Gun Control Middle Ground. Possible?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You can use whatever semantics you want to try to justify it but at the end of the day you are saying your right to own as many guns as you want with no restrictions is more important then the safety and lives of children at school, people at concerts, malls and movie theaters.

BINGO! That is correct. Events, as terrible as they may be, beyond our control, does not mean we lose our rights.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
your right to own as many guns as you want with no restrictions is more important then the safety and lives of children at school, people at concerts, malls and movie theaters.

Close..but not entirely correct. My right to own thousands of guns, if I wish, has absolutely no effect on the safety and lives of children, no matter where they are, except, perhaps, for the rare instance when I might find myself in the position of needing to protect them.

Sapidus

Close..but not entirely correct. My right to own thousands of guns, if I wish, has absolutely no effect on the safety and lives of children, no matter where they are, except, perhaps, for the rare instance when I might find myself in the position of needing to protect them.

Untrue as proven by the slaughter of innocent children weekly in this country.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Which one of my firearms did that? I'll go destroy that one right now.

Say...shortbus...I couldn't help but notice your remarkable transformation over the last couple of weeks: From "common sense gun control" advocate to "repeal 2A and confiscate all firearms" advocate.

Yr a real fast mover. Or a total flake, fraud and internet tool.

Hmmm..which one could it be?..pondering..pondering..

Last edited:

Hijinx

The facts are these. There is no Middle of the Road.

The gun banners will not be happy until all guns are banned, and the gun owners insist correctly that gun ownership shall not be infringed.

That's actually the way it stands.

The gun banners are perfectly happy with killing thousands of Americans and destroying families as long as it isn't their family.
They will not come to get your guns they will send others who have guns to do that.

America, Land of the free, Home of the brave.
And that is the problem, not enough Americans are brave any longer. They are frightened anti-gunners.
Not many Americans want Freedom, they want safety.
Anyone who gives up Freedom for Safety, will end up with neither.
They do not join the military, They do not become Police Officers.
They cower in their beds and wait for someone else to protect them.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I know another thing that would stop them with much fewer casualties.

Remove the weapon.

So, I own an AR. I also own a few other firearms. I have committed no crimes with any of them. How do you propose to remove that weapon from me? How do you propose to remove all of these weapons that exist in this country? These are not rhetorical questions. I would really like for you to be specific about how the weapon will be "removed" to stop the next mass shooting?

SamSpade

Nice, sentimental, emotional argument which has no basis in fact - or reality.

Gun homicides are down in this country, as they have been for years. Decades.
Number of GUNS however, has been growing - for years.
Moreover - there are a lot more PEOPLE in this country - so the likelihood of being shot by a gun has decreased as well.

If more guns means more gun death - why don't the numbers agree?

PsyOps

Pixelated

Moreover - there are a lot more PEOPLE in this country - so the likelihood of being shot by a gun has decreased as well.

Those pesky facts get in the way of their desire for our lives to be controlled by someone else. The argument from the left has nothing to do with curbing violence or mass shootings; it has to do with the people, in general, cannot be trusted with something as dangerous as a gun. It scares them to death knowing there are ordinary citizens out there with guns. And they cannot live life scared.

This_person

But, but, but but but.... I seen'd it on the NEWS! There are more killings than they used to report, so they must have gone up!

black dog

Free America
Anyone heading to the Creek for the weekend?
My understanding is, They already shut down the camp ground because the lower lot is too wet to park in. I guess parking will be in the campground.