Food Network

lam2

tickled~pink
I like Unwrapped and Everyday Italian (Just because the food looks yummy), I can't stand that one thats called the Secret Life Of.... the guy that hosts it gets on my last nerve he's such a dork.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Who is your favorite?

I love Tyler Florence, Dave Lieberman and Rachael Ray. I'm into normal cooking, not finchy food with too many things going on. Sandra Lee annoys me because I'm always like, why did you get that pre-made when it takes 5 seconds to do it from scratch?

Paula Deen aggravates me with her constant "ya'll"s and Bobby Flay is best when he's throwing down and not being some Iron Chef. Emeril never makes anything I would eat, hardly, and Giada is the same way.

My favorite show is probably Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives, or Ace of Cakes.

(Sorry, people - this is what I watch, along with Fox News :lol:)
I don't think he's on Food Network, but I do watch Take Home Chef. I love Rachel Ray the mostest though probably.

mommarock

Who is your favorite?

I love Tyler Florence, Dave Lieberman and Rachael Ray. I'm into normal cooking, not finchy food with too many things going on. Sandra Lee annoys me because I'm always like, why did you get that pre-made when it takes 5 seconds to do it from scratch?

Paula Deen aggravates me with her constant "ya'll"s and Bobby Flay is best when he's throwing down and not being some Iron Chef. Emeril never makes anything I would eat, hardly, and Giada is the same way.

My favorite show is probably Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives, or Ace of Cakes.

(Sorry, people - this is what I watch, along with Fox News :lol:)

:yeahthat: Are you stalking me??? That sounds just like me!:lmao:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I love Rachel Ray's recipes, but I hate to watch her on tv. She flails her arms up, down, around, and backwards all of the time (especially in her opening monologue), and I find the arms'-a-flying to be really distracting.

But my favorite Food Network "celebrity" by far is Alton Brown. I especially like his explanations of why things happen....how certain ingredients react with one another.....how proteins break down, and I absolutely love the Food Anthropologist he has on. It's like a chemistry lesson, a history lesson AND food all rolled in to one!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
What channel is the Food Network? Is it on regular cable or just Direct TV. We have regular cable at work.

Gwydion

Diners Drive-ins and Digs is a great show. Even though they do't show recipes and what-not, you can still see how they are making their disgustingly delicious food. I made one of those...so much cheese that you have to put a pot over top of it cheeseburgers I saw on there. It was awesome!

Ace of Cakes is a great show too. My fiance actually was on a flight home from Las Vegas a few months ago and Duff was on it. She got a picture with him and he said we should "hit him up" for our wedding cake.

I can't stand Rachel Ray. I used to like her, but when she started eating everything she made, I stopped watching the show.

Cowgirl

I love Rachel Ray's recipes, but I hate to watch her on tv. She flails her arms up, down, around, and backwards all of the time (especially in her opening monologue), and I find the arms'-a-flying to be really distracting.

I agree...I can't stand watching her! I hate all her little "EVOO" and Yum-O crappola. :rolleyes: She used to be fine, but when she started getting more popular, she really started acting loopy.

I love love love Alton Brown!! He's my favorite probably. I also like Bobby Flay (mostly in Throw Down), Tyler Florence, and Unwrapped with Mark Summers (or Somers, whichever it is).

Giada is OK, but I agree with Kwill...she looks like a bobble-head. Nickel, you're right too...her random Italian irks me. She moved from Italy when she was 5. :rolleyes: :lol:

Ina Garten is ok, but she's too pretentious. Sandra Dee is as well....with all her stupid tablescapes. Ugh. :lol:

I can't take Emeril either. I just don't see myself ever cooking what he does.

But I like Paula Dean! Not Paula's Parties, just her regular cooking show. She reminds me of the grandma I never had. BF hates her accent though. I always tease him......she calls shrimp "shree-ump." :lol:

I'm excited about all their Thanksgiving and holiday specials though! :dance:

And I love catching those contests they have...like best cake, or sugar sculptures.....they're great!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I love Alton Brown - which is good since he hosts almost every show on Food Network. :lmao:

Giada freaks me out - I was discussing this the other day. I said there is something not quite right about her, but now I know - she's a bobblehead. :jameo:

I like Paula Dean, but I only watch her when I am feeling homesick already. Otherwise I am sniffling away by the end of the show. Her accent is MILD in comparision to other Savannah residents.

Somebody who hasn't been mentioned, who I really enjoy, is Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffman. It's a newer show.

lovinmaryland

I agree...I can't stand watching her! I hate all her little "EVOO" and Yum-O crappola. :rolleyes: She used to be fine, but when she started getting more popular, she really started acting loopy.

I love love love Alton Brown!! He's my favorite probably. I also like Bobby Flay (mostly in Throw Down), Tyler Florence, and Unwrapped with Mark Summers (or Somers, whichever it is).

Giada is OK, but I agree with Kwill...she looks like a bobble-head. Nickel, you're right too...her random Italian irks me. She moved from Italy when she was 5. :rolleyes: :lol:

Ina Garten is ok, but she's too pretentious. Sandra Dee is as well....with all her stupid tablescapes. Ugh. :lol:

I can't take Emeril either. I just don't see myself ever cooking what he does.

But I like Paula Dean! Not Paula's Parties, just her regular cooking show. She reminds me of the grandma I never had. BF hates her accent though. I always tease him......she calls shrimp "shree-ump." :lol:

I'm excited about all their Thanksgiving and holiday specials though! :dance:

And I love catching those contests they have...like best cake, or sugar sculptures.....they're great!

Cant stand Sandra Lee... I am sorry dipping oreos in chocolate and spinkling them with sugar is not a recipe and that is what half of her shiat is. She made a cake a few weeks ago that was 1 sheet cake and 2 small rounds cakes and a tray of cupcakes (all were bought already made from the store mind you) she just stacked them together and was like viola :rolleyes:

I want to vomitt when I watch Paula she eats like a pig slopping her recipes in her mouth and talking with food pratically falling out :barf:

I normally watch Ina Garten and Alton Brown. Everything I have ever made has always turned out from either of their recipes.

belvak

Happy Camper
Used to watch Rachel Ray, but like everyone else says, she's getting a little old. Paula Deen is okay every now and then. Don't really like any of the others, but I do love Unwrapped! A little bit :offtopic: here, but does anyone else watch How I'ts Made on the Science Channel? I really enjoy that show! We're not too big on watching TV, usually History, Discovery, etc.