Kizzy

Hey bhanks,

Wanna buy a house in Waldorf?

Plenty of trees. :lol: Move right in condition, just bring your rake. :wink:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: Quality Built Homes

Originally posted by Gallntfox
I settled on a Quality Built Home last year....I feel that the home was well-built but they did not stick to time frames promised..communication was horrible... and after speaking to the owner about issues I was left with the impression that he was a condescending jerk. They made the process much more difficult and stressful than it needed to be. They are not good about following up on things (things promised on my house still are not done a year later and many neighbors are in the same boat) The positives....a nice home that has greatly appreciated but even so I would NEVER use Quality Built Homes to build me another home due to their sorry customer service. If you want a nice home and don't mind getting yanked around...go for it.
They built our first house 11 years ago and I can second everything you said.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by bhanks
Dymphna -- I've heard of the name Lavender Estates, but I'm not sure where it's located? Is it right off the 5? (I'd like to take a drive through the community at some point.) Thanks for letting me know about this being the last house--I think you're right about there being some motivation to build it quickly!
It's near 84 Lumber in Mechanicsville.

As I understand it, the house is built, they are trying to unload it. It probably doesn't have a picture b/c it is in the woods and they probably couldn't get a good angle. I've seen the lot, before it was built, I just haven't been back there in a while.

B

bhanks

IM4Change Hmmm....tempting! But, a bit of a hike to the PAX area...still, sounds like you've got the trees I want!

K

Kizzy

IM4Change Hmmm....tempting! But, a bit of a hike to the PAX area...still, sounds like you've got the trees I want!

Yes, it is like being snuggled in a ravine. Hopefully there will be a buyer with a fat checkbook trotting in with the same attitude. It goes on the market in the morning. :wink:

It is Western Waldorf, 229, so that is a hike.

Dymphna

Originally posted by IM4Change
Yes, it is like being snuggled in a ravine. Hopefully there will be a buyer with a fat checkbook trotting in with the same attitude. It goes on the market in the morning. :wink:

It is Western Waldorf, 229, so that is a hike.
Why/Where you movin? I know someone who may be interested in that area.

B

bhanks

Forrest Farms by QBH

QBH has a new development called Forrest Farms that is supposed to be located between the 5 and 235 on Brown Rd. (That's between St. John's Rd in Hollywood and St. Andrew's Church Rd.) Has anyone been out to this area to take a look around? Is it woodsy? Oh please let it be woodsy!! :crazy:

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Dymphna
Why/Where you movin? I know someone who may be interested in that area.

We want property, that is it. This is a great neighborhood, fantastic house, just woods and a creek that this house on a hill overlooks.

Dymphna

Originally posted by IM4Change
We want property, that is it. This is a great neighborhood, fantastic house, just woods and a creek that this house on a hill overlooks.
Ah, pm'd ya. The people I know, he's retired, looking for low maintance and to be near their son who just moved into a neighborhood over that way.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Dymphna
Ah, pm'd ya. The people I know, he's retired, looking for low maintance and to be near their son who just moved into a neighborhood over that way.

This would actually be perfect. Very very low maintance. Takes me about 20 minutes with a push mower. :lol: Large deck off the back covers most of the grassy ground, the rest is woods. You have my info in your box.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Re: Forrest Farms by QBH

QBH has a new development called Forrest Farms that is supposed to be located between the 5 and 235 on Brown Rd. (That's between St. John's Rd in Hollywood and St. Andrew's Church Rd.) Has anyone been out to this area to take a look around? Is it woodsy? Oh please let it be woodsy!! :crazy:

Very woodsy (Is that a word?) It is a really nice neighborhood....Big houses with woods....I really don't know about the prices though.....You also have Greens Rest off of Flat Iron Road....They have some woodsy lots there too....There is a lot going on back there (building) When you enter the woodsy ones are to the right.....St James over on 235 has some nice lots too....That is on down near St Marys City....You can enter it from 235 or Matapany from Rt 5....Then you have Park Pines just below the base.....White Hall is in there too....

B

bhanks

Dupontster Thanks for the great tips!! For anyone who's interested, I braved the rain this afternoon and took a look at Forrest Farms. One word: WOW. I'm bringing my hubby to look at it tomorrow. Definitely a bit pricey, but you've got a great neighborhood to live in, raise kids, etc. It looked very safe, welcoming, etc....all the things you'd want in a new community. (And, yes, it was just about as woodsy as it gets!)

I'll have to check out Park Pines...I'm not familiar with that one... Thanks again!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I am not too inpressed with Park Pines, but you need to check out Greens Rest and St. James.....Another is Deans Forest over on Medleys Neck Road....That is nice too....Good luck and let us know what you decide.....

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My house was built by Thomas Homes. I have a very decently built home, and I would certainly have them build for me again. I bid my home when it was very close to being completed, so didn't have the headaches of dealing with deadlines, missed/slipped dates, etc. My only complaint is that the house has very limited closet space, but that has nothing to do with the construction.

I have done construction cleaning for new homes, where I worked for Select Homes and RPM. Select-do NOT use them. RPM homes-I would recommend them in a heartbeat. They do really nice work. My sister bought an RPM home and she is extremely happy with it.

I have also checked out Park Pines as a possible place for me to relocate to. However, it is a really odd set up. The builder (HBI?) bought property and divided it up in an already built in area. Consequently, the new Park Pines development has new homes on lots that are next to lots that already contain older homes - some modular and trailer types. It is sort of distressing to potentially spend $275K on up on a beautiful new home to only have it adjacent to an older home/trailer that has been neglected and/or torn up. Also, I've heard that the developers are not going to be fixing up the road (as in blacktopping it). If that's the case, the already bad road is only going to deteriorate with heavy usage.

Friends of mine have built in Dean's Forest. They've only been there a short time, but they hate it. I'm not sure why, though.

My nephew built in Kingston in a QBH home and he loves it.

B

bluebird

I've heard bad things about the builder Winston Corp. They forgot to put a dormer and forgot to install a basement window. Several homes had some sidings came off, drywall from the ceiling came off, leak from the bath tub b/c the overflow area was not connected to a sewer line and many other problems. I think they have some lots avail in Dean Forest subdivision in Leonardtown. I also heard that their agent Pumphrey lied and deceived to customers. Whichever builder you want to do business with you may want to check with BBB, office of Attorney General, Small Claim Court, etc. to see if there were any complaints. Also check with homeowners in the subdivision you plan to build your home. Good luck.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I forgot to tell you about Hanover....They have some wooded lots in there too.....They are located just south of Leonardtown on 5 just before you get to the Fairgrounds and Two Guys Auto Body....There is a lot going on back there....Looks like it is going to be nice when they get it finished....They are putting street lights up now....Go back and look at the view of the model back on lot 21.....You can see right up Breton Bay....That is not a wooded lot though....

spinner

Harvey Morgan from Morgan builders in Hollywood put the addition on our house, he was the best!! He mostly does new homes though, we were lucky to get him. He was here everyday, I could call him on the phone and actually talk to him, he took the time to explain each step to me and listened when I told him what I wanted.. my husbsnd died before it was done and he worked his schedule around mine to complete the addition. I cannot say enough good thing about him.
Also Tommy Goldsborough is really good, he and his brother Tommy worked on our other house. They work seperate now but they both are wonderful.

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
Dupontster Thanks for the great tips!! For anyone who's interested, I braved the rain this afternoon and took a look at Forrest Farms. One word: WOW. I'm bringing my hubby to look at it tomorrow. Definitely a bit pricey, but you've got a great neighborhood to live in, raise kids, etc. It looked very safe, welcoming, etc....all the things you'd want in a new community. (And, yes, it was just about as woodsy as it gets!)

I'll have to check out Park Pines...I'm not familiar with that one... Thanks again!

If you want to live in Forrest Farms, get on the waiting list now and be prepared to wait about 6 to 9 months for the next section to be ready. At least that's what they told me about 3 months ago.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Wildewood is a great community (Rt 235/Rt 4 in California), but the homes there get snatched up real quick. New builder coming in this year (Stanley Martin). Very quiet, very woodsy. Current builder less than desirable.

If you have/buying a lot, Blazer Construction does a great job - high quality.

B

bhanks

cholo Wow--a 6-9 month wait? Sheesh. Well, that wouldn't be a terrible thing I suppose--especially if it was where you really wanted to live. I'll give them a call and see what I can find out....I'll post back when I have info.