Food Network

Cowgirl

I tried to watch Dinner:Impossible the other day. It had the new host....I don't know his name. :frown: I miss Robert. :bawl: I hope he gets picked up on another network and kicks Food Network's butt.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Anyone notice Alton Brown has a new travel eats show coming up? It's called Feasting on Waves and he is gonna be travelling by boat in the Carribean and sampling the local cuisene. We enjoyed his previous on Feasting on Asphalt when he did the motorcycle trip up the Mississippi.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Paula Dean's recipes are horrible. I am so sick of the "Good Old Girl" routine. We made some kind of crab dish, and it was a waste of good crab meat. Then we made a squash dish along with the crab and that stunk, too. I haven't talked with anyone who ever made a Paula dish and thought it was good.

I made a seafood dip from her show once and it was wretched, too rich and greasy. Hubby wouldn't even eat it after a few bites.

lovinmaryland

I made a seafood dip from her show once and it was wretched, too rich and greasy. Hubby wouldn't even eat it after a few bites.

I have tried to make several of her recipes and they never turned out. Everything from Ina Garten has turned out really really good though :yum:

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
Paula Dean's recipes are horrible. I am so sick of the "Good Old Girl" routine. We made some kind of crab dish, and it was a waste of good crab meat. Then we made a squash dish along with the crab and that stunk, too. I haven't talked with anyone who ever made a Paula dish and thought it was good.

I've made a few of her recipes and they were very good. Guess, everyone has thier own likes and dislikes :whistle:

Cowgirl

Anyone notice Alton Brown has a new travel eats show coming up? It's called Feasting on Waves and he is gonna be travelling by boat in the Carribean and sampling the local cuisene. We enjoyed his previous on Feasting on Asphalt when he did the motorcycle trip up the Mississippi.

I saw that. We like all of his shows, so I'm sure we'll like this one too. We saw some of his earlier Good Eats episodes, and we loved him then, but it's amazing how boring his old shows were! :lol:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I like Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller. Most of what she cooks is super simple and had turned out delish.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I have tried to make several of her recipes and they never turned out. Everything from Ina Garten has turned out really really good though :yum:

Ina is my hero! Her stress free entertaining tips were a lifesaver to me when I had my first few dinner parties. Make ahead recipies and and simple elegant dishes.

I've made a few things from Paula's show that were pretty good and an equal amount that weren't.

Lilypad

:yeahthat:
Alton Brown:yay::yay: