Goodbye shopping center by wawa

PeoplesElbow

They will really give Giant a run for their money,I think people will really like them.

Giant is too damned cramped, can barely fit carts past each other in the aisles, and that is with considerate people and no displays in the middle of the aisle.

BernieP

Resident PIA
welcome Harris Teeters

I think that's a ways off. Look how long it took to build Lexington Exchange. Well I guess only 2 places are built.
I guess before they can start building they will have to put in FDR BLVD and welcome the new traffic light on 235 and even more of a backup.

ltown81

Lexington Exchange took basically on building season once they started clearing land. I am actually disappointed in that shopping area. They have enough retail space approved to be as big, or bigger than Wildewood Center. You can tell they expect more because of all the drains in the ground..but so far I have heard of nothing beyond the theater and Aldi.

Harris Teeter is the only named tenant in the brochure, and the anchor to the shopping center. My guess is that it is open this fall. One thing I noticed is at the front corner opposite of Wawa, they have a building that looks like a Walgreens, right down to the Walgreens logo script..just it says Pharmacy instead of Walgreens. Wonder if they signed a lease yet.

On another note, it seems like chain restaurants have slowed down building down here. The last pad site in Park Place has sat there for a while..and both Lexington Exchange and the Harris Teeter ones have pad sites. I am happy with what we have, but if we got more would like a Carrabbas, Chilis, or Fridays.

I was just on the phone with :gossip: and he said that some scavengers showed up in pickup trucks and are grabbing what metal they could to throw it in the back of their trucks... I'd be calling the police if I were that job foreman.
Not surprising at all. But with the price of scrap steel and iron these days its cheaper to let the scrappers have that stuff than pay your own guys their hourly wages to load it all, drive it somewhere and unload it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not surprising at all. But with the price of scrap steel and iron these days its cheaper to let the scrappers have that stuff than pay your own guys their hourly wages to load it all, drive it somewhere and unload it.

Generally disposal of scrap materials that have value are covered in the demo contract. And letting people into a jobsite where they can be hurt is a liability.

RetiredCPO

Actually it does matter in the eyes of the law. If the vehicle is legally stopped, they can do whatever they want with their phone.

MD Code § 21-1124.2(d)(2) states: "A driver of a motor vehicle that is in motion may not use the driver's hands to use a handheld telephone other than to initiate or terminate a wireless telephone call or to turn on or turn off the handheld telephone. "

http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/transportation/title-21/subtitle-11/21-1124-2/

You're correct, "legally stopped". That translates into being off the road and legally parked, not at a stop light. If someone is using their phone at stop lights, you can bet your a$$ they are on the phone while driving. I see at least a dozen people on their phones each day I drive home from work... most of which have no clue what is going on around them... Until you loose someone because of it, you don't have a leg to stand on... you're more than likely the one on the phone while driving and thinks it's perfectly fine. I DON'T! My sister was killed in NYC by a sanitation truck that ran her over because the driver was on the phone! So all you people that want to joke around and think it's fine to ignore your primary responsibility of driving because it's more important to immediately answer that text or phone call, I hope you never loose someone close to you...

littlelady

God bless the USA
You're correct, "legally stopped". That translates into being off the road and legally parked, not at a stop light. If someone is using their phone at stop lights, you can bet your a$$ they are on the phone while driving. I see at least a dozen people on their phones each day I drive home from work... most of which have no clue what is going on around them... Until you loose someone because of it, you don't have a leg to stand on... you're more than likely the one on the phone while driving and thinks it's perfectly fine. I DON'T! My sister was killed in NYC by a sanitation truck that ran her over because the driver was on the phone! So all you people that want to joke around and think it's fine to ignore your primary responsibility of driving because it's more important to immediately answer that text or phone call, I hope you never loose someone close to you...

Sorry for the loss of your sister. It must be so awful for you to lose her in such a manner. I hope the driver of the truck was prosecuted, and paid the price for his actions.

glhs837

Power with Control

Sorry for your loss, Chief, but nobody here thinks using a phone while in motion is a good thing. Some of us varying in even thinking handsfree use is okay. But if you are at a stop light, I personally don't see a problem with that. The worst that happens there is that a lane is delayed slightly. In motion, that's a whole different story, people on the phone while driving enrages me personally. Dont have to go far here to find me ranting about the same. But if you take a pic at a stop light, that's no big deal to me.

Restitution

Sorry for your loss, Chief, but nobody here thinks using a phone while in motion is a good thing. Some of us varying in even thinking handsfree use is okay. But if you are at a stop light, I personally don't see a problem with that. The worst that happens there is that a lane is delayed slightly. In motion, that's a whole different story, people on the phone while driving enrages me personally. Dont have to go far here to find me ranting about the same. But if you take a pic at a stop light, that's no big deal to me.

This is what those morons that race up the turn/merge lane and cut in at the last second are counting on. Some DA looking at their phone at a stop light instead of paying attention to traffic!