Help - Animal Stuck!!

Cowgirl

:roflmao: I'm picturing Chasey with a spray can of Pam in one hand and cat food in the other trying to spray him and tossing him kibble.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a possum stuck in my crawlspace access. I think he's been there for a few days. My little dog has been barking non-stop and he usually doesn't. Now I know why.

Is there anyone in the Lexington Park area that I can call? I don't know how long this little guy has been there, but he's probably hungry. I just gave him some dog food.

Help!!!!

Did you try rubbing this possum down with vaseline to get him out of your crawlspace ? :shrug:

somdfunguy

not impressed
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Mmm smoked possum wrapped in bacon. Now that's good eats!

somdfunguy

not impressed
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

If you don't have a smoker try this one.

APPLE-ROASTED OPOSSUM Parboil a young, cleaned possum until nearly tender in salted water. Stuff with any favorite dressing. Place possum on rack in roaster, cover with strips of bacon. Into bottom of roaster pour 3 cups water in which have been dissolved 1 tablespoon each sugar and lemon juice. Bake at 350 degrees for about 2 hours. Drain all but about 1 cup liquid from pan. Surround possum with pared, quartered apples; sprinkle apples with mixture of 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Continue roasting for half an hour, or until possum is tender. Serves 3-4.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Southern Baked Possum (oppossum) With

SOUTHERN BAKED POSSUM (OPPOSSUM) WITH SWEET TATERS

1 fat possum
Salt & pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 c. water
5 strips bacon
2 lg. onions
1 tbsp. celery leaves
1 lg. can mushrooms
5 lg. sweet taters, cut in halves
3 tbsp. lard
1 tbsp. chopped parsley

Nail head of possum to a board, just a little larger than the possum. Skin it. Make paste of lard, salt, pepper and rub over entire possum. Fill cavity with onions, garlic, chopped parsley and celery leaves. Place possum and board on rack in roasting pan. Lay 5 strips of bacon across breast. Add water and mushrooms. Add water as needed. Surround the possum with sweet taters. Leave uncovered.

Bake in oven (300 to 350 degrees) until tender. Baste every 15 minutes. To determine when done, pull leg away from body. When done, throw away the possum and taters and eat the board.

T

toppick08

SOUTHERN BAKED POSSUM (OPPOSSUM) WITH SWEET TATERS

1 fat possum
Salt & pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 c. water
5 strips bacon
2 lg. onions
1 tbsp. celery leaves
1 lg. can mushrooms
5 lg. sweet taters, cut in halves
3 tbsp. lard
1 tbsp. chopped parsley

Nail head of possum to a board, just a little larger than the possum. Skin it. Make paste of lard, salt, pepper and rub over entire possum. Fill cavity with onions, garlic, chopped parsley and celery leaves. Place possum and board on rack in roasting pan. Lay 5 strips of bacon across breast. Add water and mushrooms. Add water as needed. Surround the possum with sweet taters. Leave uncovered.

Bake in oven (300 to 350 degrees) until tender. Baste every 15 minutes. To determine when done, pull leg away from body. When done, throw away the possum and taters and eat the board.

Just like cleaning a catfish..:yahoo:

Turtle is better than possum........just saying..:lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Chasey do you think spraying him with pam or something would help him ease out. :shrug:

He's not stuck like that. He fell into my crawlspace access. He's on the outside of the house in a hole surrounded by metal. I have no way of "scooping" him out. Hhhhmmm, wait...shovel...

PrepH4U

He's not stuck like that. He fell into my crawlspace access. He's on the outside of the house in a hole surrounded by metal. I have no way of "scooping" him out. Hhhhmmm, wait...shovel...

or maybe a board so he can use it as a ramp :shrug:

When I was about 11-12 years old, we found a live baby possum crawling on his momma who was :dead: from a car. The baby was about 2 1/2 inches long. We brought him home and raised him to full grown. We had to teach him how to catch crickets and such... then we took him to a wildlife refuge and let him loose when he was grown...I miss my 'Possum so....:bawl:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
When I was about 11-12 years old, we found a live baby possum crawling on his momma who was :dead: from a car. The baby was about 2 1/2 inches long. We brought him home and raised him to full grown. We had to teach him how to catch crickets and such... then we took him to a wildlife refuge and let him loose when he was grown...I miss my 'Possum so....:bawl:

I'll bet Carlos is a cousin of your long lost family member. :smile:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Do you have a big fishing net or a metal crabbing one?

I was going to say a fishing pole, but not with a hook, maybe a little makeshift basket or bucket on the end and put some food in it and wait for him to crawl in then, FISH ON. :killingme