Guess what was turned in to us at 6am this morning?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
It appears this kitten became separated from Mom? I don't know the story but the guy who found it turned the kitten in to us at 6am this morning. I don't have any KMR (my guess is 4-5 weeks old) so I took some Pate canned food and mixed in warm water. It did not know anything about eating from a bowl but after a few lessons at licking from a spoon it figured it out. I ordered 2nd stage KMR on Amazon to be delivered tomorrow since I am at work all day. The kitten has an appt with Tidewater tomorrow afternoon for a health check. It may be necessary to deworm? So anyway, if anyone is looking to adopt in another 4 weeks or so once it reaches legal age? Let me know ;) . Initially the kitten stepped in the food bowl a few times but as long as it kept eating I did not care. Another reason to continue fundraising. Our direct donation link is below.

kitten2.jpg

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Wow. Complaining on another thread that you can't get donations to help a rabbit, even to a level that would pay for an euthanasia, and yet, you can afford KMR that sells for $23.99 on Amazon?

Interesting . . . . . . . . .

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

Wow. Complaining on another thread that you can't get donations to help a rabbit, even to a level that would pay for an euthanasia, and yet, you can afford KMR that sells for $23.99 on Amazon?

Interesting . . . . . . . . .
You of all people know better than to nit pick at ME about money spent on animals. No I can't pull $300 out of my pocket for a rabbit to get dental work but it was only $18 for the 2nd stage KMR, like that matters. The $42 I spent at Petsmart last night for regular KMR and canned kitten food was even more. That's what happens in rescue regularly. I either choose to keep asking for help or I give up helping animals. I choose to keep helping and if you don't want to help me that's ok but don't start being another keyboard complainer when you can just keep on scrolling. People who THINK everyone needs to hear their opinions have grossly over-valued said opinions related to the goal of helping the animal. Don't want to help? Don't, but also don't whine and pick at me FOR HELPING.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

You of all people know better than to nit pick at ME about money spent on animals. No I can't pull $300 out of my pocket for a rabbit to get dental work but it was only $18 for the 2nd stage KMR, like that matters. The $42 I spent at Petsmart last night for regular KMR and canned kitten food was even more. That's what happens in rescue regularly. I either choose to keep asking for help or I give up helping animals. I choose to keep helping and if you don't want to help me that's ok but don't start being another keyboard complainer when you can just keep on scrolling. People who THINK everyone needs to hear their opinions have grossly over-valued said opinions related to the goal of helping the animal. Don't want to help? Don't, but also don't whine and pick at me FOR HELPING.

As I said before, what you do is noble. Still . . . . Not whining, nor am I picking on you. However, it does appear you need to prioritize what animals you care for, and how much is spent on each. Because, the constant pleas for money and support, well, ....

Kittens are adorable, but so are puppies and other small furry things with four legs. I'm thinking you just need to narrow your focus a bit. That's all.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Vet said it's a SHE and weighs 1.18 lbs, appears to be healthy and just hit the 4 week old mark. I have been hand feeding KMR and canned cat food every 4 hours when home and leaving bowls with food/KMR when I go to work hoping she will try to feed herself (she does bite at the canned food). Vet said it may take another 2 weeks before she is fully eating on her own. She was kind enough to poop during the trip to the vet LOL so that poop was checked for worms and she was negative. She is being treated for worms anyway as a precaution per the vet. $140 vet trip. it adds up fast. So $18 Amazon for 2nd stage KMR, $42 at Petsmart for KMR and canned kitten food, plus the $140 and we are up to $200 already and she hasn't even had shots or been spayed yet. She is so sweet ❤️ .

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Vet said it's a SHE and weighs 1.18 lbs, appears to be healthy and just hit the 4 week old mark. I have been hand feeding KMR and canned cat food every 4 hours when home and leaving bowls with food/KMR when I go to work hoping she will try to feed herself (she does bite at the canned food). Vet said it may take another 2 weeks before she is fully eating on her own. She was kind enough to poop during the trip to the vet LOL so that poop was checked for worms and she was negative. She is being treated for worms anyway as a precaution per the vet. $140 vet trip. it adds up fast. So $18 Amazon for 2nd stage KMR, $42 at Petsmart for KMR and canned kitten food, plus the $140 and we are up to $200 already and she hasn't even had shots or been spayed yet. She is so sweet ❤️ .

