Gay Mafia Is Fighting For Special Rights, Not Equal Rights

SamSpade

no no they are not, it is a chosen lifestyle

See, I can't agree with this. Been around enough gay people to know what they say - "why would someone choose to be gay, in this society?".

My reasoning used to be it could NOT be born that way, because that would require it be a genetic trait, and the gay lifestyle more or less depresses the likelihood of passing genetic traits.
(Yes, I know, I hear all kinds of people saying "but gay men father children!". Of course. But any genetic trait that decreases that possibility WILL disappear over centuries - millennia, just as traits that INCREASE the birth of children goes the other way. That's just math.)

But for someone to be born a certain way does NOT require it to be a genetic trait - it can be a consequence of events during pregnancy. Two of my own children have traits that were just that - a lack of blood flow to hear, an environmental factor for this one - and there you have it. Examinations of gay men HAVE shown there are differences in certain cell groups of the hypothalamus between gay and straight men. There IS a biological connection. They ARE born that way.

Sapidus

See, I can't agree with this. Been around enough gay people to know what they say - "why would someone choose to be gay, in this society?".

My reasoning used to be it could NOT be born that way, because that would require it be a genetic trait, and the gay lifestyle more or less depresses the likelihood of passing genetic traits.
(Yes, I know, I hear all kinds of people saying "but gay men father children!". Of course. But any genetic trait that decreases that possibility WILL disappear over centuries - millennia, just as traits that INCREASE the birth of children goes the other way. That's just math.)

But for someone to be born a certain way does NOT require it to be a genetic trait - it can be a consequence of events during pregnancy. Two of my own children have traits that were just that - a lack of blood flow to hear, an environmental factor for this one - and there you have it. Examinations of gay men HAVE shown there are differences in certain cell groups of the hypothalamus between gay and straight men. There IS a biological connection. They ARE born that way.

I commend you for changing your opinion.

It is not an easy thing to do.

Unfortunately most people need to know someone who is gay or disabled or different in any way to fully see that these people are just the same as you and me and were born differently abled.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
you mean like being an equal opportunity employer? Many states and counties have regulations governing who you must serve too.

This isn't about being an equal opportunity employer. List the specific state or county regulations that tell me who I must do business with even if I refuse to. I'll wait.

SamSpade

I commend you for changing your opinion.

I had my own hurdles, having been molested by a gay man in my youth. I was blitzed and could barely move.

MOSTLY - it was science. Once a biological link was clearly established, consistently, all the time - there wasn't any arguing it.
If you read up on INAH-3, it's pretty straightforward.

But it's still true that until it comes into your day to day life, you really can't make a good opinion.
It's one of my little axioms regarding life - it's always *different* when it's YOUR experience.
You can sneer at an addict - until you become one or live with one. You can belittle someone who is fat - until it happens to you.

It's also true that many I know on the left have chosen to live in a liberal bubble where they don't know people who think differently from them.
They can actually say - "How could Bush have won? EVERYONE I know voted for Kerry".
It's a massive culture shock to them when they visit middle America or find themselves in conservative surroundings and think "why isn't everyone a class A jerk like they are on TV?".

I just find it's hard to believe that whole groups of people are caricatures that you see in movies. Real people aren't like that.

Sapidus

I had my own hurdles, having been molested by a gay man in my youth. I was blitzed and could barely move.

MOSTLY - it was science. Once a biological link was clearly established, consistently, all the time - there wasn't any arguing it.
If you read up on INAH-3, it's pretty straightforward.

But it's still true that until it comes into your day to day life, you really can't make a good opinion.
It's one of my little axioms regarding life - it's always *different* when it's YOUR experience.
You can sneer at an addict - until you become one or live with one. You can belittle someone who is fat - until it happens to you.

It's also true that many I know on the left have chosen to live in a liberal bubble where they don't know people who think differently from them.
They can actually say - "How could Bush have won? EVERYONE I know voted for Kerry".
It's a massive culture shock to them when they visit middle America or find themselves in conservative surroundings and think "why isn't everyone a class A jerk like they are on TV?".

I just find it's hard to believe that whole groups of people are caricatures that you see in movies. Real people aren't like that.

First , I am very sorry for what happened to you. Be it gay, straight, male or female no one should ever take advantage of of a child.

Absolutely agreed. I know that i am guilty of being in a liberal bubble. I live in DC and for the most part interact with people who i believe or at least appear to have similar political and social beliefs as mine.

I realize I may not always go about it in the best way but my motivation for coming to this forum ( and because I have a second home in Calvert) is to try to change that.

I was shocked that someone who i and many others i know don't consider fit for office could have won the election. I'd like to try to understand what the under lying message he was able to convey despite his inexperience, blatant lies and other issues, is and how that resonated so strongly when I couldn't hear it or understand it .

The media does tend to pick the most outrageous members of any group to try to get the most sensational story or news clip but most people deep down just want the same things and we have more in common than we do have differences.

As to Gays being born that way does the science of climate change also convince you it is real or are you a non believer in that respect?

SamSpade

I was shocked that someone who i and many others i know don't consider fit for office could have won the election.

I think it was the comments of Rumsfeld that made a lot of sense - he was saying he didn't think anyone in history has ever taken the office of chief executive with less government or military experience.
And that is why he was elected. People are seriously fed up now. They've been that way for a couple decades and they are willing to vote an actor or pro wrestler as governor.
They are sick of the wishy-washy mealy-mouthed candidates that talk the talk but nothing changes. This week Trump said we would recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Well - it IS. It's stupid to "pretend" it isn't. It's like pretending that Taiwan isn't a separate nation. Clinton, Hillary, Obama, Bush - they've all at one point or another have SAID Jerusalem is the capital.
TRUMP had the balls to make it so. It was saying the emperor had no clothes. Let the Palestinians throw a tantrum.

The left will whine about how bad a decision that was - while in the past, they've said it too. They just weren't going to go out on a limb and DO it.

We have North Korea. Back in the 90's, they were starting to build a nuclear plant. They whined that oh no, it won't be used to create nuclear fuel. We need it for our electrical grid - even though it will produce far more power than our nation needs.
Yes, we need it. And we gave them *money*. We have been dancing around them for two decades. Bush called them part of the axis of evil - but he did nothing. People LIKE Trump because he's tired of the crap.
A "president" will smile and act all presidential and diplomatic. Trump will bust 'em in the chops. About goddamned time.

I have members of my family who are very liberal - mention "FOX news" and then run out of the room - it's like tossing a firecracker. A few have actually MET Trump - and toned down their words.
They're still opposed to him - but they're willing to wait and see, because he's not the monster the press creates.

As to Gays being born that way does the science of climate change also convince you it is real or are you a non believer in that respect?

*Skeptic*. One, I know a couple climatologists and their opinion is mixed - what I believe is close to what they believe - global warming or climate change is occurring - it won't end the world - the change will be small and it won't destroy the world and a lot of what people posit as the indefatigable truth is simply not so or overblown to hysteria. Moreover, the changes that are proposed are piss in the ocean - they won't do anything, at least not on a global scale.

Basically - don't worry about it. If we're going to kill ourselves off, we'll do it long before the planet does. We have either plenty of time - or nothing can be done about it. Or both.

The other is - if they can ever manage what I think science SHOULD do - make a prediction that actually comes true. I've been hearing of the dangers of climate change since Bush I - and none of the catastrophes have come to bear.
None of the weather patterns - the violent weather we were supposed to have - is significantly outside patterns having occurred before, when we were NOT pumping gases into the atmosphere.

When they can say - arctic ice gone in five years - and it IS - then I will reconsider. But it still strikes me as Malthusian hysteria.

Hijinx

First , I am very sorry for what happened to you. Be it gay, straight, male or female no one should ever take advantage of of a child.

