Hummingbird help!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I did not read the whole thing Jazz did he wake up or die..I have seen them wake up blink some and take a long time to get together enough to fly...placing him in the shade was the right thing to do..let me know what happened I love the little hummingbirds.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Claudia says she can't wait. She has the tabasco sauce ready :yay:

Yeah, like Claudia would ever give up her nice bowl of Meow Mix and comfy bed to chase a bird. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jazz lady said:
Yeah, like Claudia would ever give up her nice bowl of Meow Mix and comfy bed to chase a bird.
She doesn't like the birds that are out here now - a hummingbird would probably make *her* crash into a window. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

jazz lady said:
Yeah, like Claudia would ever give up her nice bowl of Meow Mix and comfy bed to chase a bird. :killingme

...but if Aunite Jazz comes over with a, shall we say, restricted mobility hummingbird, she'd propbably give it a go. :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Pasofever said:
I did not read the whole thing Jazz did he wake up or die..I have seen them wake up blink some and take a long time to get together enough to fly...placing him in the shade was the right thing to do..let me know what happened I love the little hummingbirds.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. He laid there stunned for about 10 minutes, then I rolled him onto his stomach, he fluttered his wings, and took off like a shot. :yay:

I must say it was an absolutely incredible experience holding that tiny creature in the palm of my hand and looking at the beautiful green colors on his body. I'm so glad he made it and I could help. :smile:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
mainman said:
you could have read the goddamn thread by now ya lazy ass...

:smack:

Jazz glad he made it.....I bet he was really tiny ha? Dont think I have ever got to hold a little hummingbird...I am so tickled he is ok... :yay:

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
Yes, that's exactly what happened. He laid there stunned for about 10 minutes, then I rolled him onto his stomach, he fluttered his wings, and took off like a shot. :yay:

I must say it was an absolutely incredible experience holding that tiny creature in the palm of my hand and looking at the beautiful green colors on his body. I'm so glad he made it and I could help. :smile:

Good for you Jazzy!!!! :clap: :clap: :huggy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
mainman said:
you could have read the goddamn thread by now ya lazy ass...

Hummingbird help! 05-10-2007 03:32 PM you could have read the goddamn thread by now ya lazy ass...

Cut and paste...guess you are a lazy ass too!!

Thanks MM at least I left your dumb ass green.. :smack:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...but if Aunite Jazz comes over with a, shall we say, restricted mobility hummingbird, she'd propbably give it a go. :lmao:

Sorry, but I'm not going to truss up a hummer to feed to that dang cat. :lol:

Cowgirl

jazz lady said:

I know what you mean! I got to hold one a few times when I worked at Southern States. They'd fly in through the door to the nursery...they'd get trapped in the building and I'd have to help them out. They are awesome. :biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh...

jazz lady said:
Sorry, but I'm not going to truss up a hummer to feed to that dang cat. :lol:

....she wouldn't eat. Are you kidding? She is much to refined for anything so gross and base as that. She'd just carry it around for a few days, proudly dropping it at Vrails feet every time she wanted some attention.

:lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Pasofever said:
Jazz glad he made it.....I bet he was really tiny ha? Dont think I have ever got to hold a little hummingbird...I am so tickled he is ok... :yay:
He was very tiny and weighed next to nothing. I used my badge to pick him up and he only about half covered it. He fit nicely in the palm of my hand.

I'm tickled he's okay and I didn't let my coworker "put him out of his misery."

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:

That happened to a woodpecker here years ago. Bounced off the slider and landed under a bench. 2A picked it up and held it for about half an hour. As it came around it would walk up his arm and down the other one. When it finally realized what it was doing it flew off. :lol: