gray horse near cook's in park hall?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
If you saw a dirty child falling through cracks in the floor, would you call CPS or leave him/her there?

gray horse near cook's ... 03-24-2005 11:23 AM a child to a horse is no comparison you idiot

Hey unsigned chickenshiat, you just made my day! Thanks! :banana:

Tomcat

Anytime
Research shows that the horse in question is actually famous, and memorialized in a song:

Oh, the old grey mare,
She ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be,
The old grey mare,
She ain't what she used to be,
Many long years ago.
:whistle: :howdy: :cheers:
really though, I hope the situation is taken care of.

bernsm

Chasey_Lane said:
I'm sorry; I figured sit the vet said it looked fine, I would take his/her word on it, too. :ohwell:

We're now getting conflicting stories as to whether a vet was out there or not. SMAWL has contacted The Enterprise and they have decided to do a story on this horse and St. Mary's County Animal Control. I think that should help bring some positive results.

nomoney

think they'd let me adopt him? (I'm outta dog food)

edited to add: this was meant as a joke. I in no way meant to imply that I was out of dog food; the dogs are all eating quite well.

but it never hurts to have some extra for back up :yay:

bernsm

appyday said:
I am headed out to feed and I am pissed..I talked to animal control (the main guy) I offered to pick up and haul...house and pay for feed until he could be adoped out) He took my name and number and said thanks they are working on it..I told him he needed wet food several times a day...lets see what happens...talk to ya all later..

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
appyday said:
I am headed out to feed and I am pissed..I talked to animal control (the main guy) I offered to pick up and haul...house and pay for feed until he could be adoped out) He took my name and number and said thanks they are working on it..I told him he needed wet food several times a day...lets see what happens...talk to ya all later..
you go girl!!!

PrepH4U

OMG! That is horrible and they should not only take the horse but charge the owners for neglect. Stupid effing people! What really bothers me is that other people saw this going on and never tried to step in. I am just appalled this poor girl could go on for so long without any intervention. I believe the animal control officials should be brought up also on deriliction (sp) of duties, seeing they didn't act on this as soon as it was reported. I wish I was set up to take this poor girl, not enough pasture. She needs to be babied the rest of her life to make up for what she has been put through by the stupidity and laziness of man.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
appyday said:
OK I AM UCKING SICK AND HAVE GOOSE BUMPS..I am calling animal control right now...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UFB. :mad: I hope they come pronto and rescue that poor horse. Thanks for caring, appy. :huggy:

bernsm

appyday said:
...He said they were working on it...so I am not sure what that means...I hope someone gets him...and soon...Does not look like he has alot of time to wait.

I'm not sure what "working on it" means either because things are progressing at a snails pace at best. SMAWL has someone going by there a couple of times a day and giving this horse a "flake" of hay. The type of hay and amount was recommended to us by an individual that knows horses. We are running into the usual bureaucratic snags and "misunderstandings". It's very frustrating but SMAWL WILL NOT let go of this case. Keep calling in the complaints to Animal Control and/or call your county commisioner. Thanks to everyone.

bernsm

Appy,

Truly appreciate your input and will pass it on. The horse has only been close enough once or twice for us to get a good look/picture so can't say for sure what he's doing with the hay except that it's disappearing. The people that are feeding this guy are sort of tossing the flakes over the fence after crawling through the briars. Since we don't know the people that own the property or their mental soundness for that matter, we're trying to keep a low profile on our visits. Animal Control is not very happy with SMAWL as a result of this neglect/abuse case. You could say that we got under their skin. Thanks again.

bernsm

appyday said:
:killingme Tony probably died when I said I saw a pic of the old guy on the internet and a bunch of us were talking about him and I wanted to help out... :killingme

Yep, wish I could of seen his face. I suspect he's getting lots of calls and come Monday, if some action hasn't been taken by his office, we call his boss.