Homeowners Associations

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Thanks...

Originally posted by Blondie76
How about the kids who walk in the middle of the street - AND THEY KNOW YOU ARE THERE. But will not budge.

I've found that squealing tires does well with moving their sorry azzes out of the way. :biggrin:

Jewel

What I hate is when there are young kids out there playing in the streets and the parents are no where to be found. I understand if they are a certain age but these are very young and do not watch where they are going or are aware of vehicles coming.

Blondie76

Re: Re: Re: Thanks...

Originally posted by justhangn
I've found that squealing tires does well with moving their sorry azzes out of the way. :biggrin:

Is that squealing tires from eccelerating or slamming on the brakes? :really:

K

Katie

Let's see in my condo development the kids play basketball in the parking lot. They hit people's cars and don't give a cr@p.

The trash only gets picked up twice a week, and when the dumpster is filled people put the trash on the outside and of course the trashmen don't pick it up.

The lawn finally got cut only after it was up to our knees.

We suggested a playground for the kids to go on,, and they shot it down, becasue of the risk of them getting hurt. Like playing in the parking lot is any safer! DOH!

One of the residents has his Xmas tree on the balcony still.

Blondie76

Katie -

That sounds like my where my sister lives (in PA that is). The kids are always running around in the parking lot. Her husband has a truck and one of the neighbors told her that they were jumping in and out of the bed of the truck. Apparently some of the kids starting fires in the woods for fun as well.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Katie

One of the residents has his Xmas tree on the balcony still.
Uh... He just has his Fathers Day Tree up a little early is all! :rolleyes:

K

Katie

Originally posted by Kyle
Uh... He just has his Fathers Day Tree up a little early is all! :rolleyes:

He will take it down in July when they have the family picnic, but will put it in the woods.

What is a hoot is they have this picnic like 50 people there, and if you go out on yoour balconey they give you dirty looks like you are barging in!

Jewel

It is just getting too conjested around here to have kids running around like they are crazy. They don't care for others property.

I agree on the trash situation. It seems as if the trash men only comes when they feel like it.

tatgirl99

Go Steelers!!!
I live in a neighborhood that has a HOA and I only pay $40 bucks a year. I would hate that $25 bucks a month. They use the money to pay for mowing the common areas, snow removal, spraying for mosquitos and a couple other things I can't think of right now.

I had a neighbor that had trash in there yard all the time and I reported them to the HOA and they warned them about it and said if they didn't clean it up, :burning: the HOA would hire someone to clean it up and send the home owner the bill. Well they kept it clean for about a month and they were back to leaving trash every where. The bad thing was on trash days when they would put there trash out and not put any lids on there cans and the big crows would come along and rip the bags open and there would be trash up and down the street and all the time it comes in my yard. It's awful. Sometimes the HOA works pretty good for some things but not for everything.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
When I lived in Frederick, we paid $52 a month. This included trash pick-up, landscaping in the common areas/grass mowing, pool membership, tennis courts, soccer fields, several playgrounds, miles of walking and biking trails and the Gestapo protecting us against garden gnomes. The covenants were about 300 pages long.

Where I live now, it's a new neighborhood. The State requires an HOA be set up. We pay $25/year, which is intended primarily to maintain the common areas. The developer never installed the playgrounds like he was supposed to, so common areas are mostly stormwater ponds, grass and woods. $25/yr won't get the grass cut, so the HOA had to require residents to do it, some do, some don't but there's barely enough money for postage to send letters, forget hiring a lawyer to enforce the rules.

The only way to dissolve the HOA is to get someone else to assume responsibilities for the common areas and the county ain't about to do it, so who will.

In Pinefield, when I was a kid they had a very active HOA but people stopped paying. Some private organization took over the park maintainance and no one paid the electric bill for the street lights. About 2 yrs ago, they turned off the streetlights b/c the bill was seriously delinquent (like 2 years). That's when a lot of people said "HOA, what HOA?" The county assumed responsibility for the street lights and got them turned back on. We made an offer on a house there, last year and we signed a paper saying we were aware that there was no HOA. Carrington, in St. Charles was the same way. 30 yrs ago they had a very active HOA, now, nothing. They even had a pool there, but I don't think you can even get down the road to it anymore, it's so overgrown.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by Kyle

They're nothing more than an Organized Group of Busy-Bodies!

Kill them all! :boo:

I wholeheartedly agree! I would NEVER buy a home in a neighborhood with HOA's. I would loathe living in a Stepford neighborhood. :barf:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Christy
I would loathe living in a Stepford neighborhood.
HEY! I resemble that remark! :lol:

I like an HOA - I'm a Tupperware Modular Mate kind of person.

http

Originally posted by vraiblonde
HEY! I resemble that remark! :lol:

I like an HOA - I'm a Tupperware Modular Mate kind of person.

I agree. I pay a little under $50 a month, but I don't possess a snowplow, trash truck, asphalt machine, cement mixer or security company, so HOAs are great for me.

I love nature and everything, but the last thing I want to do after a hard 8 hours a day of SOMD and Yahoo message board posting is to come home and have to plant a tree.

SmallTown

Football season!
As long as you're not being an a$$clown, HOAs are pretty transparent to the average homeowner. But they can only do so much. It still falls back on to the thing I talk about most when it comes to these types of issues - Self respect.

Here, our HOA is $40 per month, but covers 5 swimming pools, a park, common areas, snow removal, trash pickup, tot lots, trails, etc. And they make sure that, even though some may disagree, a 40 foot statue in your front yard worshipping satan is NOT a good thing. If you live way out in the woods on many acres, then sure, HOA's are a waste. But if you're in a "regular" community, HOAs can offer a lot more than what you feel they may take away. If nothing more, having the peace of mind that the statue stated above will never be put into someone's front yard...
I personally don't have faith in everyone doing "normal" things with their home, thus HOA is the best way to go.

Blondie76

Originally posted by Kain99
I wish I lived in an HOA neighborhood. My neighbors have lost their minds!

They have purchased 3 bright orange tractor trailer *trailers* to store hay in.

They like the idea so much they are purchasing 3 more...

I'd make a smart alec comment but I really just feel like crying. :frown:

OMG - Where do you live? Do they have a lot of land or something?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by http
I agree. I pay a little under $50 a month, but I don't possess a snowplow, trash truck, asphalt machine, cement mixer or security company, so HOAs are great for me....
What homeowners association plows snow, hauls trash, resurfaces roads and does concrete? :confused:

I've only ever witnessed "State" and "County" authorities conducting those activities.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Plenty of land but no where to hide these blinding monstrosities. :bawl:
Look in another direction. :biggrin:

Personally, short of testing explosives or keeping a herd of skunks, I could care less what my neighbors do on their property.

Bring on the Pink Flamingos, Yard Balls and Garden Gnomes. I won't be bothered looking and their presence won't keep me awake.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I wish I lived in an HOA neighborhood. My neighbors have lost their minds!

They have purchased 3 bright orange tractor trailer *trailers* to store hay in.

They like the idea so much they are purchasing 3 more...

I'd make a smart alec comment but I really just feel like crying. :frown:

Yeah, and they'd be knocking on your door when the smoke clears later this summer... Hay+Trailer+Summer Heat=Poof! :biggrin:

Thumbs Up to HOA's... An active HOA makes for a nice neighborhood. Before you buy your house, you agree to the HOA rules. As long as the Board maintains the integrity of the HOA, then all property owners benefit! When they quit enforcing the rules, so goes the neighborhood.

Last edited: