Hogg Slam Opponents as Old People Dying Off on the 'Wrong Side' of History

SamSpade

Was the civil rights march a mob?

The civil rights MARCHES - because they were continual - worked but it was largely because they had a message that resonated with everyone, it was not antagonistic and it actually had an agenda it wanted to accomplish, with specific requests and legislation.

But the number of large marches on Washington are *legion* - and they don't accomplish a damned thing.

I *have* done walks to raise money, mostly for brain cancer, which strikes close to home - it's taken many family members.

If you think "marching" for political causes is "doing something", by all means, waste your time.
I have seen far too many to think it does a thing.

You are the reason nothing changes. You sit at home and complain

You don't know a thing about me. I'm a voice on the Internet that you pule about.
*I* am the reason nothing changes - and being a jackass towards everyone - motivates them otherwise?
So - *I* am the reason you can't do anything?

I will say this - I do give my time and money, but generally, not to political causes. That is not the help people need.
I give them to people in need, both time and money and I've worked myself ceaselessly.
Statistically, that IS one of the differences between a liberal and a conservative - a liberal wants to make change through politics,
but not in person. When it comes to actual help for the poor and needy, the data show that conservatives are TWICE as likely to show up.

Sapidus

Pssst...slow kid....what's the voting age in this country?

I generally refer to anyone who is eligible to still be on their parents insurance as a kid. Thanks Obama!

Try using logic before you try to prove how clever you are.

There is a reason it always back fires

Sapidus

The civil rights MARCHES - because they were continual - worked but it was largely because they had a message that resonated with everyone, it was not antagonistic and it actually had an agenda it wanted to accomplish, with specific requests and legislation.

BS. If that were the case why would anyone bother marching? If the message resonated with everyone the legislation would change by popular demand and by ensuring your candidates represented you.

Is this your first week in this country?

But the number of large marches on Washington are *legion* - and they don't accomplish a damned thing.

I *have* done walks to raise money, mostly for brain cancer, which strikes close to home - it's taken many family members.

If you think "marching" for political causes is "doing something", by all means, waste your time.
I have seen far too many to think it does a thing.

You don't know a thing about me. I'm a voice on the Internet that you pule about.
*I* am the reason nothing changes - and being a jackass towards everyone - motivates them otherwise?
So - *I* am the reason you can't do anything?

I will say this - I do give my time and money, but generally, not to political causes. That is not the help people need.
I give them to people in need, both time and money and I've worked myself ceaselessly.
Statistically, that IS one of the differences between a liberal and a conservative - a liberal wants to make change through politics,
but not in person. When it comes to actual help for the poor and needy, the data show that conservatives are TWICE as likely to show up.

BS.

You can show up and feed the hungry for a day or you can teach a man to fish by changing the laws that keep the man poor.

The first you do for yourself. The second you do for the person

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
BS.

You can show up and feed the hungry for a day or you can teach a man to fish by changing the laws that keep the man poor.

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

Midnightrider

not really, there were plenty of Americans with whom the civil rights marches did not resonate, and for those people it was VERY antagonistic.

SamSpade

yep, there is no doubt that this protest will have little real impact. They aren't going to get any national gun bans passed in this congress and it is doubtful they will have enough impact to change the balance of power in congress in this election cycle. This protest will have about the same end result as the womens march.

I went through a number of lists online of large "marches" in the United States. They don't do much. Many have long been forgotten.
The idea that a protest has any effect at large is like when Jack Black tells the kids in "School of Rock" that "one great rock show can change the world".
I laughed. It's funny. Because it never has.

My niece went to last year's Women's March. Hat and all. In truth, she was there because she doesn't like Trump. She had no other agenda.
Other relatives were in Occupy Wall Street. I have no idea what they accomplished. I remember the Million Man March. The March for Science.
My mom sometimes goes to the March for Life, but in almost fifty years, they haven't accomplished much.

SamSpade

not really, there were plenty of Americans with whom the civil rights marches did not resonate, and for those people it was VERY antagonistic.

(shrug) - I was old enough to remember. Watching the water cannons and dogs and Sheriff Clark. And seeing the nation recoil in shock.
Yeah. They had opposition (umm, largely from Democrats). But the country was with them.

black dog

Free America
They rallied hundreds of thousands while you crapped your diaper and foamed at the mouth about them being crisis actors.

I bet they accomplished more in 5 weeks than you have in your whole life.

I think not. Most of those kids don't even have jobs yet, for if they did, they wouldn't be traveling around wearing expensive clothes. They would be back at home going to school and work.
This kid, My Kid pictured below in the middle facing right, Has done more for his country in the last three weeks than all of those adolescent crybabys on the radio and tv have ever done.

photo0.jpg

SamSpade

BS.

Or you can take them into your home - and care for them.

I don't see "laws" fixing poverty. If that were true, after fifty years, the war on poverty wouldn't be losing ground.

Midnightrider

(shrug) - I was old enough to remember. Watching the water cannons and dogs and Sheriff Clark. And seeing the nation recoil in shock.
Yeah. They had opposition (umm, largely from whites). But the country was with them.
:fixed:

the country was not largely with them at first. Supporters were an extreme minority in the beginning. The point being they did not have the full support of the country. If they did there would have been no need for marching in the first place

SamSpade

When was the last time you rallied 400,000+ and had national coverage on every television station and newspaper in the country?

CBS News puts it at peak 206,000.
Or slightly smaller than Stewart and Colbert's "March for Sanity and/or Fear".
It will accomplish about as much.

SamSpade

(umm, largely from whites)

You think they could have done anything without white people supporting it? My mom's family were Freedom Riders.
The ones who voted against Civil Rights Act were almost entirely southern Democrats.

the country was not largely with them at first. Supporters were an extreme minority in the beginning. The point being they did not have the full support of the country. If they did there would have been no need for marching in the first place

They couldn't gain traction IN THE SOUTH. Once it was a national issue, it worked. Outside the South, the nation was with them.

Midnightrider

You think they could have done anything without white people supporting it? My mom's family were Freedom Riders.
The ones who voted against Civil Rights Act were almost entirely southern Democrats.

They couldn't gain traction IN THE SOUTH. Once it was a national issue, it worked. Outside the South, the nation was with them.

BS. It was a nationwide issue that was worse in the south.

you can try to make this a D v R argument but it isn't. Its white and black. as plane as it can be. Besides those southern democrats would likely be registered as republicans these days

SamSpade

. Besides those southern democrats would likely be registered as republicans these days

I knew you'd go there.
For some reason, liberals can't accept that THEIR party was the one that was racist, that created the KKK and opposed Civil Rights.
They have to support this notion that all those Southern Democrats jumped ship and became Republicans.

Yeah, that's why people like Robert Byrd, James Fulbright, Al Gore Sr and Sam Ervin - they all "defected" afterward?
They were Democrats, and remained so.