Home alone

sugarmama

Ehesef said:
Whoa. I attended public school for 13 years, counting Kindergarten. From those schools, I learned enough to have letters flooding my mailbox from colleges, scholarship programs, etc. I also learned enough to score a 1010 on the SAT in the 7th grade and a 1290 in the 11th (the 1290 was after a loooooong night of partying). So get off your high horse already. If you are a decent parent, your kid doesn't need a private school education.

:yeahthat:

I went to a private school, and Ehesef got a higher SAT score than I did. And we were BOTH accepted to colleges.
Candy, you're a tard. I think you've effed up so much with your son that you feel that sending him to a private school makes up for all the other sh!t you've done wrong. It's a waste of money and doesn't make you any better than anyone else.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
sugarmama said:
ItsBob hit it right on the head--the teachers are the SAME! The teachers at the private schools are not educated anymore than the teachers at the public schools.
I'm under the impression that up until a few years ago, the teachers at private schools didn't have the requirements that public school teachers do.

sugarmama

Ehesef said:
I'm under the impression that up until a few years ago, the teachers at private schools didn't have the requirements that public school teachers do.

:shrug: Could be; I don't know. All of my teachers were decent. I can only count a few that I would question whether they themselves even went to college... but that was in middle school. My HS teachers were fine... but no better than public teachers. They didn't have their masters and pHD's or anything...

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
sugarmama said:
:shrug: Could be; I don't know. All of my teachers were decent. I can only count a few that I would question whether they themselves even went to college... but that was in middle school. My HS teachers were fine... but no better than public teachers. They didn't have their masters and pHD's or anything...
My fiance went to private school. He said he wouldn't waste the money on his kids. There's nothing wrong with public school, as long as you are a decent parent. People forget that teachers aren't babysitters, they are not paid to raise your kids.

sugarmama

Ehesef said:
My fiance went to private school. He said he wouldn't waste the money on his kids. There's nothing wrong with public school, as long as you are a decent parent. People forget that teachers aren't babysitters, they are not paid to raise your kids.

I agree w/ B ( :howdy: ). I can see if the child has some sort of learning disability where they need smaller class sizes and more individualized lessons, sending them to a private school. But, hubby and i plan on sending our future children to public school. I don't think it was worth the money. I didn't hate it or anything, it's just too expensive for what you get.

To be fair... we have to take into consideration that CandyRain is living in D.C. and private school may very well be worth the extra money in that area. But that raises the question as to why Candy would chose to live there...:shrug:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Dayum, how did this become "bash the private schoolers" thread? :lol:

I prefer the private school(s) that I have my kids in. I don't have them in their for "status" or because I think it will get them in to an Ivy League College. I simply prefer the them. I've tried public schools with both of my kids, and just didn't like them as well as the schools they are in now. My oldest is leaning towards public school next year, which will bum me out because I really like the school he's in, and they have the most fabulous staff. Just ask Harleygirl. :yay: :wink:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:
To be fair... we have to take into consideration that CandyRain is living in D.C. and private school may very well be worth the extra money in that area. But that raises the question as to why Candy would chose to live there...:shrug:

As well as leave a child alone at night there! :yikes:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Christy said:
Dayum, how did this become "bash the private schoolers" thread? :lol:

I prefer the private school(s) that I have my kids in. I don't have them in their for "status" or because I think it will get them in to an Ivy League College. I simply prefer the them. I've tried public schools with both of my kids, and just didn't like them as well as the schools they are in now. My oldest is leaning towards public school next year, which will bum me out because I really like the school he's in, and they have the most fabulous staff. Just ask Harleygirl. :yay: :wink:
But you are not here calling every child that attends public school an unfortunate idiot. I'm not bashing private schools, I'm simply bashing those that bash public schools.

Tina2001aniT

Ehesef said:
But you are not here calling every child that attends public school an unfortunate idiot. I'm not bashing private schools, I'm simply bashing those that bash public schools.

I have nothing against private schools, Woody's kids go to private school, and when we move out of Ashlie's school district ( I LOVE LOVE LOVE her public school and am upset to be moving out of district) she will join Woody's kids at the private school. SOME public schools are excellent, other's not so much but you get the same with private schools. The private school that Woody's kids attended in St. Mary's I would not send my kid there, she was getting a better education in her public school, hence the reason I moved BACK to Calvert and we sacrificed until we could find a solution that suited ALL kids involved. I don't think it is really a public versus private school thing, it is more school to school.

sockgirl77

CandyRain said:
I would have a "Home Alone" conversation with him WELL before I would ever do it. :rolleyes: Since I'm a single parent, we've also had the "if-you-wake-up-and-find-mommy-sleeping-and-she-won't-wake-up" conversation many times.
Do not ever use "I'm a single parent" as an excuse to be less of a parent. :rolleyes: 7 years old is way too effing young to even consider leaving him alone. I'm a single parent of 2 and I still manage to get my errands done while my kids are awake. And that is on top of a 50 hour work week.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Dang, when I fell asleep we were arguing about leaving your kid home alone. I wake up and we're arguing about public vs. private education. Must remember not to doze off at work..... :yawn:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ehesef said:

and Christy is HOT and we all love her!!

sockgirl77

CandyRain said:
Enough with the self righteous BS, people. Let me ask you this, what costs more, your mortgage or your child's education? :confused: Oh, let me guess, the public schools where you live are just fine. :rolleyes: Don't talk to me about sacrifices until you're paying tuition that you can barely afford for a college prep school. Your sacrifices are made for your convenience, not what's in the best interest of your child.
OK, Can we talk about sacrifices? I pay for private school for my son. Your point?