I always thought that there are/were vets that did a lot of pro bono work for rescue animals, or at least a substantial discount?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I always thought that there are/were vets that did a lot of pro bono work for rescue animals, or at least a substantial discount?
They are few and far between due to the sheer VOLUME of animals in need that pass through rescues. Even if each vet donated 1/2 a day of free services, there are also the supplies needed to be paid for. There is grant money that comes available but you need someone skilled in applying for grants to have a chance to get any of it and the groups that have that help hold on tight to their connections to be sure others don't lessen their pot of gold funding. I'll be broke forever unless I find a good grant Application helper to get more funding.

black dog

Free America
We used to have a huge ferral cat and a crazy rabbit lady that let loose a hundred or so domestic rabbits in town. Every 32 days or so a new litter from the females, the problem escalated quickly. That and a few hundred ferral cats, It was a big problem in our small town of 4,800 folks.
We have no animal control.
The city didnt get involved.
The cure, a few good citizens with traps and loads of more helicopters.

All towns and cities out here are over run with ferral cats.

We have a mini pig rescue thats local, it started with a few pigs. It went non profit also.
Now its over a hundred mini pigs and they are overwelmed with the care and feeding.

I get what you do, its noble.
As an outsider looking in, that last couple hundred spent on a 4 week old kitten, and a domestic rabbits teeth.
Would have been better spent at your local SPCA.
Oh and most likely that kitten should have been left where its mother left her. They do leave and go grab lunch on occasion.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
This girl eats a lot and cries for attention a lot. I wish she had a sibling for company. She will be well socialized by the time she gets adopted since she is being hand fed and is meeting other cats, dogs, and eventually also the chickens.
We used to have a huge ferral cat and a crazy rabbit lady that let loose a hundred or so domestic rabbits in town. Every 32 days or so a new litter from the females, the problem escalated quickly. That and a few hundred ferral cats, It was a big problem in our small town of 4,800 folks.

We have a mini pig rescue thats local, it started with a few pigs. It went non profit also.
Now its over a hundred mini pigs and they are overwelmed with the care and feeding.

As an outsider looking in, that last couple hundred spent on a 4 week old kitten, and a domestic rabbits teeth.
Oh and most likely that kitten should have been left where its mother left her. They do leave and go grab lunch on occasion.
The kitten was found at a construction site and the guys that are there daily working said there have not been any sightings of any other cats and she is not a feral kitten at all. Bun Bun is very sweet. He was obviously raised around people and is used to being handled which makes him a great candidate as a pet for a family with children. Spreading money thinly to do more is what I used to do when I was trapping/fixing feral cats. Even then each cat set me back by $90 for the males and $130 for the females and that included Rabies and Distemper Vaccines but I could not afford to get the FIV/FELV test for them all so would test one or 2 from the same colony and if negative I would feel relieved. I STILL have a few feral cats in my care that are seniors now. I do not accept every animal people want to hand over because I can't handle them all. I do my best to help people rehome pets they can't keep but ultimately rescues get full just like shelters do, and once we hit our limit we have so say no. I hit my limit on cats many years ago, so this is the first cat I have accepted in years and ultimately this girl will be available for adoption so she will make some person/family very happy.

black dog

Free America
This girl eats a lot and cries for attention a lot. I wish she had a sibling for company. She will be well socialized by the time she gets adopted since she is being hand fed and is meeting other cats, dogs, and eventually also the chickens.

The kitten was found at a construction site and the guys that are there daily working said there have not been any sightings of any other cats and she is not a feral kitten at all. Bun Bun is very sweet. He was obviously raised around people and is used to being handled which makes him a great candidate as a pet for a family with children. Spreading money thinly to do more is what I used to do when I was trapping/fixing feral cats. Even then each cat set me back by $90 for the males and $130 for the females and that included Rabies and Distemper Vaccines but I could not afford to get the FIV/FELV test for them all so would test one or 2 from the same colony and if negative I would feel relieved. I STILL have a few feral cats in my care that are seniors now. I do not accept every animal people want to hand over because I can't handle them all. I do my best to help people rehome pets they can't keep but ultimately rescues get full just like shelters do, and once we hit our limit we have so say no. I hit my limit on cats many years ago, so this is the first cat I have accepted in years and ultimately this girl will be available for adoption so she will make some person/family very happy.
LOL.

Kinnakeet

so far 2 ladies at work are smitten with this little cutie

View attachment 170547

Shoot them cats

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That little Pixie accessorizes very well with that blouse! Have you named her yet?
I know right - I noticed that when I looked at the pictures lol - I guess we do need to give her a name hmm. I thought it was a boy by how much of a roughneck it seems to be playing and biting .... not shy at all.