Home alone

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
CandyRain said:
Enough with the self righteous BS, people. Let me ask you this, what costs more, your mortgage or your child's education? :confused: Oh, let me guess, the public schools where you live are just fine. :rolleyes: Don't talk to me about sacrifices until you're paying tuition that you can barely afford for a college prep school. Your sacrifices are made for your convenience, not what's in the best interest of your child.

Step away from the keyboard, you're getting indignant. One could argue that you shouldn't have had a child if you couldn't support them comfortably. You're trying to justify yourself by steering way off topic. I beat my kids but it's ok because I send them to the best school! Sounds silly doesn't it?

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
CandyRain said:
Enough with the self righteous BS, people. Let me ask you this, what costs more, your mortgage or your child's education? :confused: Oh, let me guess, the public schools where you live are just fine. :rolleyes: Don't talk to me about sacrifices until you're paying tuition that you can barely afford for a college prep school. Your sacrifices are made for your convenience, not what's in the best interest of your child.
I went to public school. And my mom didn't leave me home asleep at 7 years old.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
CandyRain said:
I wasn't being self-righteous, just stating my opinion on the matter. And as a matter of fact, I pay a mortgage AND tuition. That is not "convenience", that is a fact of life.

morganj614

CandyRain said:
That's for those posting about "sacrifices" and "mother of the year". I asked a simple question, got the answer and a bunch of BS along with it.

The fact that you did not know the correct answers is what is scary.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CandyRain said:
My son's only 7. The reason I'm asking is because he goes to bed at 8:30, he's a sound sleeper (and I mean NEVER gets up for ANYTHING, not even to pee), and there are times, like at 9 when I'm still up and my to-do list is still weighing on my mind, when I think, "Hmmmmm, hopefully sometime soon, I can run to the grocery store and pick up a couple things." My only worry is that that would be the night he got up for a drink of water.
I do not think this is a good idea. And I find it hard to believe you're surprised by the reaction you got.

CandyRain

Ehesef said:
I went to public school. And my mom didn't leave me home asleep at 7 years old.
And I didn't leave my child either. AND I was out of diva cups, which led to this whole question anyway. :faint:

PrepH4U

vraiblonde said:
I do not think this is a good idea. And I find it hard to believe you're surprised by the reaction you got.
:yay:
But as mothers we all know that something forgotten from the grocery store is always more important than the kid left home alone aspect. :sarcasm:

Tina2001aniT

CandyRain said:
Enough with the self righteous BS, people. Let me ask you this, what costs more, your mortgage or your child's education? :confused:

My mortgage......what good is a good education if you have to live under the slide on the playground?

CandyRain said:
Oh, let me guess, the public schools where you live are just fine. :rolleyes:

Actually the public school that my daughter attends is EXCELLENT, just because you pay for a school doesn't necessarily make it better. I have looked at and seen the products of some private schools, that my daughters public school education puts to shame....

CandyRain said:
Don't talk to me about sacrifices until you're paying tuition that you can barely afford for a college prep school. Your sacrifices are made for your convenience, not what's in the best interest of your child.

I forgot, you are mother of the year :notworthy:

Pete

Repete
I guess I am bad because I have "snuck out" for 10 minutes to grab a pack of Newports or a half gallon of milk when Boy was asleep when he was younger. :shrug:

CandyRain

Pete said:
I guess I am bad because I have "snuck out" for 10 minutes to grab a pack of Newports or a half gallon of milk when Boy was asleep when he was younger. :shrug:
That coulda been me last night getting my diva cups, but I thought better of it...till I woke up this morning. :ohwell:

CandyRain

Tina2001aniT said:
Actually the public school that my daughter attends is EXCELLENT, just because you pay for a school doesn't necessarily make it better. I have looked at and seen the products of some private schools, that my daughters public school education puts to shame....

Yes, that's what everyone says to justify their "sacrifice". College prep is called that for a reason. Public schools HAVE to cater to the lowest common denominator. Good choice :sarcasm:

Tina2001aniT

CandyRain said:
Yes, that's what everyone says to justify their "sacrifice". College prep is called that for a reason. Public schools HAVE to cater to the lowest common denominator. Good choice :sarcasm:

You caught me, my poor poor kid with straight a's at eight and reading on an eigth grade level.....Those damn public school educations.....

nomoney

CandyRain said:
Shouldn't you be off nursing a 12 year old or something?? :confused:

wow, with a stupid come back like that - no wonder you thought leaving your kid home alone at night is okay.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Tina2001aniT said:
There was an article in the post this week-end about this very subject.. WHY pay all that money for a private school, when just as many public school kids are getting into IV league schools??

And remember, when BAD kids get expelled from public school they are required by law to still go to school, where do they go??

CandyRain

Tina2001aniT said:
You caught me, my poor poor kid with straight a's at eight and reading on an eigth grade level.....Those damn public school educations.....
Getting those grades and reading on an 8th grade level in public school ain't the same. Sawry. :poorbaby:

Hey, if good enough is good enough for you, you don't owe me an explanation. But maybe you should think twice about getting on your high horse on the parenting forum next time. No one is above reproach. :biggrin: