house/apartment for rent

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
So you know that this place also has both? Its not uncommon..but its not 'standard' either.

My backup heat is wood...which keeps the heat pump from taking all my beer money. Oil heat would do the same..if its installed like that.

no i dont know if it does im just sayin that my grandparents have it like that but if it has a oil heat back up thats kool cuz like i said oil would be no problem

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
So you know that this place also has both? Its not uncommon..but its not 'standard' either.

My backup heat is wood...which keeps the heat pump from taking all my beer money. Oil heat would do the same..if its installed like that.

there is a place down in scottland that has a fireplace thats cheaper then that place and its on the water i went and looked at it but the other half hasnt looked yet and he likes fishing so i think he will like it buttttttt....it being on the water i didnt get a chance to go in and look but im worried that it could flood a bit lol

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
there is a place down in scottland that has a fireplace thats cheaper then that place and its on the water i went and looked at it but the other half hasnt looked yet and he likes fishing so i think he will like it buttttttt....it being on the water i didnt get a chance to go in and look but im worried that it could flood a bit lol

You cannot heat a home with a fireplace. You CAN heat it..and often fairly well..with a 1500-dollar woodburning fireplace insert. Just so you know the difference.

I live on the water just north of Scotland. My house first floor is exactly 5 1/2" elevation above the mean water line and.....flooded a tiny bit in the '03 hurricane but damage to wiring and insulation was extensive. Scotland would have been in same situation...so examine that rental house and eyeball its elevation accordingly.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
You cannot heat a home with a fireplace. You CAN heat it..and often fairly well..with a 1500-dollar woodburning fireplace insert. Just so you know the difference.

I live on the water just north of Scotland. My house first floor is exactly 5 1/2" elevation above the mean water line and.....flooded a tiny bit in the '03 hurricane but damage to wiring and insulation was extensive. Scotland would have been in same situation...so examine that rental house and eyeball its elevation accordingly.

i didnt know they made inserts like that... when we buy a house im going to put a wood stove in. my grandparents have one and when they had it hooked up to their old house it worked fairly well lol

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've heated with wood, either exclusively or as backup or 'auxilliary' heat, for my entire life. It can be a great way to heat..or it can be a pain in the butt. It depends on a lot of things like what kind of burner (stove) you buy..where and how its installed..how often someone is home to tend it..where you get yr firewood, what kind of wood, and what it costs you, etc etc.

R

retiredweaxman

i didnt know they made inserts like that... when we buy a house im going to put a wood stove in my grandparents have one and when they had it hooked up to their old house it worked fairly well lol

Don't you think that would hurt???

Punctuation is your friend!!!

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I've heated with wood, either exclusively or as backup or 'auxilliary' heat, for my entire life. It can be a great way to heat..or it can be a pain in the butt. It depends on a lot of things like what kind of burner (stove) you buy..where and how its installed..how often someone is home to tend it..where you get yr firewood, what kind of wood, and what it costs you, etc etc.

i would love to get my grandparents woodstove its well older then and im almost 21. i love the smell of firewood