Harvey Weinstein

Hijinx

going back to the 1990's ...
Sen. Packwood from Oregon
- worked with and was generally regarded as a 'good guy' by democrats ... he supported Abortion Rights

I mean come on Oregon isn't Texas

anyway Old Bob had a habit of 'kissing' and hugging women when he would meet then, instead of maybe a hand shake
women tolerated this because Old Bob supported Liberal Causes
anyhow at some point democrats decided they needed Old Bob's Seat and he was vulnerable
so out came the 'sexual harassment' claims, unwanted kissing / hugs etc ... threats from the ethics committee for am investigation

Old Bob Left in disgrace .... Ron Wyden Democrat has held the seat since

as long as you are useful you are tolerated ... I mean really, how else do you explain Teddy K :shrug:

so the Modern Era we have;

3rd Wave Feminists ....
Intersectionality ....
Muslim Apologists ....

somewhere Weinstien reached his expiration date .... now Afleck is in trouble, and I believe it ain't over by a long shot

Good Post Gurps. It's spot on.

Hijinx

When Weinstein needs money and writes his tell all book we will get a list of all those who didn't refuse his attention, I suspect some of those who say they didn't----did.

Grumpy

I am kind of curious who Harvey pissed off. Normally, Dems protect their rich folks. For the ultra-liberal NYT to do this hit piece (undoubtedly true), there has to be more to the story.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am kind of curious who Harvey pissed off. Normally, Dems protect their rich folks. For the ultra-liberal NYT to do this hit piece (undoubtedly true), there has to be more to the story.

Yep. I, too, am dying to know the rest of the story. Usually they circle the wagons and the press refuses to report it. Weinstein must have pissed somebody off for them to all turn on him like a wolf pack.

SamSpade

Yep. I, too, am dying to know the rest of the story. Usually they circle the wagons and the press refuses to report it. Weinstein must have pissed somebody off for them to all turn on him like a wolf pack.

That's strange, I've had the same thought this past week. As I've said before, the casting couch is a well known fixture in Hollywood and everyone knows about it.
There has to be SOME reason why this came out NOW.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Ronan Farrow (stepson to perv Woody Allen) pitched the story to NBC news first. Boss man Noah Oppenheim spiked it due to a "lack of evidence. Noah is also an Emmy award winning screenwriter (let that sink in) who is ready to get back to H'wood and writing. You really don't have to guess had a hand in Noah's success. There was no way he was going to have a hand in killing his golden goose.

Added: Oppenheim is now denying he spiked the story.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
going back to the 1990's ...
Sen. Packwood from Oregon
- worked with and was generally regarded as a 'good guy' by democrats ... he supported Abortion Rights

I mean come on Oregon isn't T

C'mon. As recently as this past January the Vice President of these United States was a notorious "hugger and squeezer" of any body with two XX chromosomes within 10 feet.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
C'mon. As recently as this past January the Vice President of these United States was a notorious "hugger and squeezer" of any body with two XX chromosomes within 10 feet.

was he 'known' for working with democrats across the isle supporting feminists with abortion rights

Hijinx

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Weinstein Finally Speaks: “We All Make Mistakes…”

"Guys, I’m not doing OK but I’m trying. I gotta get help. I’m hanging in, I’m trying my best," said Weinstein..."You know, we all make mistakes…. Second chance, I hope." And he told the throng of paparazzi, "And you know I've always been loyal to you guys, not like those f*cking pr*cks who treat you like sh*t. I've been the good guy."

I can appreciate that some actors willingly participated in this type of behavior, but when kids were taken advantage of, thrown to the wolves by their parents, this was not a mistake. There is no amount of counseling that can right this wrong. It's not a DUI.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22190/harvey-finally-speaks-joseph-curl#

officeguy

A 'mistake' is using a soup spoon to stir your coffee. Systemstically abusing your job position to get laid is not a 'mistake'.

What a slimeball.

Hijinx

in other words, everyone knew exactly what he was doing and didn't give a crap as long as the money kept rolling in.

And it was kept quiet.

I don't see the problem. Any woman that went before this guy knew he was a perv. How many went , made the deal and moved on?

Since it took so long to come out---probably a lot of them.

terbear1225

And it was kept quiet.

I don't see the problem. Any woman that went before this guy knew he was a perv. How many went , made the deal and moved on?

Since it took so long to come out---probably a lot of them.

and how many had the talent to have a decent career but never had the chance because they refused?

Hijinx

and how many had the talent to have a decent career but never had the chance because they refused?

Hard to say. Like the Bible says many are called but few are chosen.
Not a good answer, but it seems to be the way it is in Hollywood.
Pretty sure many went home disappointed, ---pretty sure some put out and still didn't get a job.
Some if they had real talent may have found a decent agency.

It's a crap shoot I guess.

IMO this will slowly fade away and Hollywood will go right back to the casting couch---like they always have.
Leopards don't change their spots.

Do you think this isn't happening in New York shows?