Franzen Real Estate Building

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Far from it chumly. I just get tired of seeing a burned out building on the main drag. While I have thankfully never had to deal with such an event I would hope my insurance company wouldn't take half a year to fix my house if it burned, I know they took less than 24 hours on an auto claim.

I still think you have an axe to grind, but they are the type of people I would love to do business with. They were up and running very shortly after the fire serving their clients instead of sitting around waiting for the government to help them like you POS Liberals would be doing.

Oh sorry, most of you don't start businesses.....so you wouldn't.

I still think you have an axe to grind, but they are the type of people I would love to do business with. They were up and running very shortly after the fire serving their clients instead of sitting around waiting for the government to help them like you POS Liberals would be doing.

Oh sorry, most of you don't start businesses.....so you wouldn't.

So you must be sleeping with one of them,, your personal attack makes sense now.

IDK dude, if it was my name on the sign I would be fixing the eyesore ASAP. Amazing how people can build a steakhouse or a medical building in 45 days right up the road but it takes 6 months to fix that place.

And calling me a POS liberal, well thanks I appreciate the compliment and nod to my advanced academic and intellectual capabilities.

awpitt

Main Streeter
So, it's been almost 6 months and this huge burned out hulk of an eyesore remains on the main road to the base and town. Nothing is being done about it.

What crap!

If I was looking for a realtor I certainly wouldn't throw my business to a company so incompetent that they can't fix their own office for 6 months after a fire. I don't care if it is an insurance problem - fix it. And, if your business relies on a subpar insurance company what does that tell prospective customers about your business acumen?

Complain much? Is the burned out building harming you in some way? In the Navy, we used to say, "A bitching sailor is a happy sailor."

awpitt

Main Streeter
So you must be sleeping with one of them,, your personal attack makes sense now.

IDK dude, if it was my name on the sign I would be fixing the eyesore ASAP. Amazing how people can build a steakhouse or a medical building in 45 days right up the road but it takes 6 months to fix that place.

And calling me a POS liberal, well thanks I appreciate the compliment and nod to my advanced academic and intellectual capabilities.

That medical building was two years in the planning before they even broke ground. It's a long process that happens behind the scenes.

awpitt

Main Streeter
No... but people like you saying "Stop complaining... is it hurting you?" were in Detroit. Look how wonderful that city looks now... just sayin'

That's Detroit. The building in question is in St. Mary's. I'm still not seeing how that building is harming anyone.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Looks like a permit has been issued so those who are offended can soon look at a new office building..........but of course now they have to come up with $780,000.00. Maybe those of you who are offended can lend a hand......
Status Detail
Parcel ID:
0043-09-0037- - -1 -8-019061
Application Date:
08/15/16
Application #:
16 - 1252
Address:
22316 THREE NOTCH RD
Owner:
FRANZEN CARL &
Application Type:
OFFICE, BANKS, PROF. BLDG
Valuation:
$780,000
Tenant Name:
FRANZEN REALTY
Tenant Unit Number:
Zoning Description:
CORRIDOR MIXED USE
Square Footage:
Application Status:
PERMIT ISSUED
General Contractor:
COLONY BUILDERS INC.
Structure Detail

Last edited:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Looks like a permit has been issued so those who are offended can soon look at a new office building..........but of course now they have to come up with $780,000.00. Maybe those of you who are offended can lend a hand......
Status Detail
Parcel ID:
0043-09-0037- - -1 -8-019061
Application Date:
08/15/16
Application #:
16 - 1252
Address:
22316 THREE NOTCH RD
Owner:
FRANZEN CARL &
Application Type:
OFFICE, BANKS, PROF. BLDG
Valuation:
$780,000
Tenant Name:
FRANZEN REALTY
Tenant Unit Number:
Zoning Description:
CORRIDOR MIXED USE
Square Footage:
Application Status:
PERMIT ISSUED
General Contractor:
COLONY BUILDERS INC.
Structure Detail

Is the $780k what it's worth? Or the cost to rebuild?

glhs837

Power with Control
Is the $780k what it's worth? Or the cost to rebuild?

My guess would be that that's the valuation on the land. Easy enough to see on the state Real Property Database.

Nope, land shows as being a bit under 230K. So it's either what the old building was worth or the expected value of the new one. I'll take the value of the old one, but the record is odd. Says the office building structure was 5,600 square feet, but the improvements were only listed as being worth $3800 dollars? Maybe that's after the fire? Dunno.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
My guess would be that that's the valuation on the land. Easy enough to see on the state Real Property Database.

Nope, land shows as being a bit under 230K. So it's either what the old building was worth or the expected value of the new one. I'll take the value of the old one, but the record is odd. Says the office building structure was 5,600 square feet, but the improvements were only listed as being worth $3800 dollars? Maybe that's after the fire? Dunno.

Thanks. I was just curious.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So, it's been almost 6 months and this huge burned out hulk of an eyesore remains on the main road to the base and town. Nothing is being done about it.

What crap!

If I was looking for a realtor I certainly wouldn't throw my business to a company so incompetent that they can't fix their own office for 6 months after a fire. I don't care if it is an insurance problem

yes, it's such a blight compared to the property around it (Quality, Smokey Joes, the gas station. Well and the base property, dramatic, the beauty of the ancient architecture.
Move down the road, closer to the "non-town" we have a lovely assortment of gleaming modern buildings (that could be burned out hulks for all we know).

I don't know what the situation is, but if two insurance companies are duking it out over how is liable, then yes, no business person in their right mind is going to put their own money on the line until it's been worked out.

3CATSAILOR

Yeah, and the County has their new law that says they can bill people to remove the eye sores in the County. What happened to that? I guess they only do it for certain people. Kind of like selective enforcement perhaps.

What crap!

If I was looking for a realtor I certainly wouldn't throw my business to a company so incompetent that they can't fix their own office for 6 months after a fire. I don't care if it is an insurance problem - fix it. And, if your business relies on a subpar insurance company what does that tell prospective customers about your business acumen?