Holiday Pet Portraits To Benefit Second Hope Rescu

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
:howdy: Hope I see you there!!!

BS Gal,
We will have a back room set up to take the pictures and can be closed off from any commotion that may be happening outside... :yay:

Rassie gets incredibly nervous and will crap on the floor and I will :barf: if I have to clean it up. She can't handle ANY commotion. Yoda, on the other hand, will be a clown and I can bring the boy and he can clean up any issues.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I have a family obligation at 1 pm in Ches. Beach, but we're gonna shoot to be down there around 11:30. I just hope they cooperate. The Boxers will be okay, I think, but I'm bringing my old labby/hound. He's deaf and doesn't see well but he's a good boy.

I have it on my little notepad so I'll try to be there at 11:30. :clap: It would be fun to have them all in a pic. Rass will be in the car unless you are willing to pick up her poop. And I'll have to Xanex her, which I HATE to do.

I have it on my little notepad so I'll try to be there at 11:30. :clap: It would be fun to have them all in a pic. Rass will be in the car unless you are willing to pick up her poop. And I'll have to Xanex her, which I HATE to do.

I'm just gonna throw this out there....

I visit with some friends in NY who have a very exuberant dog also. When we all go for a walk, he's just nutz, and barfs if he has any drinks when he gets home.

If I get there when no one is home, I take the pup for a walk. It's very different. He becomes very passive, reserved, I guess he's just not sure about the whole thing. Mommy and daddy aren't there. He just kinda looks at me like "aren't we going home yet? Where's mom and dad?" He absolutely trusts me, it's just different.

Ok, so the point is: would Rassie be the same if someone other than you or DR took her and handled her before the pics ? Not offering necessarily, just asking.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Doggie poop don't phase me. See you tomorrow. :yay:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Rassie gets incredibly nervous and will crap on the floor and I will :barf: if I have to clean it up. She can't handle ANY commotion. Yoda, on the other hand, will be a clown and I can bring the boy and he can clean up any issues.

If Rassie poops on the floor- be assured it will not be the 1st time it has been done in the store- nor will it be the last! We have plenty of paper towels and a mop handy! :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I'm just gonna throw this out there....

I visit with some friends in NY who have a very exuberant dog also. When we all go for a walk, he's just nutz, and barfs if he has any drinks when he gets home.

If I get there when no one is home, I take the pup for a walk. It's very different. He becomes very passive, reserved, I guess he's just not sure about the whole thing. Mommy and daddy aren't there. He just kinda looks at me like "aren't we going home yet? Where's mom and dad?" He absolutely trusts me, it's just different.

Ok, so the point is: would Rassie be the same if someone other than you or DR took her and handled her before the pics ? Not offering necessarily, just asking.

She would be terrified if we handed her over to someone else. I don't know if it's just her personality or something happened to her in her life previous to when we got her, or if it had something to do with living with the same family for 8 years and being dumped at a shelter. :shrug: She doesn't handle any kind of stress well at all. Yoda, on the other hand, is exhuberant wherever he goes.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Thank you to Mary Beth and second hope for putting this on.

:yeahthat: I met many cool dogs and a few cats today! :buddies:

Thanks to all that came out! Sorry about the wait and not being able to print on the spot! At 12:10, I think the line was going out the door already. I know some of you waited for hours. We had/have a couple glitches... So Thanks for your patience!

I know I'll be up late tonight printing out the 4x6 prints.

Big thanks to Phyxius and QuarterMom for giving up your day to come out and play with pictures. QuarterMom, thanks so much for all your help with setting up and being the squeaker peep! Phyx, you took some wonderful pictures as always! :huggy: to both of you!!!

Last edited:

kerriellen

Although we had to wait for over 2 hours, it was worth it when I saw the elaborate Christmas setup used for the pictures. I can't wait to see Cody's print! I know it'll be great on the ornaments I make up for Cody's friends at the nursing home.

Thanks also to the people with big dogs for keeping them away from Cody so he didn't go ballistic. I wish I could figure out how to keep him from getting hysterical with big dogs that aren't acting agressively.

