Holiday Dinners

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I made an awesome chicken zucchini casserole for Thing1 and I tonight! Leftovers for Monday night, too.

I'd planned ribeye steaks for the grill a month ago - little did I know it would be sub-zero temps. :ohwell: Still having them, though! :yahoo:

I'm also making roasted, smashed potatoes and broccoli cheese casserole. This year Thing2 should be home for dinner - the past couple of years he's gotten mandatoried for OT.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Dammit.
The maid didn't clean up the kitchen last night.

Oh wait. It's Christmas. No maid service.

Oh wait. I don't have maid service.

Dammit.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This bad boy getting ready to go in the smoker...

ribroast.jpg

PeoplesElbow

Tonight was cold shrimp cocktail, quail stuffed with wild rice, chardonnay and pumpkin pie/whipped cream.

The quail was interesting, mild flavor, but practically no meat on it, and LOTS of little bones. They were so small I think I got 1/2 tablespoon of rice in them... :lol:
Guessing you didnt shove your hand up their keister?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We're having stuffed ham, noodle salad, asparigus, and deviled eggs. Now I know why they're called "deviled". I had to say a prayer of forgiveness for my language while peeling them.

rio

We're having stuffed ham, noodle salad, asparigus, and deviled eggs. Now I know why they're called "deviled". I had to say a prayer of forgiveness for my language while peeling them.
Them little eggshell slivers are a devil to to get off and can cut like the devil too, huh?

PeoplesElbow

I haven't had any problem peeling eggs once I started giving them a bath in ice water for 10-20 min after taking them out of the hot water.
I accidently found out it's almost impossible to over boil an egg, eggs were on for 45 minutes and were really easy to peel.

Now it's in the pressure cooker, also works perfect.

frequentflier

happy to be living
A good friend and I had a delightful day together playing scrabble and sharing food. Veggie platter with garlic hummus while we waited for the turkey in oven bag to bake. She was disappointed in her gravy from the drippings (not a fan oven bags!) but we enjoyed sweet potatoes, lots of smashed spuds, asparagus, canned cranberry loaf and stuffing I created with sage sausage, celery, onions, raisins, walnuts, orange and apple. She also made a family recipe with carrots, brown sugar and ginger.
Soup stock on stove for a few hours, will put together a pot of turkey noodle soup tomorrow.
YUM

Last edited:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Rib roast has been in the sous vide all day, just about ready to take it out and crust it on the rotisserie outside. Prepared a seasoned butter mix to bast it in. Been looking forward to this all week.

Potato baking in the oven that will become mashed 'taters, asparagus, drippings into gravy.

Reactions: rio

rio

I just used the leftover shrimp from last night to make fried rice. Have enough of that leftover for lunch tomorrow.