Harvey Weinstein

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
in other words, everyone knew exactly what he was doing and didn't give a crap as long as the money kept rolling in.

Something like that, yes.

What annoys me most is all those braying asses fainting in the streets over a dumb comment Trump made, all the while covering and enabling a real sexual predator. This is why I hate the Left.

glhs837

Power with Control
"Wait, was I NOT supposed to toss off into the potted plant in front of that lady? The rules, soooo hard to understand"

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
image.jpeg

littlelady

God bless the USA

I know that politicians are corrupt. That is why they become politicians. Power and all. But, it still sends shivers down my spine that Bill was conducting himself in that way in the most important office in the World. We will never know if it has happened before; well we do know with Kennedy, but, at least, he did not do 'it' in the Oval Office. There will be many things We never know. But, bottom line is Bill and Hill Clinton are disgusting. No question about that.

God bless, America!

Hijinx

I know that politicians are corrupt. That is why they become politicians. Power and all. But, it still sends shivers down my spine that Bill was conducting himself in that way in the most important office in the World. We will never know if it has happened before; well we do know with Kennedy, but, at least, he did not do 'it' in the Oval Office. There will be many things We never know. But, bottom line is Bill and Hill Clinton are disgusting. No question about that.

God bless, America!

I would not want to take a bet that Kennedy never did it in the Oval office.
I would say the odds are pretty good that he did.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I would not want to take a bet that Kennedy never did it in the Oval office.
I would say the odds are pretty good that he did.

Why do you pick Kennedy as a comparison? There have been many more presidents after him. From what I know about gov (and, yes, there is a lot we don't know), how in the world would sexual incidents go on in the office of the most powerful person in the world, when gov members are constantly knocking on the door? Just wondering. It is all so weird. If that is the case, Americans are screwed; so to speak.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Harvey got exposed because he’s not profitable anymore

I had gone to dinner with a friend who was in town for the upfronts (the big annual congregation where television network executives fly in from Los Angeles and present their upcoming slates of new shows). He worked at United Talent Agency and was psyched when I scored us an 8 p.m. reservation at the hottest place in town, Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Spice Market, unfortunately, next to a table of three drunk and loud television executives, one of whom I knew headed up a cable network.

“I need a hooker while I’m in town,” one man quasi-yelled.

“Dude — the top-shelf whores go for $1,000 an hour, $5,000 a night,” the cable exec bragged to his friends.

“That’s all? All night?”

“All night — whatever you want — and these are working actresses.”

“No way — who are we talking about?”

The executive, in between ordering more bottles of Patron silver, proceeded to bray out the names of women who were indeed working actresses as well as models — including one woman who was cast in a show on his network. He was her boss.

“How do you think she got the job?” the executive joked, as the others high-fived him.
That incident always ate at me — it was the crystallization of just how lousy it is out there for women trying to either get a job, do their job or advance in one of the most powerful industries in America.

Hijinx

Why do you pick Kennedy as a comparison? There have been many more presidents after him. From what I know about gov (and, yes, there is a lot we don't know), how in the world would sexual incidents go on in the office of the most powerful person in the world, when gov members are constantly knocking on the door? Just wondering. It is all so weird. If that is the case, Americans are screwed; so to speak.

You mentioned Kennedy, I just stated that I was pretty sure he did it in the Oval office.

Hijinx

Harvey got exposed because he’s not profitable anymore

I had gone to dinner with a friend who was in town for the upfronts (the big annual congregation where television network executives fly in from Los Angeles and present their upcoming slates of new shows). He worked at United Talent Agency and was psyched when I scored us an 8 p.m. reservation at the hottest place in town, Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Spice Market, unfortunately, next to a table of three drunk and loud television executives, one of whom I knew headed up a cable network.

“I need a hooker while I’m in town,” one man quasi-yelled.

“Dude — the top-shelf whores go for $1,000 an hour, $5,000 a night,” the cable exec bragged to his friends.

“That’s all? All night?”

“All night — whatever you want — and these are working actresses.”

“No way — who are we talking about?”

The executive, in between ordering more bottles of Patron silver, proceeded to bray out the names of women who were indeed working actresses as well as models — including one woman who was cast in a show on his network. He was her boss.

“How do you think she got the job?” the executive joked, as the others high-fived him.
That incident always ate at me — it was the crystallization of just how lousy it is out there for women trying to either get a job, do their job or advance in one of the most powerful industries in America.

Yes it's tough for the girls looking for a job legitimately, but there are a lot of them who get their jobs this way and make plenty of money doing it.

Too bad they don't wear a sign that lets the dogs in the business know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Yeah, not buying. Women are powerful in Hollywood, too. Not only stars, but female executives, studio heads, SAG presidents...I mean, come on. So you eat #### when you're starting out, but what about after you've made it and have an enormous public following and voice? What about after you get powerful - in fact more powerful than the men you blew as a staircase to the top? That's when you rat them out and make them pay, under the guise of "exposing the toxic culture of the patriarchy" or some such.

Yet NONE of those powerful women did that. And when a few starlets complained, not a single one of these powerful women came to her defense. Not a single one of them said, "I'm making a movie, you can come work with me."

So perhaps it's true that Weinstein got outed because he's no longer profitable, but the silence was damn sure NOT because poor widdle wimmins have no power to fend off the big strong mens. That's complete and total bull####.

Hijinx

Yeah, not buying. Women are powerful in Hollywood, too. Not only stars, but female executives, studio heads, SAG presidents...I mean, come on. So you eat #### when you're starting out, but what about after you've made it and have an enormous public following and voice? What about after you get powerful - in fact more powerful than the men you blew as a staircase to the top? That's when you rat them out and make them pay, under the guise of "exposing the toxic culture of the patriarchy" or some such.

Yet NONE of those powerful women did that. And when a few starlets complained, not a single one of these powerful women came to her defense. Not a single one of them said, "I'm making a movie, you can come work with me."

So perhaps it's true that Weinstein got outed because he's no longer profitable, but the silence was damn sure NOT because poor widdle wimmins have no power to fend off the big strong mens. That's complete and total bull####.

You have a good point. Here is an article about Jane Fonda.

http://time.com/4981011/jane-fonda-ashamed-harvey-weinstein/

She lies of course. Claims she just found out a year ago. That part is funny.
The she says she is ashamed she didn't rat Harvey out.
She wasn't ashamed sitting on that Viet Cong AA gun . She was plenty brave then
What a POS.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You have a good point. Here is an article about Jane Fonda.

http://time.com/4981011/jane-fonda-ashamed-harvey-weinstein/

She lies of course. Claims she just found out a year ago. That part is funny.
The she says she is ashamed she didn't rat Harvey out.
She wasn't ashamed sitting on that Viet Cong AA gun . She was plenty brave then
What a POS.

OMG - what a freaking partybot.

“If we all talked and told then they’d be too afraid to do it I think, I hope,” she added, though she also said that she fears that President Donald Trump’s election will have an emboldening effect. Fonda speculated that men may think, “our president does it, and he got elected even after people discovered that he was an abuser, so I'm just going to go ahead and do what I want to do."

Love how she blames Donald Trump for Hollywood's rape culture. Stupid bitch.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Where are the “pussy hat” marchers over Weinstein?

Where are the women? Where are the pink “pussy hats”?

Why are they not marching to take up the cause of sexual harassment in the work place after the Harvey Weinstein revelations?In January 500,000 people marched in Washington and millions across the US to advocate for gender equality on President Donald Trump’s first full day in office.

They wore pink knitted beanies with cat ears, called “pussy hats,” as a symbol of solidarity among protestors.

Today there is no reaction from the left as it is one of their own being accused of sexual harassment. Weinstein was a big contributor to the Democratic party and its candidates.

Hillary Clinton had this to say over the weekend to a British news channel: “Look, we just elected someone who admitted sexual assault to the presidency. So there’s a lot of other issues that are swirling around these kinds of behaviors that need to be addressed.”

Lisa Bloom, who is the daughter of Gloria Allred — who has represented women against powerful men charged with sexual harassment — was advising Weinstein as the news was breaking of a New York Times piece was about to be published.

Hijinx

Lisa Bloom, who is the daughter of Gloria Allred — who has represented women against powerful men charged with sexual harassment — was advising Weinstein as the news was breaking of a New York Times piece was about to be published.

Their only real principle being cash money.