Kerri (and Cody!)

SoftballCrazy

A HUGE thanks to our photographers for all of their work yesterday...I know they have gotta be tired...it was a never ending line, not much time at all (if any) to take a break, your hard work is sincerely appreciated and we are forever indebted to your graciousness!
Thanks to Frequent Flier for letting us hang out all day and use her shop for pics!
Thanks to all the customers for being patient and waiting for their photo shoot - I'm sure all of the pics turned out wonderfully.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
A HUGE thanks to our photographers for all of their work yesterday...I know they have gotta be tired...it was a never ending line, not much time at all (if any) to take a break, your hard work is sincerely appreciated and we are forever indebted to your graciousness!
Thanks to Frequent Flier for letting us hang out all day and use her shop for pics!
Thanks to all the customers for being patient and waiting for their photo shoot - I'm sure all of the pics turned out wonderfully.

Everything was great! The photographers really worked with my dogs to get great shots. I'm glad I got there a little early though..we were the first group and it was packed when we were leaving and it was only about 12:30.

SoftballCrazy

Thank you for this. It was well worth the 2+ hour wait, and it's all for a good cause. Kudos. :yahoo::clap::yahoo:

I remember seeing your cute little pugs there! I bet their XMAS shots turned out great.
If we ever do this again, we'll have to find a way to streamline the process/wait time...thanks for your patience. Hope you had a chance to browse the store, FF has some cute items in there, as well as some awesome smelling candles, treats, purses, etc.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Everything was great! The photographers really worked with my dogs to get great shots. I'm glad I got there a little early though..we were the first group and it was packed when we were leaving and it was only about 12:30.

It was steady all day! Dogs and cats! The photographers didn't leave the store until 7-7:30.
Loper had to go home and print off the pictures. :jameo:

Events like this make me "high" for a long time. Second Hope has over 60 dogs in foster homes and many cats as well. This event will help them tremendously with vetting costs and all the other expenses involved in trying to re-home these animals. They also had a couple of possible adoptions yesterday.
All the local rescue groups work so hard. I admire everyone's dedication and energy.
Nice meeting you, Catt!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
:yeahthat: I met many cool dogs and a few cats today! :buddies:

Thanks to all that came out! Sorry about the wait and not being able to print on the spot! At 12:10, I think the line was going out the door already. I know some of you waited for hours. We had/have a couple glitches... So Thanks for your patience!

I know I'll be up late tonight printing out the 4x6 prints.

Big thanks to Phyxius and QuarterMom for giving up your day to come out and play with pictures. QuarterMom, thanks so much for all your help with setting up and being the squeaker peep! Phyx, you took some wonderful pictures as always! :huggy: to both of you!!!

Loper, Phyxius and QMom, you gals are terrific, it was a great turn out and I can't wait to see the pix. :huggy: MB, as always thanks for giving us and our pups/kittens a place to help them find 4ever homes. SHR, you all are the bomb as well!!:dye::yahoo:

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I can't say much that hasn't been said, Loper, Phy, and Quartermom you all were awesome and so dedicated to what you were doing, I can't wait to see the results.

Everyone that came out and waited, thanks so very much, your patience and support means more than you could ever know.

Second Hope volunteers that were there all day, thank you for giving up your Sunday to help out, as usual you all are awesome!

Frequentflier - what can I say??? Your support and hospitality has helped many Second Hope dogs find their forever homes, you have done so much for us and I can't thank you enough.

navigator

BIG THANKS to Debbie Patterson. Her wonderful photos were the main reason this event was such a success. Talent and generosity in one package. Can't top that!! The animals thank you, Debbie!!

frequentflier

happy to be living
BIG THANKS to Debbie Patterson. Her wonderful photos were the main reason this event was such a success. Talent and generosity in one package. Can't top that!! The animals thank you, Debbie!!

Some of the pix were at the store awaiting pick up today- OMG- you all are the best :yahoo: