House votes against election funding

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
wmwaaah.gif

Oh stop...

Chris0nllyn

And they've been traitorous little ####bags well before Trump was president. That has nothing to do with responding in kind on these boards.

Beyond that, don't expect my death anytime soon.... there isn't' a Democrat alive that I need worry over.

And yet the Republicans gave us the Patriot Act, continually re-up and expand the FISA Act (especially Section 702), gave us entitlement programs (Social Security, Medicare), gave us out of control spending (i.e. no fiscal conservatism), gave us TARP, gave us endless wars, gave us nothing in terms of Obamacare repeal, haven't done anything to boost infrastructure, nor more belief in a free market, and believe less in Constitutional protections of things they disagree with (the press, for one).

The GOP has turned into everything they once hated and you stand idly by while this happens. Your blinder is only on your right eye, forcing you to perceive only the left as traitors or enemies of liberty, ignoring the fact that the GOP and Democrats are two sides of the same coin.

MiddleGround

Lessee..last time we had a customer that wasn't from Bungfok Everywhereexceptthe US was....oh..right..about never. ;-) Sucks to be stupid but you do your best try and make it look better.

If only this response had anything remotely to do with the comment I made. It might have made sense. It is easy to get confused when you are on here all day and participate :lmao: in so many discussions. Here.. I'll repost it. Try again there ole' timer.

Unlike the ones that represent themselves here with such dignity. All day... every day? :killingme

SamSpade

It's pretty sad that the two people labeled as "progbots" by the peanut gallery are the only ones that seem to care about the deficit and govt. spending.

What happened to the GOP?

When has the Democratic Party EVER run on the idea of lowering the deficit?
Or spending LESS?

SamSpade

, haven't done anything to boost infrastructure.

I don't know if the GOP even HAS a policy on this - but - in general - I am completely against the idea of Uncle Sam ever footing the bill for infrastructure UNLESS it is directly related to something
they are responsible for - such as interstate roads. Or related to things like national security.

The problem with the nation's infrastructure in the big cities is - they'd rather waste dollars on programs for this and that than stuff they need to pay attention to.
New Orleans is a classic case of wasting city funds for important anti-flood infrastructure because they gambled for decades it would never be necessary.

A city, a county, a state should pay for their own stuff - their own projects. It should never bill the rest of the country for mismanagement.

and believe less in Constitutional protections of things they disagree with (the press, for one).

Ok- I'll bite - how has the press suffered at all in terms of losing Constitutional protection? Has the government shut them down or something?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I don't know if the GOP even HAS a policy on this - but - in general - I am completely against the idea of Uncle Sam ever footing the bill for infrastructure UNLESS it is directly related to something
they are responsible for - such as interstate roads. Or related to things like national security.

I would add the national electric grid to that list. (Or do you include that under national security?)

stgislander

PREMO Member
Transporter, you and I agree that the budget deficit is out of control...

It's pretty sad that the two people labeled as "progbots" by the peanut gallery are the only ones that seem to care about the deficit and govt. spending.

Tranny may have a point about the deficit. I think everyone here agrees about the deficit. But I can't recall her ever advocating for reduced spending. (And I don't want to waste time searching the forum looking for it.) Others here have asked her many times for her suggestions on what spending to reduce. All they get is crickets.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And yet the Republicans gave us the Patriot Act, continually re-up and expand the FISA Act (especially Section 702), gave us entitlement programs (Social Security, Medicare), gave us out of control spending (i.e. no fiscal conservatism), gave us TARP, gave us endless wars, gave us nothing in terms of Obamacare repeal, haven't done anything to boost infrastructure, nor more belief in a free market, and believe less in Constitutional protections of things they disagree with (the press, for one).

The GOP has turned into everything they once hated and you stand idly by while this happens. Your blinder is only on your right eye, forcing you to perceive only the left as traitors or enemies of liberty, ignoring the fact that the GOP and Democrats are two sides of the same coin.

Oh #### dude are you still harping on this? Jesus effing Christ… Girl

I'll put it to you this way maybe you can grasp it. When you go after a problem take on the most serious part of it first, the part that's doing the most damage. And if someone else can help you take on the part you need to, even if they are adding to a problem, use their help first and when you clean up that mess go after what's left.

Overall the Republicans haven't gotten us as much trouble as when Democrats come to power. Democrats operate in lockstep without fail. That makes them very efficient at destroying things. The Republican Party couldn't agree on a cuppa coffee most days.

PsyOps

Pixelated
When has the Democratic Party EVER run on the idea of lowering the deficit?
Or spending LESS?

Every time I read something like this I think about Obama calling the debt being 'unpatriotic' when Bush was amassing it. Then he went on to amass more debt than every president combined. Now, admittedly, most of that falls on the GOP, because they had control of congress. But Obama owns it for signing those spending bills.

Democrats can never escape their reputation for being the tax and spend party. But republicans are right on par with them.

SamSpade

Every time I read something like this I think about Obama calling the debt being 'unpatriotic' when Bush was amassing it. Then he went on to amass more debt than every president combined. Now, admittedly, most of that falls on the GOP, because they had control of congress.

You won't get argument from the left on this - they blame the GOP for the rise. Well - until 2006. When the Dems took over. THEN it became Bush's fault for some reason.
And it was still his fault until the GOP took Congress back. Then it became Congress's fault.

But you have to go back to the economy of the 90's. You know. Under Clinton. Then, it was HIM, and not the GOP Congress.
Even when there was a "surplus" in the late 90's. When the GOP not only was in control, but that they CAMPAIGNED ON BALANCING THE BUDGET
in 94, and shut down the government when Clinton wouldn't pledge to do so in seven years.

So the GOP did it in four. And the Dems take credit for it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Overall the Republicans haven't gotten us as much trouble as when Democrats come to power.

Here's how I see it. Republicans set things up for what they believe to be for the greater good of the country. Democrats abuse those things to destroy their enemy (republicans) and push a leftist agenda. The Patriot Act is a good example. Bush and the GOP pushed this on us under the premise of catching terrorists. Obama and democrats used it to surveil Americans; people that were considered to be political enemies. Think about the border wall. The GOP wants a wall to keep people out from coming in illegally. It's a national security issue. Will democrats come along and use it to keep Americans in? We have to look at thing not just from the aspect of what our intentions are; but also what the other side's intention might be.

The best course for this country is to lean on the premise of what our founders wanted... small and limited government, where the people have control. Neither party represents this, at all.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The best course for this country is to lean on the premise of what our founders wanted... small and limited government, where the people have control. Neither party represents this, at all.

I don't disagree with that at all.

It's a matter of effective effort.

You can only eat the elephant one bite at a time.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't disagree with that at all.

It's a matter of effective effort.

You can only eat the elephant one bite at a time.

I only see us moving back to what our founders demanded when we have a complete collapse. We are quite prosperous right now, and the illusion is to keep government doing what they're doing - kicking the can further down the road.

This_person

What happened to the GOP?
I don't understand the question. People on here were almost universally against the last budget, the GOP accurately said that election funding is adequate and doesn't need to be increased and the people here mostly agree, and then there's your question. How do they relate?