids running around playing + speeding cars where there never used to be is never a great equation.

Granted, our HOA knew all along FDR was coming and they placed the playground almost directly next to where the next round-a-bout intersection will go vs. in the back of the neighborhood :doh:

When you bought your home, was it disclosed that FDR was going to be put through the neighborhood? I ask because a friend of mine owns a home there and she was never made aware of it. Her back yard is now backed up against the new road.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
When you bought your home, was it disclosed that FDR was going to be put through the neighborhood? I ask because a friend of mine owns a home there and she was never made aware of it. Her back yard is now backed up against the new road.

My husband bought it when it was first built, 2011? I moved in about 3 years ago. He says he was made aware of FDR when he started to seriously look in that neighborhood. We will eventually sell, hopefully sooner than later, but FDR definitely decreased the value of all the homes in that neighborhood. Many people are finding it hard to sell and we are surrounded by renters.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My husband bought it when it was first built, 2011? I moved in about 3 years ago. He says he was made aware of FDR when he started to seriously look in that neighborhood. We will eventually sell, hopefully sooner than later, but FDR definitely decreased the value of all the homes in that neighborhood. Many people are finding it hard to sell and we are surrounded by renters.

That sucks. It reminds me of when Chancellor's Run was widened. Many lost a good portion of their front yards. I was very particular when I bought my house. No neighborhoods or HOAs.

glhs837

Power with Control
That sucks. It reminds me of when Chancellor's Run was widened. Many lost a good portion of their front yards. I was very particular when I bought my house. No neighborhoods or HOAs.

I came out of that pretty well. They bought in about 20 feet from road. But the key was that the last ten feet were useless anyway as it was a pretty step ditch that was a pain to mow, and always collected trash. After the project was done, my usable yard was actually wider since it goes right to the sidewalk, which coming in off the road is only about six feet.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I came out of that pretty well. They bought in about 20 feet from road. But the key was that the last ten feet were useless anyway as it was a pretty step ditch that was a pain to mow, and always collected trash. After the project was done, my usable yard was actually wider since it goes right to the sidewalk, which coming in off the road is only about six feet.

You lucked out. :yay:

Clem72

[...] then the police will be forced to start attacking the problem with patrol cars and writing hundreds of warnings until people finally figure that they mean it [..].

Warnings for driving on public roads? Or are you assuming they will all be speeding or committing other infractions?

lucky_bee

RBF expert

He has thoroughly learned his lesson here :lol: It was his first time purchasing a home, and had previously only lived in base housing wherever he was stationed. Me, I've been plotting our way out of this house and neighborhod since I got there :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
He has thoroughly learned his lesson here :lol: It was his first time purchasing a home, and had previously only lived in base housing wherever he was stationed. Me, I've been plotting our way out of this house and neighborhod since I got there :lmao:

This is my second house. Last one was close to a busy road. No issue in the beginning, but 4 years later when the baby came along, we were very diligent. This time around, I am way back off the road. :lol:

FED_UP

This is my second house. Last one was close to a busy road. No issue in the beginning, but 4 years later when the baby came along, we were very diligent. This time around, I am way back off the road. :lol:

How did the baby get there? :love: