'Ghettopoly' game causes outrage in black community

nomoney

stuckinsomd said:
no im african american and remember when the game first came out and remember think wtf that is so demeaning why would someone come up with such a terrible game. My kids will never play the game and i live in a wonderful safe neighborhood that happens to be majority blk. there are no homless in my neihborhood for tricks or dugs on the street. when he made the came that was the message he was sending. ghetto is a type of neighborhood not a way of life or style of music.

I'm sorry I didn't know that only blacks lived in the "ghetto". It shows a certain frame of mind to believe that a ghettoized board game is only demeaning to blacks. :shrug:

I'm glad there are no homeless or tricks or dugs (I feel bad for them dugs, hopefully there are some bobs of phils though) on your street.....maybe one day in the near future they'll even build a "learn to read and write center"

Last edited:

PrepH4U

stuckinsomd said:
no im african american and remember when the game first came out and remember think wtf that is so demeaning why would someone come up with such a terrible game. My kids will never play the game and i live in a wonderful safe neighborhood that happens to be majority blk. there are no homless in my neihborhood for tricks or dugs on the street. when he made the came that was the message he was sending. ghetto is a type of neighborhood not a way of life or style of music.
Is this some type of urban speak that I am not up on yet? Do you know where I can buy a translator? :confused:

nomoney

PrepH4U said:
Is this some type of urban speak that I am not up on yet? Do you know where I can buy a translator? :confused:
I'd translate for you; but I'm not up to par on my ghettolingo

morganj614

stuckinsomd said:
another racist white ##### you could never understand...u can be nothing more than a SMURF!! Look up ghetto then respond

Please, I BEG OF YOU. Quote who you are talking to. And what color are you when you look in the mirror?
What shade of African American?

nomoney

stuckinsomd said:
another racist white ##### you could never understand...u can be nothing more than a SMURF!! Look up ghetto then respond

I am no where near racist (if you are even talking to me; I believe we discussed the quote button). You have no idea my skin color. What I am is prejudiced of stupid people. You may or may not fall into that category....well actually; you do.

stuckinsomd

yea *uckin' right...get real...I am african american due to the fact that my ancestors were from africa, they were also black foot inidan, and west indian...

PrepH4U

stuckinsomd said:
I take offense to that remark, my Poppa was a smurf!

morganj614

stuckinsomd said:
yea *uckin' right...get real...I am african american due to the fact that my ancestors were from africa, they were also black foot inidan, and west indian...

What shade of African American. Get real..I am a different shade of white.

nomoney

stuckinsomd said:

so then you would also be bothered if they made a Indianreservationopoly game?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
stuckinsomd said:

What you are is a freakin' jerk. I have some of the same ancestors, but that doesn't make me an african american...or an irish american. Hell, I'm pushin' it to even call myself a native american. Moron. Be what you are instead of trying to be what you're not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
stuckinsomd said:
another racist white ##### you could never understand...u can be nothing more than a SMURF!!
Dear, you would be better served to direct your wrath to the black ladies and gentlemen who have created and perpetuated the "ghetto" stereotype. Turn on BET or wait until Al Sharpton comes on CNN to finger your culprits.

Sheila Jackson Lee and Maxine Waters would be a good place to start your letter-writing campaign as well. I've sent them numerous letters letting them know what I think of their racist politics and stereotyping. Maybe they'd listen better if it came from you.

just throwing this out ... seeing we are in the no quote thread....

there are no homless in my neihborhood for tricks or dugs on the street.

:speak n spell: :killingme