Franzen Real Estate Building

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Yeah, and the County has their new law that says they can bill people to remove the eye sores in the County. What happened to that? I guess they only do it for certain people. Kind of like selective enforcement perhaps.

It seems they are going through the process....

If you all knew how much it costs and how much BS you need to go through......never mind...

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, and the County has their new law that says they can bill people to remove the eye sores in the County. What happened to that? I guess they only do it for certain people. Kind of like selective enforcement perhaps.

Examples?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Don't you have some water moccasins to count or something? At least know some of WTF you are talking about before wasting bandwidth.

awpitt

Main Streeter

It really hasn't been that long. It's obvious that you don't know what's required to rebuild. Especially in a case like this. The County isn't going to go after the owners of the Franzen building because it just hasn't been that long. This stuff takes time.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It really hasn't been that long. It's obvious that you don't know what's required to rebuild. Especially in a case like this. The County isn't going to go after the owners of the Franzen building because it just hasn't been that long. This stuff takes time.

I guess you figured out my previous reply was sarcasm. There is no indication the land has been abandoned, not like the two former gas stations that were / are on the corner of GMR and Chancellor Run Rd. They were overgrown plus you had the issue of the gas storage tanks.

I would imagine that one problem with the Frazen building is that it was built under older codes and there may be an issue of having to meet new regulations / code.
Insurance may not cover that work, they may only cover the repair of the damage. They could also be considering the cost effectiveness of tearing down the old building and replacing with a newer building. Agree, just getting a simple plan through the permit mill for a commercial building takes time. But before they even hit that I'm sure there are some studies to see which is the best approach.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It seems they are going through the process....

If you all knew how much it costs and how much BS you need to go through......never mind...

Even to replace a burnt down house in Critical Area it takes a lot of time and no small amount of money on permits and land planning.

officeguy

Even to replace a burnt down house in Critical Area it takes a lot of time and no small amount of money on permits and land planning.

'Freds Outdoor store' in Waldorf burned down in Oct 2014. They are finally getting close to finishing the new store in that location. The fact that Frantzen already has a permit application in to replace the building points to a fairly speedy rebuilding process.

So, it's been almost 6 months and this huge burned out hulk of an eyesore remains on the main road to the base and town. Nothing is being done about it.

What crap!

If I was looking for a realtor I certainly wouldn't throw my business to a company so incompetent that they can't fix their own office for 6 months after a fire. I don't care if it is an insurance problem - fix it. And, if your business relies on a subpar insurance company what does that tell prospective customers about your business acumen?
Franzen building was leveled.

Happy now?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Happy now?

I can't believe how fast that they leveled the old Friendly Tavern on RT5/Flat Iron.
Drove by on a Friday (maybe Thursday) evening going home from work it was still standing and when I drove by Monday morning there was already a paved parking lot.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Happy now?
I meant to post this. Thanks GW!
I can't believe how fast that they leveled the old Friendly Tavern on RT5/Flat Iron.
Drove by on a Friday (maybe Thursday) evening going home from work it was still standing and when I drove by Monday morning there was already a paved parking lot.
I didn't know that was going down.

The big old house at Tom Hodges was also leveled. I didn't even notice until it was gone. I go by it everyday. :ohwell:

PeoplesElbow

'Freds Outdoor store' in Waldorf burned down in Oct 2014. They are finally getting close to finishing the new store in that location. The fact that Frantzen already has a permit application in to replace the building points to a fairly speedy rebuilding process.

I would have expected Freds would take longer since it was arson and part of a criminal investigation.