Gov Sarah Palin?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'll...

One year beats 143 days by, what, 222 days? So she has WAY more experience at the executive level than their nominee for president. (who has none) Besides if you really think about it how many people actually take the time to self educate about the candidates? If she is agreeable looking, produces good sound bites and younger than McCain then it makes sense in this sound bite campaign.

..put you down for McCain. Were you voting for him before?

Kerad

Fox News Alert!!

Hillary Clinton has indeed gone ballistic, and was last seen leaning over a bridge railing in Arkansas! :killingme

She very well may be.

She's gotta be out of her mind thinking how she was denied her coronation by the Dems, only to witness an inexperienced, younger, and much prettier woman get the Republican VP slot as a PR stunt.

:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Come...

Larry - why is she a bad pick? She seems honest, conservative but will get the "I" vote as a female, famly values, semi enviromental friendly, and fiscal conservative! Why is this bad?

...on! I've written 20 posts about this in the last 5 minutes!

The BIGGEST reason against Obama is his utter lack of experience. McCain wipes that out by picking someone who is presumably ready for the job day one.

I, personally, think she sounds great and maybe that's how it will work out; she solidifies the right AND gets some moderates. From seeing a view youtubes of her, I'm worried she isn't a strong enough speaker and quick enough thinker on her feet.

I could be totally wrong about this and, frankly, will be glad to be wrong. I had not even remotely considered that he would risk giving up the experience argument.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
She very well may be.

She's gotta be out of her mind thinking how she was denied her coronation by the Dems, only to witness an inexperienced, younger, and much prettier woman get the Republican VP slot as a PR stunt.

Like Walter Mondale :shrug:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
She very well may be.

Well, you DO have to admit - her choice as VP - is an explicit example of "CHANGE"! :lmao:

The GOP has outdone the Demonrats in this category.

Kerad

...fair, then Obama's candidacy is a stunt, too.

Call it a stunt if you want, but at least he was voted into his situation.

Picking Palin shows us John McCain was far more desperate than even I imagined. And you're 100% correct on the experience issue...McCain just took his strongest argument against Obama and shoved it out the window of his "Straight Talk" (ahem) Express.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Classic!!!

Picking Palin shows us John McCain was far more desperate than even I imagined. And you're 100% correct on the experience issue...McCain just took his strongest argument against Obama and shoved it out the window of his "Straight Talk" (ahem) Express.

You started the 'stunt' bit and now wanna lay it at my feet?

How is McCain 'desperate'? She sounds fantastic, far better than Obama resume wise and experience wise. All I'm saying is she simply is inexperienced as far as being national level.

Sounds to me like this pick just made you crap your pants.

This_person

The BIGGEST reason against Obama is his utter lack of experience. McCain wipes that out by picking someone who is presumably ready for the job day one.

Like Biden brings experience to the Dem ticket (albeit as number two, not "the decision maker"), McCain has that hands down for the Republicans. She brings youth, executive experience (what little there is of it is more than both Dems combined, and on a much larger level than John's military experience), "historical achievement" by being a woman, etc., etc.

kom526

...this sure is making me think about it.

Now that the dog and pony show is just about over we can get to the real campaign. Hopefully both sides could grow up and talk about ISSUES and SOLUTIONS instead "inexperience" and "four more years of Bush" and really give the populace things to help them make this decision.

dia look

I was on the fence previously, i was leaning towards mcCain simply to avoid the whole one party controlling both branches of Congress and the White House again, like what happened the first 6 years of the Bush Presidency. With this pick my vote is McCain's to lose. She makes an excellent VP choice, plus she not only can say she beleives in somethings, like being anti-abortion, but back it up with tough personal choices in her own life. I respect that more then people screaming on either side of a picket-line. Whether I agree with her on it is immaterial at this point, I don't want someone who agrees with me on every issue, I want someone who can lead my country. If something was to happen to McCain, hopefully it won't be the first week of February, and she will have time to gain the experience she may be lacking. not that experience has shown to be all that helpful in the past.

Pandora

You started the 'stunt' bit and now wanna lay it at my feet?

How is McCain 'desperate'? She sounds fantastic, far better than Obama resume wise and experience wise. All I'm saying is she simply is inexperienced as far as being national level.

Sounds to me like this pick just made you crap your pants.

:lol: She is inexperienced but so is Obama, in fact, the Dems cannot even use that as any reason to balance the ticket.

Palin's last child has Downs and she knew this PRIOR to giving birth. I think that says an awful lot about her character....

My sister, died at age 31, was born handicapped and with many health problems unknown to my mother prior to her birth so this IS an issue I have given a great deal of thought about. Just saying that news made me think highly of her.

kom526

Why do folks get their panties in a wad over abortion (or any other single item) as an election issue?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey...

Like Biden brings experience to the Dem ticket (albeit as number two, not "the decision maker"), McCain has that hands down for the Republicans. She brings youth, executive experience (what little there is of it is more than both Dems combined, and on a much larger level than John's military experience), "historical achievement" by being a woman, etc., etc.

...as I say, she sounds great to me, though I'm hoping she can really compose herself for the Clarence Thomas lynching she's about to receive from the press.

There's a lot of good in this pick. Again though, the only real argument against Obama, and it's a big one, is inexperience. "Hey! I look and sound good! I wanna be president!" Duh, OK.

She's growing on me. Now I wanna see her in action. Her hunting skills are gonna come in handy because she's gotta face the wolves now.
Plus, the fact that she scared Kerad into losing his bowels speaks for something! :lmao:

SamSpade

I've said for some time she'd be a good pick, but in the election process, I don't know if she helps him at all. I sure wouldn't mind looking over the rationale McCain went through to pick her over all of the others.

You know, I can barely think of ANY choice he could make that couldn't be turned into something bad about McCain. You know, if he made the "safe" picks, then he's just Washington as usual - if he makes bold picks, then he is desperate.

This was kind of a bold pick.

Bavarian

Gov. Palin has executive experience, not only as Govenor but she worked her way up through lower offices. The President needs to be experienced, the Vice-President needs to do no harm. If McCain had picked a pro-abort as Veep, I would have voted thrid party. She is a good candidate, may attrack the hockey moms, just gave birth to a Down's Syndrome child. She is solid and is a true Washington outsider. She does think global warming is man-made, however.