Absolutely agreed. I know that i am guilty of being in a liberal bubble. I live in DC and for the most part interact with people who i believe or at least appear to have similar political and social beliefs as mine.

I realize I may not always go about it in the best way but my motivation for coming to this forum ( and because I have a second home in Calvert) is to try to change that.

I was shocked that someone who i and many others i know don't consider fit for office could have won the election. I'd like to try to understand what the under lying message he was able to convey despite his inexperience, blatant lies and other issues, is and how that resonated so strongly when I couldn't hear it or understand it .

The media does tend to pick the most outrageous members of any group to try to get the most sensational story or news clip but most people deep down just want the same things and we have more in common than we do have differences.

You considered Hillary Clinton fit for office?

You must be deaf dumb and stupid

Sapidus

I think it was the comments of Rumsfeld that made a lot of sense - he was saying he didn't think anyone in history has ever taken the office of chief executive with less government or military experience.
And that is why he was elected. People are seriously fed up now. They've been that way for a couple decades and they are willing to vote an actor or pro wrestler as governor.
They are sick of the wishy-washy mealy-mouthed candidates that talk the talk but nothing changes. This week Trump said we would recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Well - it IS. It's stupid to "pretend" it isn't. It's like pretending that Taiwan isn't a separate nation. Clinton, Hillary, Obama, Bush - they've all at one point or another have SAID Jerusalem is the capital.
TRUMP had the balls to make it so. It was saying the emperor had no clothes. Let the Palestinians throw a tantrum.

The left will whine about how bad a decision that was - while in the past, they've said it too. They just weren't going to go out on a limb and DO it.

We have North Korea. Back in the 90's, they were starting to build a nuclear plant. They whined that oh no, it won't be used to create nuclear fuel. We need it for our electrical grid - even though it will produce far more power than our nation needs.
Yes, we need it. And we gave them *money*. We have been dancing around them for two decades. Bush called them part of the axis of evil - but he did nothing. People LIKE Trump because he's tired of the crap.
A "president" will smile and act all presidential and diplomatic. Trump will bust 'em in the chops. About goddamned time.

I have members of my family who are very liberal - mention "FOX news" and then run out of the room - it's like tossing a firecracker. A few have actually MET Trump - and toned down their words.
They're still opposed to him - but they're willing to wait and see, because he's not the monster the press creates.

*Skeptic*. One, I know a couple climatologists and their opinion is mixed - what I believe is close to what they believe - global warming or climate change is occurring - it won't end the world - the change will be small and it won't destroy the world and a lot of what people posit as the indefatigable truth is simply not so or overblown to hysteria. Moreover, the changes that are proposed are piss in the ocean - they won't do anything, at least not on a global scale.

Basically - don't worry about it. If we're going to kill ourselves off, we'll do it long before the planet does. We have either plenty of time - or nothing can be done about it. Or both.

The other is - if they can ever manage what I think science SHOULD do - make a prediction that actually comes true. I've been hearing of the dangers of climate change since Bush I - and none of the catastrophes have come to bear.
None of the weather patterns - the violent weather we were supposed to have - is significantly outside patterns having occurred before, when we were NOT pumping gases into the atmosphere.

When they can say - arctic ice gone in five years - and it IS - then I will reconsider. But it still strikes me as Malthusian hysteria.

I can certainly understand the frustration people feel at modern politicians who say one thing and do another or do nothing and say they are doing something.

I also do know some millenials who had a F*** the world attitude and thought Trump wasn't so bad because he would blow up our modern system of government and hoped a new system would come into being.

IMO, it doesn't do the US any good to weigh in on what city is the rightful capital of a foreign country when we know that is only going to stir up tensions. I believe the behavior by past presidents is called diplomacy. They may have one opinion but understand that palestinians and israeli's have different opinions and that they have more of a say what happens in their country then we do. Not to mention the additional risk Americans working and living abroad now face. Trumps announcement is the exact things that Isis and Al qaeda complain about that we butt our noses in other countries and force them to accept our beliefs.

In regards to climate change it does seem to meet that we are having larger and more frequent storms especially Hurricanes. It's funny we both have the same data available but such different interpretations of it.

Hijinx

Oh ! There is climate change all right. It's happening.

But anyone who thinks we can stop it is a fool.

SamSpade

You considered Hillary Clinton fit for office?

Hillary is a prime example of what Americans are tired of - on the left. That is why Bernie was so popular.
Hillary said "woman president". Bernie said free college and health care.
Hillary basically was more of the same.

JEB is the example of what they're tired of, on the right.
Straight off the Bush dynasty, nothing about him says transformation. His cred was and is - I'm not one of them.
Not a Democrat. Well, not totally. Sort of.

Both have lots of experience *around* government, and neither really have any credentials to crow about.
They're boiler-plate politicians, right off the assembly line. They say a lot of words but don't say much.

If we go back to only electing regular style politicians, we can whine about "when will they pass the FAIR tax" or "when will we get single payer?"
but it WON'T HAPPEN if you vote for the schmuck the party trots out for you.
It's not JUST that the party supports them - they also pull the strings.

And the party cares nothing for you.

SamSpade

IMO, it doesn't do the US any good to weigh in on what city is the rightful capital of a foreign country when we know that is only going to stir up tensions..

That sounds like what my wife was saying.

We aren't "declaring" anything. It would be as though Muslims moved into Paris and declared it the new Mecca, and countries around the world all decided to move their embassies to Marseille, instead.
The capital IS Jerusalem. Always has been (well, except in times of crisis). It's where the Knesset meets, where the Prime Minister lives and is the center of government. It IS the capital.
It absolutely is a case of emperor's new clothes where everyone KNOWS it's the capital, they just don't want to say so.

Pretending it isn't is one of the biggest charades on the international stage. It's people in Hollywood pretending not to know about Weinstein or the "casting couch".

It's us pretending Taiwan is just a rebellious part of China - they've just been functioning as a separate nation for almost 70 years.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

because progressives keep getting caught lying or cooking the books

aka making the data fit the narrative

none of Al Gore's Scaremongering has come to pass, in fact there is MORE ICE NOW then ever

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So do you guys believe the Supremes got their previous Piggly Park ruling wrong when they said that the white owner had to serve black customers despite his religious objections?

Jack Phillips, a Christian cake artist who owns Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colorado, has run his business for years according to his religious convictions. He is a gentle, kind and loving soul. He serves everyone, just not every event. In 2012, Jack politely declined to create a custom cake for a same-sex wedding for Charlie Craig and David Mullins. They claimed “humiliation” and “discrimination”; the ACLU was on it like icing on…uhhhh…cake.

Thankfully, Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) came to Jack’s defense.

Having no real substantive argument against someone’s freedom of expression and religious freedom, LGBT organizations decry the exercise of First Amendment rights as an act of modern-day Jim Crow. Cue the hijacking of the civil rights movement. Of course the ACLU, the New York Times and many other liberal fake news outlets repeatedly invoke the 1968 Piggie Park Supreme Court case. Owner Maurice Bessinger, an unrepentant racist, refused to allow black people to eat at his drive-in and sandwich shop restaurants. As always, the Left loves comparing apples with pizza. Gay customers have always been welcome in Masterpiece Cakeshop and could buy anything in his establishment. He didn’t reject Craig and Mullins for “who they are”, but for what a singular event means.

https://townhall.com/columnists/rya.../sorry-aclu-gay-is-not-the-new-black-n2419535

SamSpade

In regards to climate change it does seem to meet that we are having larger and more frequent storms especially Hurricanes.

For one - we had YEARS between hurricanes until very recently. In a few of them, no storms actually made it to Cat 1.

But in terms of energy, force and damage, the last two decades of hurricanes don't compare at all to the ones earlier last century.
And since that was well before the CO2 levels we have now - unlikely that man brought it about.