gray horse near cook's in park hall?

bernsm

SMAWL contacted the Animal Control and they went out there yesterday. Two of our board members have dedicated all of today to work with Animal Control and get that horse out of there. Hopefully they will be successful. I will keep everyone posted. Thank you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
bernsm said:
SMAWL contacted the Animal Control and they went out there yesterday. Two of our board members have dedicated all of today to work with Animal Control and get that horse out of there. Hopefully they will be successful. I will keep everyone posted. Thank you.
:yay:

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Curious ////What did the Animal Control officer report ??
If it was bad,I imagine,they would have seized the horse yesterday.

mingiz

Horse Poor
grey horse n Park Hall

I would have called him in. But I have witnessed in the past of horses being conviscated by animal control and all that happens is that they placed it in a foster home the foster person takes care of them and the owner gets a slap on the hand or a fine plus farm cost of the animals care and gets them back. So why call if nothing will be done and the animal will be right back in the same shape. The horse has got to be atleast 20 yrs old. He has been in that field since I have owned horses. So maybe a rescue group will have better luck. But if anyone needs a long standing witness to seeing this horse this way let me know. I will be there!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
mingiz said:
I would have called him in. But I have witnessed in the past of horses being conviscated by animal control and all that happens is that they placed it in a foster home the foster person takes care of them and the owner gets a slap on the hand or a fine plus farm cost of the animals care and gets them back. So why call if nothing will be done and the animal will be right back in the same shape. The horse has got to be atleast 20 yrs old. He has been in that field since I have owned horses. So maybe a rescue group will have better luck. But if anyone needs a long standing witness to seeing this horse this way let me know. I will be there!

If you saw a dirty child falling through cracks in the floor, would you call CPS or leave him/her there?

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Is it just me,or does something sound very wrong with this horse being out there for years as some have posted,and stil nothing is done,Are the owners well known in the county ??

I tell ya,If you dont get action,let me know,I will get appyday down there with her trailer,and we will have the owners reales the horse,if it is in as bad of shape as it is written here,My brother in law owns Cooks,But have not been down that way in a while,Were exactly is this place in refference to Cooks ,if I am passing cooks on the left ?

bernsm

We are getting push-back from Animal Control. They are saying that based on a previous visit by a vet (the vet they mentioned does not recall visiting this horse), they think the horse is just old and that's why it looks the way it does. We have had 2 people see this horse up close and they say that the hips are ready to poke though his hide, you can count his ribs and that his hooves are huge and curling way up from not having been trimmed in so long. We now need support from the community. If you have seen this horse or are concerned about his welfare and want to help, please call Animal Control and complain. I figure if the community inundates them with complaints, they will have to sit up and listen. Their number is 301-475-8018. Thank you for your help.

bernsm

appyday said:
Ok this is "Diamond in the Rough" I bought her locally Oct 24 1998 first two pics were taken that day. The third was taken Jan 11 1999...RIP Diamond you were a good girl. She was in her 30's when I got her we had her 3 or 4 yrs she taught my daughter alot...

Thank you. Your pictures convince me that the horse we are trying to save is not "just old" as we are being told. What a difference you made with "Diamond" - what a lucky horse. Thanks again. I just hope we can convince Animal Control that they are way of base.

mingiz

Horse Poor
grey horse

The farm is located on the left as your going south to Cooks. After the development and across from Nach T farm main entrance. It's a big older house that sits back off the main road. Has a horse shoe drive.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
I drove by there this morning and he is still there-looking raggedy as ever. Did anything get accomplished yesterday?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
My Co worker rents a lot from this man. It is the old white house with red trim that sits back off the road just past the develpment that was the old airport just past intersection at Hermanville rd. This man and his family have a notorious history of animals that appear neglected and or are neglected. A few years ago he had goats but I do belive they were taken away. I remember my friend had said one of the goats died and they just covered it with straw on the side of the driveway and let it rot.

bernsm

Nothing accomplished. SMAWL is still trying to work with Animal Control they supposed sent a vet out there yesterday who said the horse looked fine. They have not said who they sent but they did say they were going to get two more opinons. I went by there yesterday to take a look. This horse does not move like a broken down old horse. He (or she) was trotting back and forth, head up, keeping an eye on me and my friend. Can someone tell me how to insert a picture and I will do so. The picture tells the story. Thank you.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
bernsm said:
This horse does not move like a broken down old horse. He (or she) was trotting back and forth, head up, keeping an eye on me and my friend.
Sounds like he's in good health and doesn't need someone to intervene. :shrug: