Gott Building in P. Fred....

Beta

Smile!
Beta -I don't care enough to judge him. He does what he does and I don't feel sorry for him. He IS an eyesore, and he IS a slob on the side of the road. His vehicle IS, and always has been a pigstye full of junk.

Just because you worked with *some* homeless people doesn't mean you know this guy's situation, either. There are plenty of folks who post on these forums (indeed, threads about him) who know firsthand about him.

I don't give a hoot what he does, and in fact, even when he is sitting nearly in the road, or walking across traffic on a road (with his walker, no less) I always used that as "teachable moments" with my kids. They don't feel sorry for him, either.

Actually I think I worked with him briefly, but I could be wrong. If it's him, then he doesn't have the wherewithal to begin comprehending your concerns (eyesore, slob, pigsty vehicle, etc). How does someone like that deserve disdain if they have mental problems that don't get proper attention? It's a shame and seems to happen all too often with the homeless. Nobody cares because they're "disgusting", nobody "gives a hoot", and nobody "feel sorry" for them because everyone assumes that the homeless made bad choices and deserve their lot in life.

Roman

Actually I think I worked with him briefly, but I could be wrong. If it's him, then he doesn't have the wherewithal to begin comprehending your concerns (eyesore, slob, pigsty vehicle, etc). How does someone like that deserve disdain if they have mental problems that don't get proper attention? It's a shame and seems to happen all too often with the homeless. Nobody cares because they're "disgusting", nobody "gives a hoot", and nobody "feel sorry" for them because everyone assumes that the homeless made bad choices and deserve their lot in life.
It's my opinion, that some homeless people prefer to be this way. No bills, and kind of off the grid so-to-speak. If this man was penniless, he would not have been able to buy a new vehicle like he did a year, or two ago. I personally also think that he either has a place to stay other than his car, or he too, just wants to be homeless. We own several rental properties, and a few years back, he inquired about one of them. So I know that he has the means, or at least he did at the time.

Hank

my war
Since I have worked with a number of homeless people I've realized that some are on hard times but can recover, while some just can't help their situation. Perhaps he's in the latter category. Sometimes there's no helping mental illness.

I like how because he disappeared that means the source must have been correct (since you're assuming he had access to all of that stuff). Did you ever read or see "Great Gatsby"? I only think of that because I just saw the movie, but it's amazing what kind of stuff is said about people that's completely fabricated. My only point is that unless you know the situation first hand, you shouldn't judge. :shrug:

Shut up, Beta.

catlingirl

Back in the 90's about 97 or so I lived in Harwood and he lived in a trailer in the same park I was living in. But a few years later he left, I was told he was evicted for not paying his rent

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

You don't know anything about this guy, but go ahead and defend him if it makes you feel superior to others and good about yourself. :yay:

To me, (and apparently a heck of a lot of others) realize he's a case of "ya can't save all the starfish." :shrug:

Grumpy

What happened to him?

Not sure, but he had been hospitalized for the past month from what I hear. Thinking back, I hadn't seen him in the past couple months. Last time I saw him, he was parked and camped out across from St John's Vianney church.

calvcopf

Not sure, but he had been hospitalized for the past month from what I hear. Thinking back, I hadn't seen him in the past couple months. Last time I saw him, he was parked and camped out across from St John's Vianney church.

Been awhile since I had seen him around.

RIP

Last edited: