Gay Tolerance This Was Inevitable

PsyOps

Pixelated
"Pay your damn taxes."

Partly. God does demand we obey the laws of the land - like paying taxes. But it had another meaning.

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's. From a biblical standpoint, everything you see is God's creation and it belongs to him. In the context of this discussion, I believe believers are to render unto Him (God) first. If you are being asked to do something you believe to be a sin, you first consider God, then the law.

But, you're not a believer, so I'm sure this is all really pretty pointless. But we do still have that pesky thing called the First Amendment that protects the FREE PRACTICE THEREOF... THE LAW OF THE LAND.

hotbikermama40

Partly. God does demand we obey the laws of the land - like paying taxes. But it had another meaning.

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's. From a biblical standpoint, everything you see is God's creation and it belongs to him. In the context of this discussion, I believe believers are to render unto Him (God) first. If you are being asked to do something you believe to be a sin, you first consider God, then the law.

But, you're not a believer, so I'm sure this is all really pretty pointless. But we do still have that pesky thing called the First Amendment that protects the FREE PRACTICE THEREOF... THE LAW OF THE LAND.

Jesus' statement was in answer to the Pharisees and the Herodians trying to trick him. They knew Jesus taught that God was who was to be given glory, and hoped to catch Him 'betraying' Caesar when they asked him who Jesus was teaching the Jews to "pay tribute" to. But Jesus made it clear that as subjects of Rome, the Jews should pay Caesar his annual tribute, and that it had nothing to do with their tithes to the temple.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Jesus' statement was in answer to the Pharisees and the Herodians trying to trick him. They knew Jesus taught that God was who was to be given glory, and hoped to catch Him 'betraying' Caesar when they asked him who Jesus was teaching the Jews to "pay tribute" to. But Jesus made it clear that as subjects of Rome, the Jews should pay Caesar his annual tribute, and that it had nothing to do with their tithes to the temple.

Ummm... ok

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:yay: